I am Believer - Challenge My Beliefs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2015, 10:24 PM
RE: I am Believer - Challenge My Beliefs
(10-01-2015 10:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 10:18 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  God can do whatever he wants.

So your god is irrational and capricious ? Nice god ya got there, Diddles.
I thought a god was righteous and benevolent ? Is so, SHE can't.
Against what standard does you god decide what to do ?

Why does an omnipotent being require a standard?

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2015, 10:29 PM
(10-01-2015 10:23 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  Evolution is a result and not a cause.

No one said it was a cause. Provide examples of "Involution".

(10-01-2015 10:23 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  Each are temperature. By founding your belief on evolution, you may miss the other side of this process. Involution is what the Bible calls baptism, or entering the water so that you can rise to new life. Involution and evolution are ancient concepts that mirror what science notes by nonlocal consciousness. The Dirac Relativistic Quantum Wave Equation easily demonstrates that we are entangled between invariant symmetry and translational symmetry at the quantum level. Nothing changes, but is instead translated from the whole. This is what Volution is, which is primarily quantum current flow.

That's what I though. Yet another in the LONG line of insane people who think THEY have cooked up some new bullshit.

You are dismissed.

Ya ya ya. Everyone says they have the proof. As I said, take a number.
Yawn

Tell me what Physics text or dictionary has the word "volution", and what page it's on.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-01-2015, 10:29 PM
I got go to church tomorrow to make my family happy. So my wife doesn't leave me. I hate church it has poisoned my mind in the past. One day I will be free from bandage.
I'll probably set beside you tomorrow, and smile, and pretend I not to be on the most evil place on earth.
There are several of us in church. That is where the best athirst come from. No atheist converted me. Religious fanatics did.
[+] 6 users Like FSM's post
10-01-2015, 10:32 PM
Hi Aleph. Welcome to TTA. I've got to hand it to you, you've made a great start. There's nothing like being evangelized at to make us roll our eyes and go
[Image: Oh_no__not_again_by_PlanetRuth.jpg]

Just a note. Scripture carries no more weight here than any other work of fiction. You'd be better off quoting from The Lord of the Rings. Tolkien was a far superior author.

(10-01-2015 10:12 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  Yahweh is the ruling mind of Adam, proclaiming himself God above all others. Satan is the accuser (conscience).

That has some unsettling connotations.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
10-01-2015, 10:32 PM
(10-01-2015 10:24 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 10:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So your god is irrational and capricious ? Nice god ya got there, Diddles.
I thought a god was righteous and benevolent ? Is so, SHE can't.
Against what standard does you god decide what to do ?

Why does an omnipotent being require a standard?

Why not ? Do try to follow along Diddles dear. I know the peanut galley is a safe place from which to lob your intellectual spitballs, but please stop embarrassing yourself.
Why ? Because otherwise your god is "undefined" ... a nothing. Now pop yourself some more popcorn, and let the big people talk.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-01-2015, 10:34 PM
You are free to believe whatever you want to believe.
You are free to lie to yourself, to live in a fantasy world where Henry the VIII and Napoleon both live in your attic as gay lovers. I could care less about what you choose to believe.

I care if my beliefs are true or not.
This is the difference between you and I.
If you only believe something because it makes you feel good, that's fine, but don't pass it off as truth. It is nothing of the kind.

I challenge you to justify your beliefs.
If you can't rationally justify why you believe something, then why believe it ?

If fantasy is more important to you than reality, who am I to say that you're wrong.

Oh wait, I am a sane person. That's who I am.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
10-01-2015, 10:35 PM
(10-01-2015 10:17 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Well, might as well get a few of the usual things out of the way;

1. Explain why your god had to sacrifice his kid when there was absolutely nothing stopping him from just forgiving people. He's all powerful. No one is known to be above him.

2. Explain why your god never heals amputees, a.k.a. a visible physical problem that has absolutely no way of fixing itself (unlike the diseases people claim your god heals).

3. Explain why natural disasters, and other catastrophes, wrack this planet all the time, killing thousands, if it's all overseen, controlled, and created by a loving god.

4. Explain why your god made a universe billions of trillions of light years in length if all he needed was this one little tiny speck (not even a speck, smaller) for his humans.

5. Explain why, if we are designed by your god who loves us, we have so many inherent problems in our designs, such as the fact that we eat and breath through the same tube.

6. Explain why your Bible claims the Earth is flat despite it clearly not being so. While you're at it, explain why it claims the Earth is stationary, and why it claims the moon gives off light.

7. Explain why your god, again supposedly all loving, gave detailed instructions on how to own slaves in his holy book.

Yes, but meet me half way. If I show you an understandable way to see Yahweh, at least admit you were blinded from the truth before you read it here.

Genesis 1 is Elohim (Father) and Ruach (Mother / Spirit). They said, "Let US make man in OUR image). This image is BOTH male and female. In Genesis 2, they rested and turned creation over to man.

Yahweh is the ruling mind of man. He uses the fruit of knowledge to extract the feminine nature (weak nature). He does this by shedding blood, taking a rib to FORM (not create) Eve. Adam was also formed in this manner. The garden was planted and nothing was created by Yahweh. He is the mind of Adam above, while Adam is the one formed below. By this, he generates his own creation. He then makes Satan (Accuser / Conscience). As we follow his story, we get to the flood. After the flood, Elohim (Father) speaks to him.

