I am a Christian--again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2012, 01:53 AM
RE: I am a Christian--again
(03-11-2012 10:49 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  I still have this tiny fear in my mind from my indoctrination. I know its never going to go away and I have learnt to accept it..
I grew out of mine eventually. It only took a decade or two. Give it time. Don't lose hope.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2012, 01:56 AM
(04-11-2012 01:14 AM)Egor Wrote:  ...will someone please roll "We've Only Just Begun," by the Carpenters... Weeping

No I bloody will NOT! Here is your music:

*cues Whole Lotta Love*

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
04-11-2012, 02:29 AM

(04-11-2012 01:33 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I smell a troll. Consider

Man, I don't even know when I'm trolling. Unsure
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2012, 02:42 AM
(02-11-2012 02:58 PM)Egor Wrote:  Thinking critically and excluding the idea of God is incompatible. The idea that you can maintain your character and reject Christ (or the idea of Christ as he's presented in other religions) is also incompatible.
You're right: I am afraid to disbelieve. I've seen the results of it. And this became obvious in another atheist forum I visit "Rational Skepticism."
Sorry to interject here but I'm new here and really not up to date with your story and experiences thus far but I just wanted to know what it is you meant when you said, " I am afraid to disbelieve. I've seen the results of it." What are the results of disbelieving? Reading between the lines, and bear in mind that I don't know you or your experiences at all, it sounds to me like you have an internal struggle going on and that dogma and Christianity still have an almost superstitious hold on you. Would I be right in saying that?
04-11-2012, 02:48 AM
I can't say much here Undecided I really hope we still can have intellectual discussions on various things despite the difference in what we believe. We are all still learning one way or another.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
04-11-2012, 02:54 AM
(02-11-2012 04:04 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  It is fear that controls Egor, and it is hard to combat irrational fear with reason. It is not reason that he cannot accept, it is the emotional consequences. That is true of most religious people. They lack the emotional objectivity to accept what is when it conflicts with the fear that they have been indoctrinated into. Either Egor will be brave, or live in servitude of a malevolent master made in the minds of men. Until he is ready to cast fear to the weigh side no amount of logic or reason will suffice to convince him that he is free of his imagined bondage. He teeters on the cusp of that realization, but seems unable to go the last inch needed to descend into rational thought, for now.
Couldn't have put it better myself!
04-11-2012, 03:01 AM
(04-11-2012 02:54 AM)summersun2828 Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 04:04 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  It is fear that controls Egor, and it is hard to combat irrational fear with reason. It is not reason that he cannot accept, it is the emotional consequences. That is true of most religious people. They lack the emotional objectivity to accept what is when it conflicts with the fear that they have been indoctrinated into. Either Egor will be brave, or live in servitude of a malevolent master made in the minds of men. Until he is ready to cast fear to the weigh side no amount of logic or reason will suffice to convince him that he is free of his imagined bondage. He teeters on the cusp of that realization, but seems unable to go the last inch needed to descend into rational thought, for now.
Couldn't have put it better myself!
I'll second that
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2012, 03:34 AM
(03-11-2012 04:50 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 04:47 AM)Egor Wrote:  Is God benevolent? Jesus thought so. Remember John 3:16?
Do you understand how evolution works?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
04-11-2012, 04:46 AM
John 3:16
King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Vespasian sends his son Titus to teach those naughty Jews a lesson.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2012, 05:35 AM
Egor Wrote:]I lowered this guy's rep point as much as I could and reported his post. I'm not particularly suicidal, but I find it extremely irresponsible to make statements like that online. You never really know who your dealing with on the other end of your keyboard; you don't know their emotional state and suicide is one of the leading killers of people in the age group most likely to participate in online forums.

Firat of all you are the biggest fucking hypocrite ever. You have insulted countless members of the forum so many times, simply for not believing in your crap. Did you ever consider their emotional state!? Did you ever think that maybe they be close to suicide!? No, of course you fucking didn't. Even in this thread, on an atheist forum, you come along and say that we are all on the road to corruption. Seriously?? You basically called dozens of people failures. Did you even consider what those people's emotional state was? No, of course you fucking didn't, again! You act like a complete child. Insult everyone else, and then go cry in a corner when anything is said to you and act like the fucking victim.
[+] 2 users Like Magoo's post