I am Believer - Challenge My Beliefs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2015, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 05:07 PM by AlephBet.)
RE: I am Believer - Challenge My Beliefs
My beliefs are founded on the premise:

1) That the divine / intelligent Spirit exists within us all, freely offering to help us rise in both existence and intelligence / knowledge / wisdom.

2) There is evidence this creative aspect of the universe organized/created matter using information, calling it word (mirrored by DNA), then left evidence for its presence.

3) The highest good is seeing yourself in the whole, realizing the Spirit exists in all. By this the desire to harm others is removed.

4) The realization of Spirit changes a person to desire good in self and others. By this, the desire is to suffer for others by giving and receiving only, which is THE demonstrated will of the Father in the Bible and other scriptures.

5) The denial of Spirit causes division, war, bloodshed and all manner of negativity toward others.

6) All people have a sin nature, failing to see the larger significance of the universe self in all beings. This is the animal nature (beast) in man to overcome for all humans, not just Atheists.

Belief 1 - 4 is evident and demonstrated to me by those I associate with. Belief 5 was confirmed here in this place.

Question to pose here: Why are Atheists always so hateful to others, not just believers? It does not affect me, but I am curious how you miss the significance of these verses below:

Galatians 5

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever[c] you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

I am curious if you see this emerging on this forum? When I am in Christian forums, everyone is polite, even to Atheists. Of course there are exceptions to this. I have also see exceptions here, but he curve is statistically set toward a trend.

Read the last page and most other pages. Rage from the heart.

I speak from experience that love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control bring only goodness to my life. It amazes me that others do not desire this type of life by faith in the Spirit of God. Another past conclusion confirmed here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2015, 05:02 PM
(12-01-2015 04:53 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  My beliefs are founded on the premise:

1) That the Spirit exists within us all.
Baseless assertion.
(12-01-2015 04:53 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  2) There is evidence this creative aspect of the universe organized/created matter using information, calling it word (mirrored by DNA), then left evidence for its presence.
Confirmation bias.
(12-01-2015 04:53 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  3) The highest good is seeing yourself in the whole, realizing the Spirit exists in all. By this the desire to harm others is removed.
Personal opinion.
(12-01-2015 04:53 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  4) The realization of Spirit changes a person to desire good in self and others. By this, the desire is to suffer for others by giving and receiving only, which is the demonstrated will of the Father in the Bible and other scriptures.
Baseless assertion.
(12-01-2015 04:53 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  5) The denial of Spirit causes division, war, bloodshed and all manner of negativity toward others.
The Spirit is not needed to explain division, war, bloodshed or negativity. It is adequately explained in entirely naturalistic terms. Imposing spiritual interpretations is an unnecessary multiplication of entities.
(12-01-2015 04:53 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  6) All people have sin nature, failing to see the larger significance of the same self within others. This is the universal animal nature in man to overcome for all humans, not just Atheists.
Baseless assertion.
(12-01-2015 04:53 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  Question to pose here: Why are Atheists always so hateful to others, not just believers?
Baseless assertion containing the "alarm words" Always and/or Never and therefore consisting of character assassination and otherizing disacknowledgment.
(12-01-2015 04:53 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  It does not affect me, but I am curious how you miss the significance of these verses below:
Perhaps I don't subscribe to the baseless assertions of your dogma and holy books.
(12-01-2015 04:53 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  I am curious if you see this emerging on this forum? When I am in Christian forums, everyone is polite, even to Atheists. Of course there are exceptions to this. I have also see exceptions here, but he curve is statistically set toward a trend.
I have been on Christian forums too, and they mostly argue about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. And they generally make atheists unwelcome, unless maybe they are afforded the unearned deference and respect for their ideas to which they are accustomed. But usually not even then, because it annoys them when you don't automatically gulp down their hornswoggle. Usually they start by asking why you aren't loving and polite, because they confuse disagreement with disrespect. Oh, wait ....
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post
12-01-2015, 05:06 PM

1) That the Spirit exists within us all.

2) There is evidence this creative aspect of the universe organized/created matter using information, calling it word (mirrored by DNA), then left evidence for its presence.

3) The highest good is seeing yourself in the whole, realizing the Spirit exists in all. By this the desire to harm others is removed.

4) The realization of Spirit changes a person to desire good in self and others. By this, the desire is to suffer for others by giving and receiving only, which is the demonstrated will of the Father in the Bible and other scriptures.

5) The denial of Spirit causes division, war, bloodshed and all manner of negativity toward others.

6) All people have sin nature, failing to see the larger significance of the same self within others. This is the universal animal nature in man to overcome for all humans, not just Atheists.

Belief 1 - 4 is evident and demonstrated to me by those I associate with. Belief 5 was confirmed here in this place.

Question to pose here: Why are Atheists always so hateful to others, not just believers? It does not affect me, but I am curious how you miss the significance of these verses below:

Galatians 5

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever[c] you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

I am curious if you see this emerging on this forum? When I am in Christian forums, everyone is polite, even to Atheists. Of course there are exceptions to this. I have also see exceptions here, but he curve is statistically set toward a trend.

I speak from experience that love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control bring only goodness to my life. It amazes me that others do not desire this type of life by faith in the Spirit of God. Another past conclusion confirmed here.

All totally false presuppositional nonsense by someone who thinks he can JUDGE people he has never met. You're just a sad little mental midget, barely worth replying to. Atheists do as much good as non-believers. If you NEED a god as a crutch to make you be good, by all means cook one up. And back a few post YOU were talking about ad homs. And here you think you get to do it. There's no rage here. We are well aware that self-righteous people such as yourself think you are better than everyone. You people are a dime a dozen.

Now,..... where did you go to school ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-01-2015, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 05:36 PM by Bucky Ball.)
duplicate

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-01-2015, 05:09 PM
You ever get the feeling that a ban hammer long ago was used to drive nails into idiots that trolled too much.

I'm thinking of wearing a tiny hammer necklace to symbolize my solidarity with those who drove the nails.

Smile

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
12-01-2015, 05:12 PM

1) That the divine / intelligent Spirit exists within us all, freely offering to help us rise in both existence and intelligence / knowledge / wisdom.

4) The realization of Spirit changes a person to desire good in self and others. By this, the desire is to suffer for others by giving and receiving only, which is THE demonstrated will of the Father in the Bible and other scriptures.

6) All people have a sin nature, failing to see the larger significance of the universe self in all beings. This is the animal nature (beast) in man to overcome for all humans, not just Atheists.

Galatians 5

Atheists choose to be kind, law abiding people because it is the humanist thing to do..we don't need fear of a fabricated super diety who watches every detail of 7 billion peoples lives to make us "do right". Not only do atheists seem to have the moral high ground, but statistically we have the better perspective on appropriate inter-human, interpersonal skills designed to encourage free thought, and a peaceful society.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
12-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Quote:Question to pose here: Why are Atheists always so hateful to others, not just believers?

There are different atheists with different reasons to oppose theology. Many are of the garden variety, others are militant, and some are completely different than what you expect.

Atheists in general are not always hateful towards others. We love our children like anyone else. We feel compassion and love like everyone else. We have desires, dreams, and ambitions like everyone else.

I am an atheist, yes, but that by no means is what defines me. I maintain myself as an atheist because I have greatly studied theology and numerous believe systems. I do not hate theology as some here do.

And there is no hate in me for you as a person; as a self.

You are here trying to defend your beliefs from atheists. You issued a challenge to them, and they came out in force. You have bought the ire of your adversaries for a meager sum.

You have gotten what you have paid for, and it now brings harm to your self. This is the result of belief, as opposed to knowledge.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
12-01-2015, 05:37 PM
(12-01-2015 05:19 PM)Free Wrote:  
Quote:Question to pose here: Why are Atheists always so hateful to others, not just believers?

There are different atheists with different reasons to oppose theology. Many are of the garden variety, others are militant, and some are completely different than what you expect.

Atheists in general are not always hateful towards others. We love our children like anyone else. We feel compassion and love like everyone else. We have desires, dreams, and ambitions like everyone else.

I am an atheist, yes, but that by no means is what defines me. I maintain myself as an atheist because I have greatly studied theology and numerous believe systems. I do not hate theology as some here do.

And there is no hate in me for you as a person; as a self.

You are here trying to defend your beliefs from atheists. You issued a challenge to them, and they came out in force. You have bought the ire of your adversaries for a meager sum.

You have gotten what you have paid for, and it now brings harm to your self. This is the result of belief, as opposed to knowledge.

Geez you talk shit.
12-01-2015, 05:40 PM
(12-01-2015 05:37 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Geez you talk shit.

And you have no understanding whatsoever what is happening here. Now go back to your rubber room and eat your minced vegetables from your spoon.

Any attempt to hijack this thread like you have others will be closely watched.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
12-01-2015, 05:51 PM

Because your divine exists inside of us, that means they exist in the universe. Which also means that there is a 100% possibility of detecting such a being and being able to study them. Otherwise, they would have to exist outside of existence which means they do not exist.

Quote:2) There is evidence this creative aspect of the universe organized/created matter using information, calling it word (mirrored by DNA), then left evidence for its presence.

Do not mistake evolution and common patterns for intelligent design. Just because something has a pattern does not mean it was made. Do not forget that the human brain as a function of evolution over millions of years has evolved to recognize patterns that make things that are not really there to aid us in our survival, like a face for example of a predatory animal hiding somewhere. That is why we see three circles as a face or a face on the moon. Everything in the universe is made by the nature of its own existence and completely random chances. There is no creativity involved.

Quote:3) The highest good is seeing yourself in the whole, realizing the Spirit exists in all. By this the desire to harm others is removed.

OH HOHO! I object to that statement! Thousands of years of people with very similar ideologies have proven you wrong on so many levels with that! History man, read yo history!

Quote:4) The realization of Spirit changes a person to desire good in self and others. By this, the desire is to suffer for others by giving and receiving only, which is THE demonstrated will of the Father in the Bible and other scriptures.

This sounds an aweful lot like a you cannot be good without god argument. Correct me if I am wrong. Seeking community and good things with each other is what comes natural to human beings as a social species. It is in or evolution that we have the desire to get along with each other more so than any other singular drive. However, it is due to thousands of years of superstition, fear, ignorance, and a overwhelming greed for resources that has overwhelmed the greater aspects of our nature. The invention of Narcotics, stimulants and other drugs and then making them illegal, thus creating...well...you get the point. It has all perverted it to where we ended up where we are and religions foo's believe we cannot be good without our celestial babysitter!

Quote:5) The denial of Spirit causes division, war, bloodshed and all manner of negativity toward others.
Cannot be good without god argument. CHECK!

Quote:

Well, at least your kinda right, but it needs rewording to remove the word sin.
What you mean to say is that all people have the capacity to make mistakes and you cannot fix this, we can however do our best to improve on ourselves and make as little mistakes in life as possible. These mistakes being the way we treat others, stealing if you develop that as a child like many do, lying, or being your average every day jerk.

Quote:Question to pose here: Why are Atheists always so hateful to others, not just believers? It does not affect me, but I am curious how you miss the significance of these verses below:
Lemme answer that with some questions of my own before giving you an answer to half that question.

Why are theists so hateful to others? No, I did not forget to add the A at the beginning of Theist. LGBT, Atheists, ...actually, I really do not have the time of day to list everything theists hate and have done damage too, lets just go with LGBT as it is one of the big ones.

Atheist as an individual is no more guilty of hate then anyone else. The separating ideas are that since atheism is not a religion like Christianity for example, and the ideologies of atheism are created when we discuss topics with each other have read each others books on life, morality, religion, science etc. It all comes together into this ever changing thing, like how humanity should be in the first place. The problem is that religion is the opposite, you have one set of "rules" and one set of myths stated as fact. If you deviate from it in any way, then you are a bad person. Furthermore, it is not something that can be changed unless a set group of people change it and once they change it, think of 1984 and you will get it. They never changed it, it has always been like that, if it changed it didn't change and you just accept that. Those who might accept the fact that it did change will simply say that it was not translated correctly the first time or second or twenty third. This is where the sheep and shepherd thing comes in for Christians, whereas have no Sheppard and are more like a herd of cats. I for one am proud to be a cat. Far fewer people eat us, we are lovely animals and have a sense of freedom and intelligence that no sheep can compare to.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