I am Jesus, Deal with it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2014, 02:07 AM
RE: I am Jesus, Deal with it!
There are (and have been) many of these, take a look.

It would be good to bring all the current claimants together for some sort of battle, and of course they would be allowed to use their magic abilities.

Wayne Bent was a recent claimaint from the USA:

The video of them waiting to be raptured and it not happening is amusing (and pathetic).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chippy's post
27-01-2014, 02:29 AM
I feel sorry for them. There are certain types of people who follow cults: the pathological.

And, it's got be awful waiting 2000 for your god to return with no word in between. Just think, the first followers of Christ expected him to return after a few days.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
Find all posts by this user
27-01-2014, 01:13 PM
(27-01-2014 02:07 AM)Chippy Wrote:  There are (and have been) many of these, take a look.

It would be good to bring all the current claimants together for some sort of battle, and of course they would be allowed to use their magic abilities.

Wayne Bent was a recent claimaint from the USA:

The video of them waiting to be raptured and it not happening is amusing (and pathetic).

I think I've seen this one a few years ago.

Is this the one in which the documenter is not allowed to go with the congregation to the top of the hill when the rapture is claimed to supposed to happen? (I never understand how it helps to go to the top of a hill) But then, after midnight, when it doesn't happen they come down singing and acting all happy as though they aren't the least bit concerned that the rapture did not actually happen, and just carried on like they haven't been wasting their lives for the past seven years?

27-01-2014, 01:26 PM
(27-01-2014 01:48 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Hey, I just realised I live near this guy.

I sometimes ride out to near his place....there's a nice winery out there.

Kind of creepy.

He could turn into a Charlie Manson type.

Anyone dare me to pay him a visit?

Yeah, do it...... I dare ya Tongue

Oh, dont forget to get it on video. Bowing
27-01-2014, 02:01 PM
(25-01-2014 12:08 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Jesus sure had a lot of reincarnations. Drinking Beverage

For every end of the world prophesy someone makes, we get another reincarnation of Jesus. I can't tell which is worse: this, or God killing a kitten every time someone masturbates.
27-01-2014, 06:18 PM
(27-01-2014 01:13 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I think I've seen this one a few years ago.

Is this the one in which the documenter is not allowed to go with the congregation to the top of the hill when the rapture is claimed to supposed to happen? (I never understand how it helps to go to the top of a hill) But then, after midnight, when it doesn't happen they come down singing and acting all happy as though they aren't the least bit concerned that the rapture did not actually happen, and just carried on like they haven't been wasting their lives for the past seven years?

Yes, that's the one.
27-01-2014, 07:06 PM
(27-01-2014 02:29 AM)Dee Wrote:  I feel sorry for them. There are certain types of people who follow cults: the pathological.

And, it's got be awful waiting 2000 for your god to return with no word in between. Just think, the first followers of Christ expected him to return after a few days.

Wouldn't it just. My old flatmates mother lived her life in a state of perpetual horror convinced that Armageddon was nigh, everyone was pretty much fucked and she couldn't save them all in time.

Nice lady, but why do that to yourself?
27-01-2014, 09:34 PM
(27-01-2014 01:13 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I think I've seen this one a few years ago.

Is this the one in which the documenter is not allowed to go with the congregation to the top of the hill when the rapture is claimed to supposed to happen?

Jump to 4:40

Instead of chanting "Liberty!" they should have been chanting "Gullibility!".

It's a pathetic display but it is not unusual. Cialdini explains this phenomenon:

Various sects and cults have prophesied that on a particular date there would arrive a period of redemption and great happiness for those who believed in the group's teachings. In each instance it has been predicted that the beginning of a time of salvation would be marked by an important and undeniable event, usually the cataclysmic end of the world. Of course, these predictions have invariably proved false, to the acute dismay of the members of such groups. However, immediately following the obvious failure of the prophecy, history records an enigmatic pattern. Rather than disbanding in disillusion, the cultists often become strengthened in their convictions...The group members had gone too far, given up too much for their beliefs to see them destroyed; the shame, the economic cost, the mockery would be too great to bear. The overarching need of the cultists to cling to those beliefs seeps poignantly from their own words...: "I have to believe the flood is coming on the twenty-first because I've spent all my money. I quit my job, I quit computer school. . . . I have to believe,...". (Cialdini, Robert B (2001) Influence: Science and Practice, 4th Ed., Needham Heights, MA, Chapter 4)

You can clearly hear that pattern of thinking in the speech of the person from the cult the documentary maker is speaking to. He says, "He burnt all his bridges" (or words to that effect).