I am a Christian--again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2012, 05:10 PM
RE: I am a Christian--again
(06-11-2012 04:42 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(06-11-2012 04:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It would be mighty boring here without theists to play with.
Now Eegs, are you having a re-dunking, oops, baptism ?

Do you really think I was ever not a Christian? Seriously, do you really think I ever fell out of love with Christ? No
But why? The Jesus described in the Bible is an asshole. Treats his mother like crap, tells people to abandon their families, lies about returning, screws over Judas, curses a damn fig tree. Seriously, dude, you love this twit?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
06-11-2012, 05:12 PM
(06-11-2012 02:55 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(06-11-2012 01:51 PM)Egor Wrote:  No, won't you please teach me?
Dismissing your sarcastic approach, and assuming that you not stupid, tell me how the Christian God is compatible with the modern theory of evolution.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
06-11-2012, 06:58 PM
(06-11-2012 04:39 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(06-11-2012 02:14 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Then Julius Caesar must be divine. Drinking Beverage

It didn't stick with Julius Caeser.

You didn't read the link, did you. Drinking Beverage

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
06-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Egor - you said you don't care anymore in your first post and I believe you. You don't care if something is true or not. You don't value the truth or reality. You want to believe what you want to believe.

Enjoy your ignorance. I hear it's blissful.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
06-11-2012, 08:01 PM
I comiserate.

You must be one confused puppy!

And what will you be next week?
06-11-2012, 11:56 PM
hey Egor,

why are you here?

If you are so convinced about your rebirth as a Christian, why not go to a Christian website to talk about Jeebus with your like-minded friends?

Given your frequent changes of mind, isn't a bit more humility in order? Why do you need to tell everyone here about your latest delusion?

Six months or so ago I asked you what you knew about the history of the bible and the characters in it, and you more or less admitted you had read nothing on these topics. You had written the book of Verucundianism (apologies if I've spelt that wrong) based solely on your own interpretation of the babble. You claimed you weren't a Christian. Now you say you are. You still haven't read any books about history(as far as I can tell). What on earth makes you think your opinions are that interesting?

I think some people here feel sorry for you (despite the fact you show little evidence of heeding their well intentioned commentary),others just enjoy heaping shit on your stupid ideas. But really, at the end of the day, nobody learns anything from you because you haven't got anything sensible, new or interesting to say.

Why don't you come clean about your real agenda? Just why are you here?
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
07-11-2012, 12:00 AM
(06-11-2012 05:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-11-2012 04:42 PM)Egor Wrote:  Do you really think I was ever not a Christian? Seriously, do you really think I ever fell out of love with Christ? No
But why? The Jesus described in the Bible is an asshole. Treats his mother like crap, tells people to abandon their families, lies about returning, screws over Judas, curses a damn fig tree. Seriously, dude, you love this twit?
That reminds me. There's something about that fig tree thing .. I meant to look at it. Something about why would he curse a fig tree for not making fruit, if he already knew it wasn't going to, or some such crap.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-11-2012, 08:14 AM
(07-11-2012 12:00 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-11-2012 05:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  But why? The Jesus described in the Bible is an asshole. Treats his mother like crap, tells people to abandon their families, lies about returning, screws over Judas, curses a damn fig tree. Seriously, dude, you love this twit?
That reminds me. There's something about that fig tree thing .. I meant to look at it. Something about why would he curse a fig tree for not making fruit, if he already knew it wasn't going to, or some such crap.
It wasn't in season; there was no way it should have had fruit. What a stupid story.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
07-11-2012, 08:28 AM
(07-11-2012 08:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-11-2012 12:00 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That reminds me. There's something about that fig tree thing .. I meant to look at it. Something about why would he curse a fig tree for not making fruit, if he already knew it wasn't going to, or some such crap.
It wasn't in season; there was no way it should have had fruit. What a stupid story.
Do you guys know that the Italian slang for a certain part of the female anatomy is fica, which comes from the Latin for the "fruit of the fig-tree"? D'you think this may in some way account for Jesus's anti-fig vendetta Consider

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
07-11-2012, 11:57 AM
(07-11-2012 08:28 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(07-11-2012 08:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  It wasn't in season; there was no way it should have had fruit. What a stupid story.
Do you guys know that the Italian slang for a certain part of the female anatomy is fica, which comes from the Latin for the "fruit of the fig-tree"? D'you think this may in some way account for Jesus's anti-fig vendetta Consider
You know, that's REALLY interesting. Did you know in some of the Gnostic traditions in the Coptic (North Egypt) texts Jesus thought only males had value, and there was a text where he said he would turn Mary Magdalen into a man so she could be an authentic member of the group. (The Gospel of Thomas). There is also The Secret Gospel of Mark, when the "young man" in Mark, (naked in the white sheet), is Jesus' "friend". Very interesting.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche