I am a Christian--again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2012, 05:43 AM
RE: I am a Christian--again
(04-11-2012 05:35 AM)Magoo Wrote:  
Egor Wrote:]I lowered this guy's rep point as much as I could and reported his post. I'm not particularly suicidal, but I find it extremely irresponsible to make statements like that online. You never really know who your dealing with on the other end of your keyboard; you don't know their emotional state and suicide is one of the leading killers of people in the age group most likely to participate in online forums.

Firat of all you are the biggest fucking hypocrite ever. You have insulted countless members of the forum so many times, simply for not believing in your crap. Did you ever consider their emotional state!? Did you ever think that maybe they be close to suicide!? No, of course you fucking didn't. Even in this thread, on an atheist forum, you come along and say that we are all on the road to corruption. Seriously?? You basically called dozens of people failures. Did you even consider what those people's emotional state was? No, of course you fucking didn't, again! You act like a complete child. Insult everyone else, and then go cry in a corner when anything is said to you and act like the fucking victim.
Are you through? Go sit in the corner. Bad dog. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2012, 06:51 AM

(04-11-2012 02:42 AM)summersun2828 Wrote:  Sorry to interject here but I'm new here and really not up to date with your story and experiences thus far but I just wanted to know what it is you meant when you said, " I am afraid to disbelieve. I've seen the results of it." What are the results of disbelieving? Reading between the lines, and bear in mind that I don't know you or your experiences at all, it sounds to me like you have an internal struggle going on and that dogma and Christianity still have an almost superstitious hold on you. Would I be right in saying that?

I think you are partly right in saying that. I am superstitious about some things related to my religious beliefs. The results of disbelief in God, in my opinion, is an inevitable decline in moral character and social responsibility, a devolution of the human being back the human animal. Most atheists, however, actually cling to previous Christian ideals, and I would suspect secretly hope that God exists and will respect their "rational" approach should they die and face judgment. I say most...

Thanks for asking. I doubt you'll appreciate my answer, but welcome to the forum! Banana_zorro
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2012, 06:57 AM

(04-11-2012 05:35 AM)Magoo Wrote:  Firat of all you are the biggest fucking hypocrite ever. You have insulted countless members of the forum so many times, simply for not believing in your crap. Did you ever consider their emotional state!? Did you ever think that maybe they be close to suicide!? No, of course you fucking didn't. Even in this thread, on an atheist forum, you come along and say that we are all on the road to corruption. Seriously?? You basically called dozens of people failures. Did you even consider what those people's emotional state was? No, of course you fucking didn't, again! You act like a complete child. Insult everyone else, and then go cry in a corner when anything is said to you and act like the fucking victim.

What you did could is criminal. It's illegal, in the US anyway, to incite people to commit suicide. And of course it's immoral, to everyone except terrorists, but you don't believe in sin, do you? No

QED Yes
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2012, 07:05 AM
(04-11-2012 06:51 AM)Egor Wrote:  The results of disbelief in God, in my opinion, is an inevitable decline in moral character and social responsibility, a devolution of the human being back the human animal.

That is such fucking crap. Besides, it's like saying, "I'm good 'cause Charlie Manson tells me so," 'cause that's about the moral standard you're praising. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 7 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-11-2012, 07:20 AM
(04-11-2012 06:51 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 02:42 AM)summersun2828 Wrote:  Sorry to interject here but I'm new here and really not up to date with your story and experiences thus far but I just wanted to know what it is you meant when you said, " I am afraid to disbelieve. I've seen the results of it." What are the results of disbelieving? Reading between the lines, and bear in mind that I don't know you or your experiences at all, it sounds to me like you have an internal struggle going on and that dogma and Christianity still have an almost superstitious hold on you. Would I be right in saying that?

I think you are partly right in saying that. I am superstitious about some things related to my religious beliefs. The results of disbelief in God, in my opinion, is an inevitable decline in moral character and social responsibility, a devolution of the human being back the human animal. Most atheists, however, actually cling to previous Christian ideals, and I would suspect secretly hope that God exists and will respect their "rational" approach should they die and face judgment. I say most...

