I am Believer - Challenge My Beliefs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2015, 09:01 PM
RE: I am Believer - Challenge My Beliefs
Well, I guess if it's good enough for Tool.......

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2015, 09:23 PM
(13-01-2015 08:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-01-2015 08:42 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  Symbolism for blindness, although this was not recorded in scripture.

Psalm 30

"The eye that mocks a father, that scorns an aged mother, will be pecked out by the ravens of the valley, will be eaten by the vultures.

You have no clue what was or was not written in scripture. When Timothy said this, there was no canon, thus any "holy" writing would qualify :

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

Take a class some day, Alpha-don't-bet-on-him.

I have been pointing you to the scriptures. All scriptures. Yes. I agree. The Upanishads also outline initiation into the mysteries of truth. The one below is the division between the person that seeks the will to give to all and the one that seeks the ego. Yahweh is the ego. Christ overcome. It's the point.

13-01-2015, 09:27 PM
(13-01-2015 09:23 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  I have been pointing you to the scriptures. All scriptures. Yes. I agree. The Upanishads also outline initiation into the mysteries of truth. The one below is the division between the person that seeks the will to give to all and the one that seeks the ego. Yahweh is the ego. Christ overcome. It's the point.

You haven't pointed anyone, anywhere, (except maybe to see how far your head is up your ass)

"Yahweh is the ego. Christ overcome. It's the point. "

It is, and the point is you're an idiot.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-01-2015, 09:31 PM
(13-01-2015 09:01 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Well, I guess if it's good enough for Tool.......

I deny it. I'm a musician and that song is in 4/4. Completely random and you have no evidence there is design in it. Ridiculous. Why do I bother? There is no way you can claim a sequence in this. Where do you get off?

Give me proof that song has the golden ratio in it! You can't. It's not evident.
13-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. ... I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
13-01-2015, 09:34 PM
(13-01-2015 09:31 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  I deny it. I'm a musician and that song is in 4/4. Completely random and you have no evidence there is design in it. Ridiculous. Why do I bother? There is no way you can claim a sequence in this. Where do you get off?

Give me proof that song has the golden ratio in it! You can't. It's not evident.

Heh heh. Touched a nerve there, I see.

"Leave the crazy shit to ME".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-01-2015, 09:38 PM
(13-01-2015 09:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Man can be the destroyer of worlds. This is true. He can also see the light and rise. Two diverging paths. One group rises and the other is reborn into the coming fire. Meet the one that stays. Death leads to rebirth. The point is to move on from this world before the fire comes. One way out.

13-01-2015, 09:39 PM
(13-01-2015 09:31 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  
(13-01-2015 09:01 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Well, I guess if it's good enough for Tool.......

I deny it. I'm a musician and that song is in 4/4. Completely random and you have no evidence there is design in it. Ridiculous. Why do I bother? There is no way you can claim a sequence in this. Where do you get off?

Why do you bother? I was simply trying to agree with you but all you do is insult me for trying to understand your perfect understanding of symmetrical harmony.

Now you've lost me. I guess that's what I get for trying to open my mind......

Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
13-01-2015, 09:40 PM
(13-01-2015 09:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-01-2015 09:31 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  I deny it. I'm a musician and that song is in 4/4. Completely random and you have no evidence there is design in it. Ridiculous. Why do I bother? There is no way you can claim a sequence in this. Where do you get off?

Heh heh. Touched a nerve there, I see.

Playing a part. That's all. Sarcasm Sheldon.
13-01-2015, 09:41 PM
(13-01-2015 09:40 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  
(13-01-2015 09:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Heh heh. Touched a nerve there, I see.

Playing a part. That's all. Sarcasm Sheldon.

Sure you are dear. Sure you are.
Be sure the nurse knows where you are. Almost time for bedtime pills.