I ain't dead yet.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2013, 03:09 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 03:25 AM by Dark Light.)
I ain't dead yet.
So, I pretty much disappeared for the last month. Some will be disappointed I ain't dead, others will be okay with me still being alive, but most of you haven't noticed. I'm okay with that. Here's what you'ns missed in the life of Dark Light over the last month.

Started a new class, which is supposed to be on World Religions. I have no clue how the professor earned a PHD, she is a complete tin foil wearing, paranoid, basket case, bible thumping, conspiracy obsessed, wierdo. Our classes are 4 hours in length. No less the 2 hours of that time is spent explaining conspiricies which is presented as fact. She also seems obsessed with Atheists who she has gives some pretty specific figures on such as "98% of Atheists support Eugenics!". She thinks the Illuminati and the Occult control everything...EVERYTHING!....I considered filing a complaint about her...but I didn't. I'm to lazy, the grade is too easy, and it's an accelerated course, which means I only have to endure 5 weeks of classes, in addition one of those weeks we are off for spring break so fuck it. Also there is only one other person in the class who isn't a Christian...a bible thumping Christian. OH! Did I mention I took this class at the local branch of the community college because it was more convenient..BIG MISTAKE. It is like a closet of the main two campuses, and I pretty sure they forget that this shithole even exists.

I've been sewing. Lots of sewing. On active duty when I needed a patch sewn on, I'd drive 2 minutes of base and throw them my shit and for 3 bucks per patch they knew exactly what to do. Now I'm a reservist in the middle of nowhere and I got promoted not to long ago. That means I have a shit ton of uniforms that need new patches. Half of my uniforms need two new patches. The only tailor shop within a reasonable driving distance wanted 7 bucks per patch, which despite explaining to them precisley how it needs to be done and pinning it on the uniform for them still manages to fuck it up. What's a fellow to do? Despite my first collosal failure at sewing as a broke seaman I gave it another go, and this time had no problems...okay, well very few problems. It still takes me forever, but it is correct when I'm done and costs me about 5-10 cents per patch.

Helping my Dad remodel his house still...I'm thinking at this point we will never finish.

Trying to catch up on homework....and failing miserably. I fucking suck at math.

Having very detailed and interesting dreams lately. I could write a book about all of my dreams over the course of my lifetime, and you'd fucking love it too. Probably linked to my sleeping disorder. Most recently I dreamt that the modern world ended (hard to explain and not worth it), then I spoke with God who told me to lead a rebellion against the robot communist masters over the new era which enslaved us all. Pretty sure that "religion" class is fucking with my subconscious.

Also, read this a few moments ago and me made me grin like a opossum so I'm sharing it with you. Big Grin

[Image: philosophy.png]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Dark Light's post
22-03-2013, 06:14 AM
RE: I ain't dead yet.
(22-03-2013 03:09 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I ain't dead

Bummer. Tongue

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
22-03-2013, 06:19 AM
I had notice you being AWOL.

I didn't care.

But I had noticed.

Welcome back bro'.

man- Hug

22-03-2013, 06:39 AM
Who are you?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2013, 06:02 PM
I love you guys Big Grin

22-03-2013, 06:47 PM
I noticed, and wondered! Shitty deal about the proff. Also about the patches. And the math homework.

The robots will happen. I'll prob join them, I'm all for singularity and excited, too. Besides, one day my body will give out and my brain will need a new host. Robots give me hope. Heart
22-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Sewing uniform patches?

That's a fate worse than death, I'm so sorry. Sad

Welcome back.

[Image: giphy.gif]
22-03-2013, 09:48 PM
I'm sorry, I totally didn't know you were gone but if you'll leave again I promise to notice. :-)

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
23-03-2013, 05:48 AM
Yeah, I figured you were just doing stuff. Also figure that unlike me, people 'round here have a real life. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
23-03-2013, 08:51 AM
(23-03-2013 05:48 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Also figure that unlike me, people 'round here have a real life.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post