I actually remembered my dreams this morning!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2012, 11:24 AM
RE: I actually remembered my dreams this morning!
I remember being in hospital which was big and was like a mall with clothes(?). Me and my parents was trying to find the children's ward and it was hard because the hospital was full. The reason why is because my friend's sister hurt her leg.
I don't even know why...

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2012, 11:56 AM
I remember all of my dreams. I can even dream what I want to dream about most of the time. Or end a dream and fall right back asleep and dream it again. I normally have several dreams a night but only a few times have I known I was dreaming. Those dreams are my favorite.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
07-05-2012, 02:27 PM
(07-05-2012 11:56 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I remember all of my dreams. I can even dream what I want to dream about most of the time. Or end a dream and fall right back asleep and dream it again. I normally have several dreams a night but only a few times have I known I was dreaming. Those dreams are my favorite.

I'm actually a lot like you. It rarely happens, but if I somehow realise that I am dreaming, then I can wake myself up. I once had a dream that I was about to be drowned by a tsunami, but I realised I was dreaming and I made myself wake up. I also love dreams where I am running for my life from something, but they rarely happen too.
07-05-2012, 02:37 PM
(07-05-2012 02:27 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
(07-05-2012 11:56 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I remember all of my dreams. I can even dream what I want to dream about most of the time. Or end a dream and fall right back asleep and dream it again. I normally have several dreams a night but only a few times have I known I was dreaming. Those dreams are my favorite.

I'm actually a lot like you. It rarely happens, but if I somehow realise that I am dreaming, then I can wake myself up. I once had a dream that I was about to be drowned by a tsunami, but I realised I was dreaming and I made myself wake up. I also love dreams where I am running for my life from something, but they rarely happen too.
I had a very bad car wreck back in 2003. I used to have dreams about carwrecks so often I got to where I knew I was dreaming in every one of them. Probably 4 or 5 dreams a week. I would always be scared at the beginning of the dream but once I realized I was dreaming it didn't bother me anymore. I remember one very vividly that just screamed 'this isn't real!'. I was in an 18 wheeler and smashed a barricade before flying though the windshield. I continued down the road for miles and miles like I was in an invisible go cart. I was dodging oncoming traffic at like 100 mph floating 6 inches above the ground. Once I flew out of the truck and didn't get hurt I knew it was a dream. After that I just had fun with it.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
07-05-2012, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 03:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-05-2012 11:56 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I normally have several dreams a night but only a few times have I known I was dreaming. Those dreams are my favorite.

With some practice you might be able to lucid dream on demand. I can't, but on the rare occasion it just happens it's pretty fucking cool.

(07-05-2012 05:10 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(07-05-2012 02:57 AM)Karl Wrote:  Last dream I can remember is that I was quite pissed off with my daughter because she had made me macaroni with instant de-caff instead of water.

She didn’t care, not in the dream nor when I told her off in the morning ether!

Just muttered something about my medication and the dosage?

What dreams mean: You where asleep.
Damn! I'd have been pissed off too. De-caff? Macaroni should only be served with proper coffee flavour

That actually sounds gastronomically interesting. ... But maybe I'm just hungry 'cause I skipped lunch.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
07-05-2012, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 03:48 PM by kim.)
(06-05-2012 10:14 AM)Magoo Wrote:  
(06-05-2012 05:30 AM)kim Wrote:  Inside what? Did you shoot the guy in the bathroom, or something?

I think it's more significant that it took you 3 shots to bring him down. You would suck as a murderer therefore, you can not be one.

Happy? Dodgy

I meant inside myself.

Actually it was a girl I liked lol. She was running away from something, I pulled out my gun from my holster and I popped one into her shoulder. She was wearing a bullet proof vest and she fell to the ground. I walked over and looked down at her, then shot 2 more into her chest. For some reason the vest had disappeared by then so she died. I lifted her up and started crying then because I regretted it. It was in my back garden.
Oops - sorry. Pulled an all-nighter and was trying out my asshole-humor which makes everything seem funny at the time. Trying to keep the reins on that little A-hole isn't easy, but I'll be more mindful. Wink

I think our brains just process information with the imagery, emotion, random concepts, utilized as arbitrary inserts, so it will have a more complete outcome. My theory is that left over crap can turn into stress unless processed out.

Trick...

Ever get a part of a song stuck in your mind and sing or hum that one phrase repeatedly all day? A way to make that song leave your mind for the day is to complete it. Listen to the recording of the song from the very beginning to the very end; no more song... your mind will no longer focus on it, and move to something else. (try it.)

I think our brains do the same thing while we sleep using gathered information. Imagery, emotions, thoughts, random snippets of ideas, desires, fears... all needing to be completed, will be put together in some way we can understand, just so we can process it all out. Parts might make sense (so we think there must be something to it) but some parts are completely preposterous.

That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it. Thumbsup

...Unless someone plays the George Clooney trump card, then all bets are off. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
07-05-2012, 03:51 PM
(07-05-2012 03:43 PM)kim Wrote:  Trick...

Ever get a part of a song stuck in your mind and sing or hum that one phrase repeatedly all day? A way to make that song leave your mind for the day is to complete it. Listen to the recording of the song from the very beginning to the very end; no more song... your mind will no longer focus on it, and move to something else. (try it.)

I don't have that problem during the day, but that is my problem with getting to sleep. I'll try that, thanks!

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
07-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Anyone have micro dreams that are an hour before your alarm clock starts ringing.

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
07-05-2012, 06:35 PM
(05-05-2012 07:16 PM)ValerieAnn1975 Wrote:  Dream 1) Had a dream this morning that I was at some gathering, and Christopher Hitchens was there, at my table...at first we didn't interact because others were talking, but eventually we exchanged what seemed to be small talk...next thing you know, we're walking out together, and Christopher was going to give me a ride home--there was a concrete slide with a few curvy spots that led down the embankment--I considered taking the stairs to his car, but instead I took the slide, whooping all the way--Mr Hitchens seemed to enjoy my delight, and we chatted while he drove. He still had hair and a full figure, and wore a maroon-ish shirt. He was quite sweet, easy to get on with; I remember feeling very at ease, very comfortable with him.

Dream 2) I was at an amusement park and it must have just opened for the day. There was this ride that looked like something I'd never ride, especially alone. But there was no one to ride with, so I went alone...I was.scared, but determined to do it....even though there was a vertical drop...I kept waiting for that most scary part, but don't remember it actually arriving...and then I kept getting in line over and over again as it got more crowded, almost as if I couldn't get enough....

Dream 3) It was some time after some social gathering at someone's house. I later called back asking for one of the guests, who I'd been acquainted with. The woman who lived there said that the person I was looking for wasn't there and wouldn't be anymore because she never wants to associate with her ever again. I told the homeowner how glad I was because I really wanted to get to know her, and her kids, because they seemed like cool people.

Thoughts?

Dream 1: You want to fuck Hitch.
Dream 2: Could be a metaphor for dying or perhaps your life is going in circles.
Dream 3: You are accepting your life as an atheist and desiring to associate with others like you, despite social pressures to the contrary.

Hope that helps. This might be a good resource as well.

http://www.dreammoods.com/

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade