I am a Christian--again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2012, 03:29 PM
RE: I am a Christian--again
(02-11-2012 03:28 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 03:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  Atheism is precisely standing on one's own feet.

No it isn't. It is the illusion of standing on one's own feet.
How so?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2012, 03:30 PM
(02-11-2012 03:28 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 03:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  Atheism is precisely standing on one's own feet.

No it isn't. It is the illusion of standing on one's own feet.
And YOU'RE the only one standing on your own two feet, because only you have the truth, correct?

Dude, chill out and take a hit: Smokin

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
02-11-2012, 03:46 PM
(02-11-2012 02:51 PM)Egor Wrote:  I am a Christian

I’ve tried everything. I’ve tried every philosophy; I’ve explored atheism for years, but I believe in God, and I believe that Jesus Christ was real and was the Son of God sent to save us from our sin. I don’t understand all the mysteries of it, but I don’t care anymore. All I know is that atheism leads to a corruption of the human mind and character, and I won’t be part of it.

Even more, my BS notion of God as the Fundamental Monistic Consciousness, is nothing more than a ridiculous evasion. I might as well just say God is God.

I was angry after reading the satanic prose of William Young’s “The Shack,” and I vowed to have nothing ever to do with Christianity again. But I believe in Christ. Why should I allow some Satanist or satanically influenced asshole to rob me of the whole reason I was created in the first place?

I’m not a good Christian. I’m not an orthodox Christian. And I think most Christians are Christians because they’re too stupid to challenge their faith. I think they walk around saying they believe in God and Christ and then act like neither exists. But that’s not the case with me. I really do believe. I’ve tried not to, and it just doesn’t stick.

So, here we go again. Frusty

So you veered towards "atheism" after reading satanic verses? No, dude, you veered towards Satanism, which is still part of the fable you call Christianity. You never left your religion. You never gave atheism a chance.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 5 users Like Buddy Christ's post
02-11-2012, 03:57 PM
(02-11-2012 02:51 PM)Egor Wrote:  All I know is that atheism leads to a corruption of the human mind and character, and I won’t be part of it.
Where does this idea come from? Have you got some examples you'd like to share? Has anyone on these forums given you reason to believe this?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
02-11-2012, 03:58 PM
(02-11-2012 02:59 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Oh, and those twenty hookers I raped and murdered and stashed in my closet next to my twenty kilos of heroin, but everyone does that. Drinking Beverage

But not everybody talks about it. Good job. Now I gotta move that shit. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Whatever.
Dude is a friend, and a gifted author.
I'm here wherever his journey takes him.
He's a good guy.

Πάντα ῥεῖ καὶ οὐδὲν μένει
The only thing certain is change. --- Heraclitus

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
02-11-2012, 04:04 PM
It is fear that controls Egor, and it is hard to combat irrational fear with reason. It is not reason that he cannot accept, it is the emotional consequences. That is true of most religious people. They lack the emotional objectivity to accept what is when it conflicts with the fear that they have been indoctrinated into. Either Egor will be brave, or live in servitude of a malevolent master made in the minds of men. Until he is ready to cast fear to the weigh side no amount of logic or reason will suffice to convince him that he is free of his imagined bondage. He teeters on the cusp of that realization, but seems unable to go the last inch needed to descend into rational thought, for now.

[+] 5 users Like Dark Light's post
02-11-2012, 04:18 PM
(02-11-2012 03:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  How so?

Precisely the same way Christianity creates the illusion. The mind. You think you are standing on your own feet, but you aren't. Go back and read about the last 50 or so posts you've made in which you find it necessary to impose your false sense of intellect to defend your atheistic paradigm. Without even the slightest inclination to have gained any knowledge whatsoever of that which you speak out against.
02-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Theist, all you have is rhetoric without logic. You're a pretentious asshat who has posed no viable position on anything other than "You're wrong and I'm right!!!!" You bore me.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 3 users Like Phaedrus's post
02-11-2012, 04:29 PM
He works 12 hour nights.
Every week he screws up his sleep cycle, and all his other internal clocks, and hormone cycles.
At his age he needs to stop that nonsense. Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche