• 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2015, 01:56 PM
RE: I am 30 today....ick
[Image: zwjmf9_zpsubhfq8zh.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2015, 02:34 PM
I'm 31 and can confirm it's all down hill from 30!

Never in my life needed any type of Hospital treatment until I hit 30.
First I tore something in my elbow at the gym and couldn't extend my right arm (or fap properly Sadcryface2 ) for months.
Then last year I was diagnosed with Gall Stones (see what happens to John Hurts character in 'Alien' to understand what this feels like Weeping ) and had to go under the knife in March to have my gall bladder removed!

So where was I?
Oh...er...yeah...

Happy Birthday! Big Grin

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
07-05-2015, 03:23 PM
30? Hahaha. Don't you know that 30 is the new 10? It must be 'cause people keep telling me that 50 is the new 30.

So, happy 10th birthday.Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-05-2015, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2015 04:46 PM by Leo.)
Happy birthday ! You still are relative speaking a young man. Compared to 20 year old kids you are old but compared to 40 year old or 50 year old men , you are still young. Thumbsup

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
07-05-2015, 04:00 PM
Well, I am liking my 30's so far. Just turned 31 earlier this week. Big Grin

But then, I always felt like my 30's would be good. By then you've had time to figure out who you are and what you want to be, and you've got a little bit of wisdom in you to where you don't make the same naive decisions you did in your twenties and yet you've still got ample energy to do the things you want.

Everyone is different, though. I know my mom says that my dad took his 30th birthday hard. Undecided

07-05-2015, 04:07 PM
I'm closer to my 40s than my 20s. Don't really feel any different. I suppose my hair might be starting to grey, but I've kept my head shaved for the last few years and it doesn't really grow too much anymore anyway so I'm not sure.

'Murican Canadian
07-05-2015, 04:37 PM
I'm 32. My 30s so far have been WAY better than my 20s!
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
07-05-2015, 04:54 PM
(07-05-2015 01:13 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Sigh, Until the end of the week, I will still consider myself in my 20's. I really REALLY don't want to be on the exiting platform for my 20's. But time goes on I guess. Maybe my 30's will be better?

It doesn't get really good til the 40s....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-05-2015, 05:21 PM
Wow! f stop, who is 70, and I, at 68, are the only ones around this place with life experience. Gather 'round children and we will tell you all that you need to know to live a happy and prosperous life. Laugh out load First rule -- never get angry and don't let another person ever upset you. Smile Second rule --
[+] 3 users Like Black Eagle's post
07-05-2015, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2015 05:47 PM by Dom.)
(07-05-2015 05:21 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  Wow! f stop, who is 70, and I, at 68, are the only ones around this place with life experience. Gather 'round children and we will tell you all that you need to know to live a happy and prosperous life. Laugh out load First rule -- never get angry and don't let another person ever upset you. Smile Second rule --

There are a lot more people with life experience here than that.

Mostly I said that life doesn't get good until after 40 because that is when one stops being ruled by hormones and caring for children and all that. It's like a second life starts in the 40s. Some will go through midlife crises because we are so resistant to change - but I think we come out on the other side having tossed aside a huge burden, it's quite liberating.

The 40s are the start of what I consider a much better life. I feel sorry for people of days gone by who used to die in their 40s. They lived just long enough to raise a batch of offspring, evolution didn't see the prolonging of life after that important. Today, we get to have a whole other life, and it's a damn sight better than the first 40. Just my take on it. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post