I am Paul Linfor.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2014, 09:14 AM
RE: I am Paul Linfor.
Strange intro Consider ... but Howdy Cool

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Being an atheist is not like being a Christian or a muslim. Its simply about being a sane, rational being. its about being aware of unreason when one meets it and trying to counter it. Religious folk are handicapped by having to measure everything by their god standard. The main problem is that if one meets such a person socially, one has to go by the standards of "good" behaviour and not start having a flaming row. I don't talk much about atheism when Im with another atheist. It would be a bit like the Discworld dwarves talking about gold. It appears to me that a lot of people don't necessarily believe in a supernatural deity without thinking of themselves as atheists.
[+] 1 user Likes namrejaf's post
09-05-2014, 10:43 AM
(08-05-2014 07:10 PM)Paul Linfor Wrote:  ...
if you have found your Atheism please tell us

Thing is... I can't remember where I put it! Sadcryface

I mean, I've looked everywhere... between the cushions, behind the drawers... I've even moved the fridge out to see if it slipped under there.

I'm more miserable than when I lost my Faith.

Weeping

... but she was kinda crazy so I didn't really mind losing her 'cause it wasn't long before I found my Joy.

Welcome to the madhouse!

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
09-05-2014, 11:57 AM
(09-05-2014 12:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  Welcome Smile

Whaddya wanna know? There's nothing that unites us really, other than the lack of belief in deities.

I want to know how each of you define your own Atheism my friend. Tell me everything. I am all ears.
09-05-2014, 12:17 PM
(09-05-2014 11:57 AM)Paul Linfor Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 12:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  Welcome Smile

Whaddya wanna know? There's nothing that unites us really, other than the lack of belief in deities.

I want to know how each of you define your own Atheism my friend. Tell me everything. I am all ears.

Lack of belief in god (s).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Welcome.Here is your welcome seal.

[Image: walrus.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Hi paul
09-05-2014, 12:38 PM
What moms said.

How do you figure we each have our own atheism? Are there different flavors? I don't think I fully understand the question.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
09-05-2014, 12:39 PM
After reading the nonsense in the Vegan thread, I take back my welcome.

Sommin aint right with this one. Dodgy

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
09-05-2014, 01:10 PM
(09-05-2014 11:57 AM)Paul Linfor Wrote:  I want to know how each of you define your own Atheism my friend. Tell me everything. I am all ears.

Well in the beginning was the fuck all. And the fuck all was without form, and void. And the fuck all went BANG. And it was... well good is a value judgment based on ridiculous principles employed by monkeys stuck on a ball of rock somewhere lost in the vast aftermath of the explosion of the fuck all. So it just WAS.

And several billion years later here we sit typing at keyboards Smile

You did ask for everything Wink Maybe a little more specific? There are loadsa threads about "how didja decide it was all bullshit?" and so forth scattered around the forum. You can even make your own if you can't be arsed to read the old ones or you've got a specific question but "tell me everything"... eish No

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post