I am Believer - Challenge My Beliefs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: I am Believer - Challenge My Beliefs
(15-01-2015 08:19 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 08:10 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  Cool!
Now just show us the papers and experiments being done under controlled conditions that demonstrate this.

"Research" in this case apparently means ol' AB sitting back and thinking about how he thinks things work. No need to test or investigate since it is evident in all of us as a universal truth.
Drinking Beverage

Of course. That's how science works... right?

1. Have an idea. In the vein of the great "revelations" throughout history, this is best accomplished by combining physical deprivation with chemical stimulation.
2. Declare the idea's truthiness. Does it feel right? Perfect!
3. Never test it. Ever. In fact it's better if you never coherently define it or even link it in any way to verifiable external reality. That way, no one else can test it either, leaving your wholly feels-based self-grafitying belief system unassailable by pesky so-called "reality".
4. ???
5. Profit!!

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
15-01-2015, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2015 02:26 PM by WindyCityJazz.)
I don't know why so many creationists assume that I give any fucks about "converting" them, just because I am an atheist. You want to believe in some invisible sky daddy? Fine. I give no fucks.

When you're going around trying to shove your religious garbage down my throat, putting things that endorse your religion on public property, and making laws that condone bullying if it is done on religious grounds, then I will give a fuck.

You can have your delusions. Just keep that shit to yourself.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
15-01-2015, 01:32 PM
(15-01-2015 01:20 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  I don't know why so many creationists assume that I give any fucks about "converting" them, just because I am an atheist. You want to believe in some invisible sky? Fine. I give no fucks.

When you're going around trying to shove your religious garbage down my throat, putting things that endorse your religion on public property, and making laws that condone bullying if it is done on religious grounds, then I will give a fuck.

here's something I heard on Facebook regarding religion

"religion is like underwear, you don't show it off you keep it to yourself" - some random person
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
15-01-2015, 01:44 PM
So, is Alphabet Poop gone, yet? Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-01-2015, 02:31 PM
(15-01-2015 01:44 PM)kim Wrote:  So, is Alphabet Poop gone, yet? Drinking Beverage

well....no line through his name.
so........

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
15-01-2015, 02:33 PM
(15-01-2015 01:32 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 01:20 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  I don't know why so many creationists assume that I give any fucks about "converting" them, just because I am an atheist. You want to believe in some invisible sky? Fine. I give no fucks.

here's something I heard on Facebook regarding religion

"religion is like underwear, you don't show it off you keep it to yourself" - some random person

My favorite one is: "Religion is like a penis. It's ok to have one. It's even ok to be proud of it. But don't go waving it around in public, and please don't try to force it down the throats of my children."

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 5 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
15-01-2015, 03:14 PM
(10-01-2015 10:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 09:47 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  Truth is subtle and rises.

So does hot air.

Take a number. You're not special, and neither is your dog.

My dogs are really special! His are not :-)

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
15-01-2015, 03:21 PM
(15-01-2015 12:08 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 08:19 AM)unfogged Wrote:  "Research" in this case apparently means ol' AB sitting back and thinking about how he thinks things work. No need to test or investigate since it is evident in all of us as a universal truth.
Drinking Beverage

Of course. That's how science works... right?

1. Have an idea. In the vein of the great "revelations" throughout history, this is best accomplished by combining physical deprivation with chemical stimulation.
3. Never test it. Ever. In fact it's better if you never coherently define it or even link it in any way to verifiable external reality. That way, no one else can test it either, leaving your wholly feels-based self-grafitying belief system unassailable by pesky so-called "reality".
4. ???
5. Profit!!

Why do guys keep getting this wrong?

5. Prophet!

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-01-2015, 03:24 PM
(15-01-2015 03:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 12:08 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Of course. That's how science works... right?

4. ???
5. Profit!!

Why do guys keep getting this wrong?

5. Prophet!

LMFAO

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
15-01-2015, 03:25 PM
You say:
(14-01-2015 07:17 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  "mystical book of magic"

And I think:

[Image: SA001115.jpg]

Big Grin

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]