I am Me and You are You

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2011, 09:21 AM

I am Me and You are You
I've posted in the "Introduce Yourself HERE!" thread, but what the heck, I want to do this too.
-------------

Hello people. I am 26 years old and a little old for a somewhat fresh graduate in Mechanical Engineering. I'm still looking for a job here and am currently a part-time karate instructor.

I was brought up to submit myself to god (I take it you can guess which religion I'm trying to imply here), but now I surren... um... what my username says.

I'm from a country where a political party just earlier today was protesting against the killing of Osama bin Laden, whom initially requested Obama to apologise. This country also has an identification system where by the age of 13 you are suppose register for a identification card which not only states your Name, Birth-date and Race, but also your Religion - from which they can distinguish which one of their citizens is bound to the Shariah court and which are not, regardless of your personal beliefs.

If you can guess both the religion I was raised as and which country I am from, you get a free wink from me! Wink ... I'm kidding, I'm just being kiddish for the fun of it. But if you demand a wink after guessing correctly, I'll do so.
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2011, 10:00 AM
RE: I am Me and You are You
Pakistani ex-Muslims are very welcome here. I'd love to talk with an ex-Muslim.

(okay... could be ex Hindu or ex Christian as well :insecure: )

Anyways...
Welcome!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2011, 04:35 AM
STS,
I love your heart and your bravery,

Russell

Free at Last, Free at Last,
Great Me Almighty
I'm Free at Last!
15-05-2011, 09:09 PM

The_observer:
Ex-Muslim yes, for sure. But not Pakistani though.
Not a very famous country, not in the Middle East... Not that messed up, but I feel it is messed up because it's my country. But yes a Muslim country.
Thanks for the welcome!

Russell G.:
Thank you!
15-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Are you from Turkey? I know you said not middle east, but Turkey is partially not.

My other guess would be Morocco
23-05-2011, 07:55 PM

Haha... fine...
I'm Malaysian... It's not too bad here, but it does get fucked up.
The current political issue in the country is about race vs race or Muslim vs Non-Muslims.
23-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Was thinking by lesser known you were going somewhere like UAE. Malaysia is a better part, but you're still within a horrid sphere of religious control. I prefer Capoeira to Karate. I studied the most boring school of karate a little Shotokan. Capoeira is very fun and energetic, though you need to be pretty healthy. I would not have been able to fill out that card. I don't like claiming a race. At least they don't ask gender I'd have a one way ticket to jail =p Glad you can connect to the forums as it seems some parts of the middle east cannot. Enjoy yourself here.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
25-05-2011, 10:26 AM

(23-05-2011 11:31 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Was thinking by lesser known you were going somewhere like UAE. Malaysia is a better part, but you're still within a horrid sphere of religious control. I prefer Capoeira to Karate. I studied the most boring school of karate a little Shotokan. Capoeira is very fun and energetic, though you need to be pretty healthy. I would not have been able to fill out that card. I don't like claiming a race. At least they don't ask gender I'd have a one way ticket to jail =p Glad you can connect to the forums as it seems some parts of the middle east cannot. Enjoy yourself here.
Capoeira is no doubt cool and beautiful. You've got to bell all round fit and acrobatic. But the thing about it is that it's more art then it is martial. The sparring is not about hitting or hurting or even fighting your opponent. But still now doubt a beautiful art. Karate, or more specifically sports karate, on the other hand is just pure speed and very linear - both punches and kicks. The art is beautiful too, but not acrobatic - very still. Karate is a very slow art to learn. First you've got to learn the kihon[/b] (fundamental or basics) and make yourself look like a fool punching, blocking and kicking the air, then you have learn the [i]kata, again looks weird, only then would you learn the kumite, where in many cases people do not learn. It's something where you have to learn to appreciate. I myself only learnt to truly appreciate kata only after I got my black belt. It is beautiful and is very rich in history. Muay Thai is another common favourite... No need to speak too much about that.

Hahaha to the gender joke... I get it. In fact, being an atheist with a Muslim background and still living in a Muslim country is kind of like being gay in a country which do not accept homosexuality.

I'm sure I would enjoy myself here. Thanks!! Appreciate it.