I absolutely hate idiots like conspiracy theorist, but is my hate too much?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: I absolutely hate idiots like conspiracy theorist, but is my hate too much?
(16-09-2016 06:32 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(16-09-2016 06:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I find hate to be one of the most counterproductive of all emotions. Even worse than anger. I don't like me when I hate. So I don't hate.

I absolutely hate people who hate.

Unless they hate broccoli.

Ohmy So, you don't like broccoli, eh? Well, Ima show you. Ima tear into some tomorrow, in your honor!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
16-09-2016, 09:26 PM
hate is quite overused these days. I try to mix it up. Sometimes, a terrible thing will "give me gas". for example. I tried that here and Nishi and I had a bit of wordplay. He started this thread.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...itive-side

What a great guy
Heart
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
16-09-2016, 10:38 PM
I absolutely hate idiots like conspiracy theorist, but is my hate too much?
I understand the concept confliction of how feels about conspiracy dealings. Not to a desired amount I've lost patients I once had with the ranges of fallacious arguments to conspiracy realms.

Back when ancient aliens began I could watch it and be amused in concepts but seasons in I see it and am annoyed swiftly at the logical reaches, poor conclusion, and racist overtones to judging what some humans could do or not

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
17-09-2016, 12:20 AM
Hatred isn't conductive towards rational thinking, but hatred can still be understandable. How much you are concerned with your psychological health?

17-09-2016, 04:51 AM
I think hate is a much too strong feeling in this case. I don't like having to feel hate ; it happens sometimes (after all it's a natural feeling), but usually I keep it only for people who directly try to harm people I love or me, or when people commit horrible hateful things.

In this situation, I have more a mixture of angry/sad feeling. Angry, because those people spread lies that can hold mankind from progressing. Angry because those people who believe the lies are often those who judge you as a "sheep of the system", who "don't see the big picture" (things like that). Angry against myself because I can be gullible enough to ponder if there are truth or not in some of the lies. And sad because people believe those lies, help them spreading, it's not good for humanity.

I'm a bit on repeat mode on this subject, but social media is the worse thing that has happened to the progress of knowledge, rationality, and science. For 1 serious article that is shared about science, you have 150 articles that are shared about pseudoscience. For one article that is shared relating facts in the news, you have 150 articles that are shared explaining those facts with conspiracy theories...
I had hope in the 90s that humanity was progressing in the right direction (I mean, I felt that there were less and less religious people), but it seems we are taking a huge step back, and I don't see how it could get better since this phenomenon seems to get worse and worse.
17-09-2016, 05:04 AM
In 1965 I was given the full forty volume set of The Congressional Investigation into the Attack on Pearl Harbor by a neighbor who told me that "somewhere in there is the smoking gun that proves Roosevelt knew about the attack and let it happen on purpose!" He knew I was planning to join the Navy even then and played on that, "protect the Navy from this kind of political shenanigans in the future..."

I plowed through the whole 35,000+ pages in four years, having a ball reading the "first draft of history", but not finding a smoking gun. When I reported this to him Cecil just said "well, we'll find it somewhere else then."

He also confided in me that he was a veteran himself, having served with George Washington at Valley Forge. Facepalm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
17-09-2016, 12:35 PM
To Chas and Gawzilla, very cute. Yes I should have used paragraphs to make it easier but didn't so oh well. As for whatever real words I assume u meant my use of letters to shorten words but anyone can figure BC means because. Anyway I did not get on here to get ugly with anyone, I just wanted to inform skeptics that we r not all "crazy" nor do we all believe in every c.t. or believe in the same ones as every other theorists. Have a nice day.
17-09-2016, 12:44 PM
That is what a good conspiracy theorist/truther does is ask questions. As do some non theorists. But its the ones who don't ask and are complacent and just believe whatever news and government tells us. It is our right as American citizens to investigate and ask questions
17-09-2016, 12:51 PM
At work.

Hello Jgreen! Big Grin

So...... you're kind of on board with,

"There are no stupid questions......... Just lots of stupid people questioning things....."

Tongue

Thumbsup
[+] 4 users Like Peebothuhul's post
17-09-2016, 06:24 PM
That's very cute and yeah some of us (not me of course, jk) do ask stupid questions.