I am Paul Linfor.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2014, 07:10 PM
I am Paul Linfor.
Hello my fellow Atheists.

I have been around the world and have met several Atheists in my life. I met Atheists of many varieties. Certain types of Atheists I have met are ones who have understood Atheism through Veganism, guns, medicine, etc. I want to learn more about the other different forms of atheism. Specifically the users on this forum.

I hope all of us find our own sense of Atheism or if you have found your Atheism please tell us your findings. I want to learn. I am an Atheist. I cannot wait to learn.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Paul Linfor's post
08-05-2014, 07:23 PM
RE: I am Paul Linfor.
Welcome to the forum!

I have found that the number of different types of atheists there are is exactly equal to the number of actual atheists in the world. Yes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 6 users Like evenheathen's post
08-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Howdy Paul Shy

Is "Psychotic" a type you've met before?

I kid... Confused

Tongue

08-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Welcome, new guy brings the donuts!

Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
08-05-2014, 07:48 PM
(08-05-2014 07:39 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Howdy Paul Shy

Is "Psychotic" a type you've met before?

I kid... Confused

Tongue

I have seen psychotic types before. Some seem misunderstood though.
[+] 1 user Likes Paul Linfor's post
08-05-2014, 08:01 PM
(08-05-2014 07:10 PM)Paul Linfor Wrote:  Hello my fellow Atheists.

I have been around the world and have met several Atheists in my life. I met Atheists of many varieties. Certain types of Atheists I have met are ones who have understood Atheism through Veganism, guns, medicine, etc. I want to learn more about the other different forms of atheism. Specifically the users on this forum.

I hope all of us find our own sense of Atheism or if you have found your Atheism please tell us your findings. I want to learn. I am an Atheist. I cannot wait to learn.

I'm still learning, but at least I'm on the right path now.

Welcome to the board Paul.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
08-05-2014, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2014 08:11 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(08-05-2014 07:10 PM)Paul Linfor Wrote:  Hello my fellow Atheists.

Welcome to our community.

The only thing atheists have in common is lack of belief in a deity. Everything else is common ground.

We have a thread called share your deconversion story, you and everyone else who's new should check it out Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-05-2014, 08:06 PM
....atheism....through "veganism"? Quite the non sequitur you've got going there.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
09-05-2014, 12:19 AM
Welcome Smile

Whaddya wanna know? There's nothing that unites us really, other than the lack of belief in deities.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
09-05-2014, 09:06 AM
(09-05-2014 12:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  Welcome Smile

Whaddya wanna know? There's nothing that unites us really, other than the lack of belief in deities.

Welcome aboard. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume