I am Jesus, Deal with it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Video I am Jesus, Deal with it!
Not sure where to place this, so feel free to move it if there is a more appropriate place for it.

This documentary is nuts. A man in Australia convinces a group of followers that he is Jesus. Creates a cult, and takes them to a secluded commune. They really do believe it. I just can't relate to people who can fall for this type of stuff, and it makes no difference if it's these guys, or people simply reading a bible and going to church. It's nuts, and I can not understand.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2014, 11:59 AM
RE: I am Jesus, Deal with it!
Snap your fingers and make me a Ferrari and we'll talk. And yeah... that dude is batshit crazy.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
25-01-2014, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2014 12:26 PM by Full Circle.)
It wasn't too long ago we had some guy on here claiming he was Jesus but I can't remember the guy's name now...damn. He was telling us that we would all soon see a revelation. Entertaining twit.

Ha! Found him- Lord Steven Christ - banned now. Dipshit.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Jesus sure had a lot of reincarnations. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
25-01-2014, 12:57 PM
I wonder if "Jesus" can speak Aramaic. Should be easy to find out.
25-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Kicked out of Jehovah's Witness for an incident with a prostitue... Yep, it's Jesus alright Dodgy

I just don't get it, I'd bet most people know immediately that this guy is a nut job (except for those he actually managed to convince), but I'd bet they still think Jesus will actually "come back" one day. I can picture someone saying "boy, is he going to get it when the REAL Jesus gets here!"
25-01-2014, 02:39 PM
(25-01-2014 02:32 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  ...
I just don't get it, I'd bet most people know immediately that this guy is a nut job (except for those he actually managed to convince), but I'd bet they still think Jesus will actually "come back" one day. I can picture someone saying "boy, is he going to get it when the REAL Jesus gets here!"

Yeah, that's the thing I also find funny about it. Yes this guy is a nut, and yes all his followers are nuts for believing this. But really how different is it than all the rest of the nuts in the world who believe far more unrealistic version of this happened 2000 years about?

I mean think about it, really. Modern day Christians are all in a cult in which they follow a guy no different than this guy, get just as crazy about him as for this guy, but their guy they've never even seen and lived 2000 years ago, and only have text written by other people as reason to trust and believe their guy that they follow, who they can't even know actually ever even existed, as far as they know.

I a weird way, the followers of this guy are far more sane than modern day Christians, because at least their guy is real and they have first hand evidence of him.

As insane as they guys are, I see all religious people as far more insane.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
25-01-2014, 02:55 PM
There is a guy like that in Russia aswell who created a commune in deepest Syberia (of all places).

And I guess there are people like him everywhere on this globe.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
25-01-2014, 02:55 PM
(25-01-2014 02:39 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(25-01-2014 02:32 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  ...

Yeah, that's the thing I also find funny about it. Yes this guy is a nut, and yes all his followers are nuts for believing this. But really how different is it than all the rest of the nuts in the world who believe far more unrealistic version of this happened 2000 years about?

I mean think about it, really. Modern day Christians are all in a cult in which they follow a guy no different than this guy, get just as crazy about him as for this guy, but their guy they've never even seen and lived 2000 years ago, and only have text written by other people as reason to trust and believe their guy that they follow, who they can't even know actually ever even existed, as far as they know.

I a weird way, the followers of this guy are far more sane than modern day Christians, because at least their guy is real and they have first hand evidence of him.

As insane as they guys are, I see all religious people as far more insane.

Exactly, it's like they're all waiting for the right con-man to come along. Watching the section of the video that described his cult like tactics to draw people in on an emotional level, I was thinking to myself "how does anyone not realize, that's exactly how the church does it too!?!?!?"
25-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Yeah, it's like when other Christians call Mormonism or Jehovah's Witnessism (spelling?) cults. All churches are cults. They are just call a religion when the cult get big enough that people don't find it generally acceptable.