Thanks for asking. I doubt you'll appreciate my answer, but welcome to the forum! Banana_zorro
(04-11-2012 06:51 AM)Egor Wrote:  Thank you for your welcome. Acknowledging that I may be partly right about your being superstitious and it being related to your religious beliefs, to me, indicate that you know that you are just going back to being a Christian as a safety blanket. It's something that you have found difficult to let go of completely and instead of growing up and standing up, independently, on your own two feet, you've gone running back to grab hold of it again because being without its comfort scares you.
(04-11-2012 06:51 AM)Egor Wrote:  Where's your evidence for saying that "most atheists actually cling to previous Christian ideals"? and that they " secretly hope that God exists and will respect their "rational" approach should they die and face judgment" ? How have you come to that conclusion with regards to "most Atheists" ? And may I say that I take umbrage to your saying that, "The results of disbelief in God, in my opinion, is an inevitable decline in moral character and social responsibility, a devolution of the human being back the human animal." You are clearly making a sweeping statement here saying that non believers' moral characters are lesser than those of believers, in fact what you are saying is that non believers have regressed to just following their animal instincts. That is not so and I struggle to understand where it is you have picked this kind of thinking up from. Does that mean that, in your mind, if a person is an unbeliever they are more morally debased than a believer due to the virtue of the fact that they just don't believe in your god? I know plenty of people who are non believers and let me assure you that they do not live any less of a moral life than anyone else. In fact, they don't need a book to tell them right from wrong or a mythical deity to show them how to behave and interact with their fellow man.
Find all posts by this user
04-11-2012, 07:32 AM
(04-11-2012 06:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 05:35 AM)Magoo Wrote:  Firat of all you are the biggest fucking hypocrite ever. You have insulted countless members of the forum so many times, simply for not believing in your crap. Did you ever consider their emotional state!? Did you ever think that maybe they be close to suicide!? No, of course you fucking didn't. Even in this thread, on an atheist forum, you come along and say that we are all on the road to corruption. Seriously?? You basically called dozens of people failures. Did you even consider what those people's emotional state was? No, of course you fucking didn't, again! You act like a complete child. Insult everyone else, and then go cry in a corner when anything is said to you and act like the fucking victim.

What you did could is criminal. It's illegal, in the US anyway, to incite people to commit suicide. And of course it's immoral, to everyone except terrorists, but you don't believe in sin, do you? No

QED Yes

So a few words makes me a murderer? Egor logic! Yes

What you have failed to notice is what I said after. You are acting like I said "Egor you are a worthless piece of crap, no one likes you go kill yourself!" No, this was not what I said. It was more of a question in a way. I said after that you find both atheism and religion pointless, which makes me wonder what give you the will to live.

EDIT: Wait, no I didn't. Well that explains your anger.
04-11-2012, 09:08 AM
[Image: tumblr_mb9asoi7LW1qgcra2o1_500.gif]

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
04-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Egor, I think it's time to face facts. After this endless parade of nonsensical ideologies that you throw yourself into, the one after the other, giving yourself mental whiplash each time, I think it's time you found yourself some stability.

You need to admit it, Egor. You need atheism like a nun needs cock.

Badly.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
04-11-2012, 04:02 PM
(04-11-2012 01:43 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Egor, I think it's time to face facts. After this endless parade of nonsensical ideologies that you throw yourself into, the one after the other, giving yourself mental whiplash each time, I think it's time you found yourself some stability.

You need to admit it, Egor. You need atheism like a nun needs cock.

Badly.

And to drive my point home so that you don't think I'm just being offensive or shocking for the sake of it, allow me to explain my metaphor:

You need atheism like a nun needs cock because while a nun may be happy living in her convent denying her natural functions, she would probably be a lot happier and a lot more societally productive if she quit the convent and spent some time doing the short horizontal pole dance with some nice guy so that she'd have something to think about other than Jesus Jesus Jesus and instead contribute directly to the health of society by giving someone happiness directly and feeling happy herself instead of feeling guilt over her natural urges.

That's you, except replace cock with atheism.

(this will work better if you imagine a jaunty tune going in the background)

You need to stop obsessing over metaphysical improbabilities of irritating impeccably irrelevant irrationalities about deities who engage in illicit improprieties but claim moral superiority or super man authority or whatever pantheist crap, so listen, just drop the act, you won't snap, just go and look into the void and it'll look back. And after that you'll know that you won't crack because the inferiority you've assumed a priori is just so much shit. Now you've listened to my bit. You'll probably realize that Tim Minchin inspired it. But I hope you take some wisdom from me,

Stop worrying and just be.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 6 users Like Phaedrus's post
04-11-2012, 04:31 PM
That was some fucking epic rhyming.