I actually remembered my dreams this morning!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2012, 07:16 PM
I actually remembered my dreams this morning!
Dream 1) Had a dream this morning that I was at some gathering, and Christopher Hitchens was there, at my table...at first we didn't interact because others were talking, but eventually we exchanged what seemed to be small talk...next thing you know, we're walking out together, and Christopher was going to give me a ride home--there was a concrete slide with a few curvy spots that led down the embankment--I considered taking the stairs to his car, but instead I took the slide, whooping all the way--Mr Hitchens seemed to enjoy my delight, and we chatted while he drove. He still had hair and a full figure, and wore a maroon-ish shirt. He was quite sweet, easy to get on with; I remember feeling very at ease, very comfortable with him.

Dream 2) I was at an amusement park and it must have just opened for the day. There was this ride that looked like something I'd never ride, especially alone. But there was no one to ride with, so I went alone...I was.scared, but determined to do it....even though there was a vertical drop...I kept waiting for that most scary part, but don't remember it actually arriving...and then I kept getting in line over and over again as it got more crowded, almost as if I couldn't get enough....

Dream 3) It was some time after some social gathering at someone's house. I later called back asking for one of the guests, who I'd been acquainted with. The woman who lived there said that the person I was looking for wasn't there and wouldn't be anymore because she never wants to associate with her ever again. I told the homeowner how glad I was because I really wanted to get to know her, and her kids, because they seemed like cool people.

Thoughts?

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
05-05-2012, 07:25 PM
RE: I actually remembered my dreams this morning!
(05-05-2012 07:16 PM)ValerieAnn1975 Wrote:  Thoughts?

Remembering and recording your dreams feels like a worthwhile endeavor. Trying to interpret them does not. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
05-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Interpretations:
1) Death
2) Death
3) Death
Have a nice day!
Seeing Hitch (dream 1) was like seeing Christ so now you must pray to him every day (repetition in dream 2) to ensure the drop at the end of the slide (dreams 1 and 2) does not happen. But social death (dream 3) is what you want to avoid.
But better news for all Scorpios out there because the alignment of the moon with Uranus... blah blah!

05-05-2012, 07:53 PM
you had a revelation! the Flying Spaghetti Monster touched you with his noodly appendage!! PRAISE THE FSM!!!

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
05-05-2012, 07:53 PM
The last dream I had.....

I was on Mythbusters with a bunch of Space Marines and we were testing out bolters...........I have no idea what the fuck that could mean.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
05-05-2012, 07:54 PM
I almost never remember my dreams.
I'm also pretty sure that for most of my life I never got to the stage of sleep where dreamin occurs.

My thoughts on your dreams:

Pretty cool. From what I hear dreams are more representative on what is going on in your life at the time. Not like in a literal way but in a fucked up dream way. Like when you dream that you are falling and you become panicky, it is supposed to be because things in your life are hectic and it's your brains way of saying ack.

I personally think dreams are just fucked up things that can be thoroughly enjoyed.

The only dreams I remember were all nightmares. When I was a kid nightmares freaked me out. Then I had that period of time I mentioned where I'm sure I didn't dream at all. So after that I started having nightmares again and they didn't bother me at all. I was just happy to be dreaming again.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
05-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Dream one and two have a liberating quality to them 1- You and CH are headed in the same direction, but you are so sure this is where you want to go that you don't even need CH to 'hold your hand' (take the stairs w/ him), you are so ready to move in that direction positively. 2. It might seem scary to do something you've never done before in your life, but once you did, again, liberation. You were so right you want to keep doing it (keep on this train of thought)

Are you new to atheism? lol. That would explain, I would think.

Dream three I don't understand. You are glad the other friend left because you like the home owner, or the friend? Either way it seems you are happy with the confirmed friendship when you called- so maybe you are happy to know some relationships more than others in your life now after certain 'social events' (representing momentous moments perhaps).

That's my subconscious take on them! Congrats on the dreams, I LOVE dreams. Especially when I fly or float.
05-05-2012, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 08:53 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-05-2012 07:54 PM)lucradis Wrote:  The only dreams I remember were all nightmares. When I was a kid nightmares freaked me out.

Were there clowns ? There ought to be clowns. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
05-05-2012, 08:39 PM
The best one I have ever had went something like this:

I'm an Indiana jones type searching a beach for something who the fuck knows. I'm with this girl who is hawt. Like super hawt. He's wearing really short shorts. I remember that part well.
Then from up in the woods that come immediately after the beach some zombies come. Me and the chick hightail it out of there but we can't seem to get away. Then I wake up. Problem is my brain was still in the dream and I could hear them coming. I got up an opened my bedroom door only to see them at the end I my hallway. So I turn and bang on my moms door.
Just as she opens her door I puke all over her.
I don't remember but I think it's likely I had a fever or something.

Funny thing was I was really young and this is one of my only surviving memories of my childhood. I hadn't seen any Indy movies yet nor had I heard of zombies. Now two of my favorite things.

On the topic of clowns... We had this painting of a clown standing in front of some circus tents. It was in the hallway between my room and the bathroom. Freaked me out to no end. Always watching me. My grandpa painted it I guess.
Then I read it when I was 11 I think. The clown took on new meaning to me then.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
05-05-2012, 08:48 PM
It's rare for me to remember a dream, unless it seems like a long and involved one and I don't get distracted when I wake up.

Lately, I've been dreaming and the alarm(only set from habit) will go off and I'll hit it and turn over thinking I'll finish the dream. Then while dozing, I either don't go back to the dream or just don't know if I do. After all that distraction, I completely forget what the dream was about.

Hmm, ValerieAnn1975... those dreams certainly seem to involve positive feelings associated with being with other people. That would feel good to wake up to.

Jotting down dreams and associated feelings over breakfast seems like a positive and productive morning activity. Even if your dreams start sucking or being disturbing, you'll have written them down and left them at breakfast, so they won't interfere with your day.

Either way, not a bad way to start the day. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post