I am a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2016, 01:14 AM
I am a Christian
I was viewing a particular thread about how a user was banned from christianChat.com, a website i dont care so much for, but i digress.

the person in the thread went about pumping his fist for getting banned for attacking the beliefs of another person as if a hero who had accomplished something.

are all atheist such that they would celebrate that they have caused a christian to view them as pushy, insulting and childish? i would hope not. where are the rational and worthwhile atheists who actually are worth talking to?

as a christian who wants to debate, i would only celebrate if one of the parties comes to a deeper understanding, and we mutually learn something worthwhile, or at least one of the parties debating.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2016, 01:47 AM
RE: I am a Christian
Welcome to TTA.

Yup, we have all kinds of atheists here and our fair share of pushy, insulting and childish theists too.

Also a few rational and worthwhile theists grace us with their presence.

It takes all sorts, as they say.

Smile

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
03-03-2016, 01:51 AM
(03-03-2016 01:14 AM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  as a christian who wants to debate, i would only celebrate if one of the parties comes to a deeper understanding, and we mutually learn something worthwhile, or at least one of the parties debating.

What do you think that atheists here are going to learn that they haven't heard already?

You may want a debate, but it's most likely going to be the same arguments that we have heard a myriad times before.

Not trying to be rude here, just giving you a heads up.
[+] 11 users Like Mathilda's post
03-03-2016, 01:59 AM
(03-03-2016 01:14 AM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  are all atheist such that they would celebrate that they have caused a christian to view them as pushy, insulting and childish?

No. Obviously.

(03-03-2016 01:14 AM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  where are the rational and worthwhile atheists who actually are worth talking to?

In here, somewhere. And probably all around your country, town, neighborhood. You won't find them on Christian forums easily, since the vast majority of them couldn't care less about converting or debating anyone.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 7 users Like undergroundp's post
03-03-2016, 02:08 AM
Welcome.
03-03-2016, 02:09 AM
Hello! Big Grin

Welcome to the forum. Best of luck with your comments/posts and such. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
03-03-2016, 02:16 AM
Welcome Smile

Well, let's see how things go. Be aware that... people here can be pretty blunt and pretty crude. It's something that I rather enjoy, but ye average theist seems to think it means we're evil agents of Satan. We are evil agents of Satan but correlation is not causation.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 18 users Like morondog's post
03-03-2016, 02:38 AM
(03-03-2016 02:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  Welcome Smile

Well, let's see how things go. Be aware that... people here can be pretty blunt and pretty crude. It's something that I rather enjoy, but ye average theist seems to think it means we're evil agents of Satan. We are evil agents of Satan but correlation is not causation.

I wouldn't call myself evil ....
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
03-03-2016, 02:50 AM
(03-03-2016 01:14 AM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  I was viewing a particular thread about how a user was banned from christianChat.com, a website i dont care so much for, but i digress.

the person in the thread went about pumping his fist for getting banned for attacking the beliefs of another person as if a hero who had accomplished something.

are all atheist such that they would celebrate that they have caused a christian to view them as pushy, insulting and childish? i would hope not. where are the rational and worthwhile atheists who actually are worth talking to?

as a christian who wants to debate, i would only celebrate if one of the parties comes to a deeper understanding, and we mutually learn something worthwhile, or at least one of the parties debating.

Welcome.

Prove yourself by not being a one post wonder.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
03-03-2016, 02:55 AM
Welcome.

(03-03-2016 01:14 AM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  are all atheist such that they would celebrate that they have caused a christian to view them as pushy, insulting and childish?

All it takes for christians to view atheist as pushy is not agreeing with their taboos and being against state enforcing religion "morality". So it's not exactly hard to get said label, or more accurately such is my experience.

(03-03-2016 01:14 AM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  where are the rational and worthwhile atheists who actually are worth talking to?

Where are rational and worthwhile theists? I didn't met even one.

(03-03-2016 01:14 AM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  as a christian who wants to debate, i would only celebrate if one of the parties comes to a deeper understanding, and we mutually learn something worthwhile, or at least one of the parties debating.

How exactly such so called deeper understanding would look like?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.