I am a Christian--again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2012, 02:51 PM

I am a Christian--again
I am a Christian

I’ve tried everything. I’ve tried every philosophy; I’ve explored atheism for years, but I believe in God, and I believe that Jesus Christ was real and was the Son of God sent to save us from our sin. I don’t understand all the mysteries of it, but I don’t care anymore. All I know is that atheism leads to a corruption of the human mind and character, and I won’t be part of it.

Even more, my BS notion of God as the Fundamental Monistic Consciousness, is nothing more than a ridiculous evasion. I might as well just say God is God.

I was angry after reading the satanic prose of William Young’s “The Shack,” and I vowed to have nothing ever to do with Christianity again. But I believe in Christ. Why should I allow some Satanist or satanically influenced asshole to rob me of the whole reason I was created in the first place?

I’m not a good Christian. I’m not an orthodox Christian. And I think most Christians are Christians because they’re too stupid to challenge their faith. I think they walk around saying they believe in God and Christ and then act like neither exists. But that’s not the case with me. I really do believe. I’ve tried not to, and it just doesn’t stick.

So, here we go again. Frusty
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Egor's post
02-11-2012, 02:55 PM
RE: I am a Christian--again
Aw, this is because we pointed out that you were on the path to non-Theism, right? Gave you a bit of a scare I'm guessing. Poor Egor... You believe what you believe because you're afraid not to. No

I hope you realize some day that thinking critically is more important than adhering to dogma. Good luck.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2012, 02:58 PM

Thinking critically and excluding the idea of God is incompatible. The idea that you can maintain your character and reject Christ (or the idea of Christ as he's presented in other religions) is also incompatible.
You're right: I am afraid to disbelieve. I've seen the results of it. And this became obvious in another atheist forum I visit "Rational Skepticism."
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2012, 02:59 PM
The results of *my* deconversion consisting wholly of having time to do something useful on Sunday, and spending time on this forum.

Oh, and those twenty hookers I raped and murdered and stashed in my closet next to my twenty kilos of heroin, but everyone does that. Drinking Beverage

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 8 users Like Phaedrus's post
02-11-2012, 02:59 PM
I hope things go well for you, Egor. You've been struggling with this issue since before I've been on this site. I hope you reach a place of calm and peace in your journey.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
02-11-2012, 03:01 PM
(02-11-2012 02:51 PM)Egor Wrote:  I am a Christian

I’ve tried everything. I’ve tried every philosophy; I’ve explored atheism for years, but I believe in God, and I believe that Jesus Christ was real and was the Son of God sent to save us from our sin. I don’t understand all the mysteries of it, but I don’t care anymore. All I know is that atheism leads to a corruption of the human mind and character, and I won’t be part of it.

Even more, my BS notion of God as the Fundamental Monistic Consciousness, is nothing more than a ridiculous evasion. I might as well just say God is God.

I was angry after reading the satanic prose of William Young’s “The Shack,” and I vowed to have nothing ever to do with Christianity again. But I believe in Christ. Why should I allow some Satanist or satanically influenced asshole to rob me of the whole reason I was created in the first place?

I’m not a good Christian. I’m not an orthodox Christian. And I think most Christians are Christians because they’re too stupid to challenge their faith. I think they walk around saying they believe in God and Christ and then act like neither exists. But that’s not the case with me. I really do believe. I’ve tried not to, and it just doesn’t stick.

Yawn.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
02-11-2012, 03:01 PM
[font='Charis SIL']"I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent."[/font]

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
02-11-2012, 03:02 PM
[font='Charis SIL']I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent[/font]

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
02-11-2012, 03:03 PM
(02-11-2012 03:01 PM)Janus VI Wrote:  "I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent."
And I have no need to repent. I am an atheist.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-11-2012, 03:05 PM
(02-11-2012 02:51 PM)Egor Wrote:  I am a Christian

And your metaphysical circle-jerk begins another cycle. What fun.

[+] 4 users Like Chas's post