I actually remembered my dreams this morning!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2012, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 09:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: I actually remembered my dreams this morning!
(05-05-2012 08:39 PM)lucradis Wrote:  On the topic of clowns... We had this painting of a clown standing in front of some circus tents. It was in the hallway between my room and the bathroom. Freaked me out to no end. Always watching me. My grandpa painted it I guess.
Then I read it when I was 11 I think. The clown took on new meaning to me then.

Kudos to your parents for the proper placement of the clowns. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-05-2012, 04:56 AM
I had a dream that I shot somebody 3 times in the back. Am I a murderer inside??
[+] 1 user Likes Magoo's post
06-05-2012, 05:01 AM
(06-05-2012 04:56 AM)Magoo Wrote:  I had a dream that I shot somebody 3 times in the back. Am I a murderer inside??
Not if you shot a catholic priest. That's a mercy killing.

06-05-2012, 05:30 AM
(06-05-2012 04:56 AM)Magoo Wrote:  I had a dream that I shot somebody 3 times in the back. Am I a murderer inside??
Inside what? Did you shoot the guy in the bathroom, or something?

I think it's more significant that it took you 3 shots to bring him down. You would suck as a murderer therefore, you can not be one.

Happy? Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
06-05-2012, 09:25 AM
There are basically two ways, that I've heard, and I feel, that dreams come about:

The best way I've ever heard dreams described was as our brains attempt to solve daily problems that, couldn't be, or have yet to be, solved, or even have arisen yet, during our daily lives though thoughts while sleeping. Your brain basically takes a problem, builds an environment around the problem, and gives you a chance to work out a solution.

That could be a link to your amusement park dream. I really don't know your personal situation, but I use to have amusement park dreams all of the time for my own reasons. I use to be very afraid of both tall roller coasters and ones with inversions, and I would have reoccurring dreams of riding similar rides. Once I rode some rides that went upside down, in real life, I'd only then have some dreams about tall rides, and after riding some of the tallest rides on the planet, I have yet to have another dream about an amusement part since.

Also, dreams come from our interactions in daily life. Your dream isn't always the biggest interaction of your day, or even necessarily a physical interaction, but it is likely a continuation of any interaction from your life, usually the day prior, or I guess, the day of dream. It is just your subconscious continuation of your day.

As far as remembering a dream goes, I personally have noticed that dreams tend to get thrown into the recycle bin part of the brain. Usually the part of the brain that holds and disposes of useless, or what your brain might consider, less important information. Think old phone numbers, phone numbers you rarely call, people's names that you are likely to never meet again or would rarely see, and other stuff like that.

If you have ever had a conversation with someone and was getting ready to come in with a great point, prior to being distracted and having an 'I forgot what I was about to say moment', think of dreams similar to those points. If you think hard enough you can usually bring whatever it was your were thinking about back up, but it is usually difficult. Dreams, when you are distracted, by basically waking up without keeping a continual contemplation of the dream, at least long enough so the dream can be cemented into your brain, will quickly be disregarded by your brain. I think that is why stages of sleep that people go through have a link between whether or not people remember dreams.

Personally, I always know I have dreamt afterward, and tend to know when I'm dreaming, all regardless of whether or not I remember my dreams vividly the next morning or not. I guess I tend to have very lucid dreams. I have a lot of control in my dreams. I can fly in my dreams almost at will. If I have a nightmare, I can wake myself almost instantly. Besides my dreams being very sporadic and rarely staying linear, (e.g. if I dream I'm talking to a person, it usually ends up changing into like five different people by the end of the same conversation), I tend not to have problems with dreams or dreaming.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
06-05-2012, 10:14 AM
(06-05-2012 05:30 AM)kim Wrote:  
Inside what? Did you shoot the guy in the bathroom, or something?

I think it's more significant that it took you 3 shots to bring him down. You would suck as a murderer therefore, you can not be one.

Happy? Dodgy

I meant inside myself.

Actually it was a girl I liked lol. She was running away from something, I pulled out my gun from my holster and I popped one into her shoulder. She was wearing a bullet proof vest and she fell to the ground. I walked over and looked down at her, then shot 2 more into her chest. For some reason the vest had disappeared by then so she died. I lifted her up and started crying then because I regretted it. It was in my back garden.
06-05-2012, 10:50 AM
(06-05-2012 10:14 AM)Magoo Wrote:  
(06-05-2012 05:30 AM)kim Wrote:  Inside what? Did you shoot the guy in the bathroom, or something?

Happy? Dodgy

I meant inside myself.

Actually it was a girl I liked lol. She was running away from something, I pulled out my gun from my holster and I popped one into her shoulder. She was wearing a bullet proof vest and she fell to the ground. I walked over and looked down at her, then shot 2 more into her chest. For some reason the vest had disappeared by then so she died. I lifted her up and started crying then because I regretted it. It was in my back garden.
Did you metaphorically stab her in the back or screw her over? Or maybe you gave up on her but later realized you still had feelings? Or the brain made/stirred these feelings up because you once did.

When I was pregnant I had the worst exBF dreams, always felt weirded out by them. Maybe you're pregnant Tongue ha ha.
06-05-2012, 11:34 AM
(06-05-2012 10:50 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(06-05-2012 10:14 AM)Magoo Wrote:  I meant inside myself.

Did you metaphorically stab her in the back or screw her over? Or maybe you gave up on her but later realized you still had feelings? Or the brain made/stirred these feelings up because you once did.

When I was pregnant I had the worst exBF dreams, always felt weirded out by them. Maybe you're pregnant Tongue ha ha.

Pregnant? Haha Big Grin Maybe I just wanted her out of my life and to forget about her, so my mind came up with killing her Tongue Doesn't explain why I immediately regretted it though.
07-05-2012, 02:57 AM
Last dream I can remember is that I was quite pissed off with my daughter because she had made me macaroni with instant de-caff instead of water.

She didn’t care, not in the dream nor when I told her off in the morning ether!

Just muttered something about my medication and the dosage?

What dreams mean: You where asleep.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post
07-05-2012, 05:10 AM
(07-05-2012 02:57 AM)Karl Wrote:  Last dream I can remember is that I was quite pissed off with my daughter because she had made me macaroni with instant de-caff instead of water.

She didn’t care, not in the dream nor when I told her off in the morning ether!

Just muttered something about my medication and the dosage?

What dreams mean: You where asleep.
Damn! I'd have been pissed off too. De-caff? Macaroni should only be served with proper coffee flavour

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post