Genesis 9

“Whoever sheds human blood,
by humans shall their blood be shed;
for in the image of God
has God made mankind.

Who shed Yahweh's blood on the cross? His own nation. Why? Right after this passage in Genesis 9, Elohim makes a promise to humanity of the Rainbow (All nations). Yahweh selected one nation to bless, then uses it to self-righteously proclaim himself as God with none beside. He then sheds more blood continually, makes very bad law and is finally humbled on the Cross, paying the debt generated by the division of the image Elohim put in place. Again, does the passage above give you a reason why the Son of God hung on the cross? He paid his own arrogance.

The Lamb that was slain from the foundation was Adam. You are Adam. If you accuse Yahweh, you accuse yourself.

Job 19

25 I know that my redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God
;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!

28 “If you say, ‘How we will hound him,
since the root of the trouble lies in him,’

29 you should fear the sword yourselves;
for wrath will bring punishment by the sword,
and then you will know that there is judgment.

Note the bolded parts. By hounding the Son for the error, you are judging yourself. Jesus said to love enemies. Why? He was the first enemy. He was also the one that saved our butts from judgment. Judge and you are judged. Why? YOU are Adam's offspring and the body of the Son of God below. Again, Eve is being refined.
10-01-2015, 10:39 PM
(10-01-2015 10:12 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  Yahweh is the ruling mind of Adam, proclaiming himself God above all others.

So Adam had other minds ? And your god acknowledged other gods ?

(10-01-2015 10:12 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  Satan is the accuser (conscience). Seen in this light, what you suggest is the primary goal of all scripture. When Yahweh Silenced Satan, he clothed Joshua with a new mind and robe.

Joshua was a myth, from the myths of the old Northern Kingdom. I see you are no scholar. Actually the name satan, שטן (satan) is identical to the noun שטן (satan) meaning adversary. As I said, I see you have no education in Biblical Studies.

10-01-2015, 10:39 PM
(10-01-2015 10:29 PM)FSM Wrote:  I got go to church tomorrow to make my family happy. So my wife doesn't leave me. I hate church it has poisoned my mind in the past. One day I will be free from bandage.
I'll probably set beside you tomorrow, and smile, and pretend I not to be on the most evil place on earth.
There are several of us in church. That is where the best athirst come from. No atheist converted me. Religious fanatics did.

Hi FSM. Welcome to TTA.

Just FYI, you might want to start your own thread. Aleph looks to be preaching pretty heavily on this one and it's likely to get busy fast.

Sorry to hear that your church is a burden. I never had that problem myself.

Two new faces in one thread. Looks like we're popular.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
10-01-2015, 10:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2015 10:52 PM by AlephBet.)
(10-01-2015 10:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 10:12 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  I know the self-righteousness you are talking about. Pride is the primary lesson of the Bible in fact. Yahweh is the ruling mind of Adam, proclaiming himself God above all others. Satan is the accuser (conscience). Seen in this light, what you suggest is the primary goal of all scripture. When Yahweh Silenced Satan, he clothed Joshua with a new mind and robe.

Zachariah 3

3 Then he showed me Joshua, the chief priest, standing in front of the Messenger of Yahweh. Satan the Accuser was standing at Joshua’s right side to accuse him. 2 Yahweh said to Satan, “I, Yahweh, silence you, Satan! I, Yahweh, who has chosen Jerusalem, silence you! Isn’t this man like a burning log snatched from a fire?”

3 Joshua was wearing filthy clothes and was standing in front of the Messenger. 4 The Messenger said to those who were standing in front of him, “Remove Joshua’s filthy clothes.” Then he said to Joshua, “See, I have taken your sin away from you, and I will dress you in fine clothing.”

Note that Yeshua / Joshua / High Priest pictured here did the same in Matthew 4. He silenced the accuser by removing his own self desires. If you know this truth of the mind of the Son, then you know that you are also the Son of God (Adam).

Luke 3, at the end of the Genealogy, shows you who the Son of God is. Adam is the one. By this, we know that Yahweh (higher ruling mind) made Satan (accuser) by necessity. The Son needed to be raised by the Father (Elohim). In Genesis 1, the Father Created Adam to be both male and female. It's the female nature that is being refined as humanity below.

As you accurately state, this is the pride of ignorance (Arummim / nakedness). Satan was fully clothed with knowledge (Arum / Cunning). Note the wordplay with the two roots for naked and cunning.

If you were to give God the benefit of the doubt, what would his purpose be in allowing yeast when baking bread in the oven of trials?

Actually Yahweh was the 70th son of the Babylonian chief deity, El Elyon, the god of the armies, (the lord of "hosts"). I see already you're yet another in the LONG LONG line of You-Tube internet nut cases. We get about one a week. As I said, Take a number, (and BTW EVERYTHING you say here must be backed up and referenced by externally cited scholarship).

You are using outside information to deny something you do not believe. On the other hand, I am using scripture only. Read Genesis using the Names of God Bible. In Genesis 1, Elohim and Ruach Elohim are the only two characters in chapter 1. They state, "Let us make man in our image." 70 or 2, it doesn't matter. I have the proof you need to confirm they are real. As I make my way down the page, I simply wait for someone to ask me.

Look at my Avatar.