I am a Christian--again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2012, 01:27 PM
RE: I am a Christian--again
(05-11-2012 01:04 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 11:19 PM)Egor Wrote:  Translated: "The rest of us are swimming in the ocean and drowning one by one; you got on the boat; fear took over; you didn't keep fighting the water." No

Demon possession is a bitch. Evil_monster

Hey! You should read my blovel, "Rise of the Zombie Lords." One of the main Characters is a Haitian Voodoo Priest. I'm about to introduce him.

...what? I'm American; I market. Cool

._."
Egor you could've told me I was bullshitting you. You don't have to be polite and sarcastic about it.
You really need to get laid. With two cocks up your arse called rationality and atheism. Maybe when you come back to the forum, you will have all that unresolved sexual tension sort out. Don't push yourself. Angel
[Image: 24340574.jpg]
Don't take this to heart.
remind me never to ever get on your bad side Ohmy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-11-2012, 01:28 PM
(05-11-2012 01:05 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(05-11-2012 12:18 PM)Impulse Wrote:  If the tale of Jesus Christ's divinity had not taken root, I wonder what tale would have taken it's place in influencing human development. Please ponder. Consider
Maybe something easier to get rid of? Or at least less poisonous and harmful to the human spirit and dignity. We will never know and this makes me infinitely sad.
Things can always be worse. It could have been something even harder to escape and far more poisonous.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
05-11-2012, 01:35 PM
(05-11-2012 01:28 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Things can always be worse. It could have been something even harder to escape and far more poisonous.
I somehow doubt it, but it is true that things can always be worse.

The monotheistic, semitic religions do encompass a lot of what's worse in religions/mythologies, though. I mean, I can hardly imagine anything worse than stifling man's natural curiosity and thirst for knowledge, while at the same time breaking his spirit and telling him he is a worthless peace of crap, but maybe my imagination is just not strong enough.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
05-11-2012, 03:15 PM
(03-11-2012 04:50 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 04:47 AM)Egor Wrote:  Is God benevolent? Jesus thought so. Remember John 3:16?
Do you understand how evolution works?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
05-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Yes, Ed, I'm still a Calvinist.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
05-11-2012, 05:22 PM
(04-11-2012 11:23 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  The problem with your speculation, Egor was never "one of us" if by that you mean you thought he was once an atheist. He's just one of us by being a crazy fucker ...

Isn't that really all that matters.

(05-11-2012 01:04 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  You really need to get laid. With two cocks up your arse called rationality and atheism. Maybe when you come back to the forum, you will have all that unresolved sexual tension sort out. Don't push yourself. Angel

Look at tazmin, all growed up and Sumo ready. Big Grin

(05-11-2012 01:27 PM)morondog Wrote:  remind me never to ever get on your bad side Ohmy

She warns you not to mess with her with every post.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-11-2012, 02:35 AM

(05-11-2012 06:55 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  1)How do you determine what is "true"?

By reason, logic, and revelation from the Holy Spirit.

You don’t have to like that answer, but you asked the question—so deal with it. Smokin

Quote:Everyone seems to be praising this guy because he's so "great" and we're all sitting back while he "flip-flops" from one belief to another, but not many seem to be calling him out on this bullshit.

People are calling for my suicide. I could stand some other form of praise, thanks. Thumbsup

(05-11-2012 07:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  By becoming rational, by understanding that your Christian belief is incoherent and untenable.

Don’t you worry about hell? What makes you think you’ll escape it? Seriously, for all you know there is a hell and failing to grow spiritually gets you thrown in there. Don’t you worry about that? Evil_monster

(05-11-2012 10:30 AM)summersun2828 Wrote:  No, my profile doesn't say that I grew up as a JW, (you may want to re-read it) My whole sense of right and wrong comes from me. Regardless what my beliefs have been through the years, Catholic, JW, non-denominational Christian, Atheist, my morals and sense of right and wrong have remained constant. With regards to needing a book or not, what about those civilisations that don't have a written law as such? I'm sure they know not to lie, cheat, commit adultery, murder etc., I don't do what is right just because it's written in any law book or because it's part of a penal code or whatever you like to call it. I do right because I want to do right by my fellow man and live with a clean conscience.

Well, if there is no God, I would say you have no reason for a conscience. That’s what I mean about atheists not following out the implications of their faith (the belief that there is no God). Smartass

Also, you need to learn to quote better if you want a response from me in the future. I’m only doing it this second time for you because you’re a pretty young woman. Drinking Beverage

Quote:So you've picked up this kind of experience from an incident "this one time at band camp?"

Concrete thinking is a sign of low IQ. Apparently humor is completely lost on you. Hobo

Quote: and prove them to me.

Another atheist bawling for proof. Weeping Here’s a pearl of wisdom for you: No one can prove anything to anyone. Everyone proves everything to themselves.

Quote:My post was not meant to, in any way, offend you or belittle what you may be going through

Well, try harder next time. Girl_nails
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2012, 02:47 AM

(05-11-2012 11:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  For myself... Egor I would count now as a friend

You're my T-bird. Here's to you good buddy!

06-11-2012, 02:50 AM
(06-11-2012 02:35 AM)Egor Wrote:  Concrete thinking is a sign of low IQ. Apparently humor is completely lost on you. Hobo

Speak for yourself. For an admitted part-time troll, you certainly have a low threshold for shock humor.

Quote:Another atheist bawling for proof. Weeping Here’s a pearl of wisdom for you: No one can prove anything to anyone. Everyone proves everything to themselves.

Aren't you not supposed to cast your pearls before swine? Piggie says oink oink, keep 'em to yourself.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
06-11-2012, 03:11 AM

(05-11-2012 11:37 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I respect your returning to Christianity. I don't agree with it, but I respect that it's your decision to make.

That's nice of you. Confused

Quote:However, I must express my disagreement with the part of your post that I quoted. There are good and bad atheists just as there are good and bad Christians and good and bad people. Atheism neither makes someone good or makes them bad. The concepts of atheism and morality are completely separate. Unlike religion, atheism doesn't teach anything about morality.

That's right: there is no moral system in atheism. So a person is left to do what is right or wrong based on how they feel at the time. Angel Censored Evil_monster Hobo

Quote: And one does not have to believe in a religion to have good morals or to remain "uncorrupted". In fact, it is believing in religion that often leads to immorality. There are many things taught in religion that would be obviously immoral even to believers if one removed the "God says it's right" part.

How do you determine what is right and wrong?

(05-11-2012 12:12 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I'm beginning to see why you are uncomfortable with atheism. I don't find anything accurate in what you said here, but it does reveal your perspective about atheism. As an atheist, I feel no more worthless now than I did when I was a believer. Nor am I any more narcissistic or even anti-social. Quite on the contrary, life has infinitely more meaning with other people. We all depend on each other at various levels and humanity is better because of it (the whole is more than the sum of its parts). In fact, when I was a Catholic, it was all too easy to either look down on or pity non-Catholics because I was in the group that was "in the know". Today, as an atheist, there are no groups, just people (well ok, maybe groups of believers and non-believers). Without the groupings, it's far easier to be social with everyone, not just Catholics and to consider the true welfare of everyone, not just those who are following the "right" path.

Except now you look down on Catholics and think you’re in a group that’s “in the know.” So much for growth through atheism. Dodgy

(05-11-2012 12:18 PM)Impulse Wrote:  If the tale of Jesus Christ's divinity had not taken root, I wonder what tale would have taken it's place in influencing human development. Please ponder. Consider

Why? Consider

(05-11-2012 12:29 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Egor, why can't you be like KC?

Why can’t you be like Britney Spears?