I am a Christian--again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2012, 06:26 PM
RE: I am a Christian--again
(02-11-2012 06:24 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 06:02 PM)Debzilla Wrote:  Atheism for me is a result of lack of evidence for the Gods. Any evidence.

Imagination, wishful thinking, and stories are not evidence. Those go in the "fiction" isle.
What would you consider evidence for the Gods?
Whatcha got?

I've looked far and wide, ain't seen it yet.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2012, 06:49 PM
(02-11-2012 02:58 PM)Egor Wrote:  The idea that you can maintain your character and reject Christ ... is also incompatible.

Well, that's utter and complete bullshit. But even allowing it, what makes you think atheists necessarily reject Christ? Why can't I consume it, digest it, absorb it, and become it? 'Cause that what I did. That's what Dude said I should do. That's kinda what being my own personal Jesus is all about.

I dunno whether you're afraid that there is no God or that you will not survive yourself and the promise of some sorta postmortem preservation of identity is not only untenable but utterly unimaginable, but my money's on the latter.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
02-11-2012, 07:36 PM
(02-11-2012 05:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  You have no idea of what my knowledge encompasses. Your assumption that I don't have knowledge of religion or belief is a sure sign of your arrogance and ignorance.

Do you really think, that in any way, there is even the remotest possibility of that being?

Do you really think that transparently? Shallow . . .
02-11-2012, 07:40 PM
(02-11-2012 07:36 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 05:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  You have no idea of what my knowledge encompasses. Your assumption that I don't have knowledge of religion or belief is a sure sign of your arrogance and ignorance.

Do you really think, that in any way, there is even the remotest possibility of that being?

What does that even mean?

[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
02-11-2012, 07:43 PM
(02-11-2012 06:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 02:58 PM)Egor Wrote:  The idea that you can maintain your character and reject Christ ... is also incompatible.

Well, that's utter and complete bullshit. But even allowing it, what makes you think atheists necessarily reject Christ? Why can't I consume it, digest it, absorb it, and become it? 'Cause that what I did. That's what Dude said I should do. That's kinda what being my own personal Jesus is all about.

I dunno whether you're afraid that there is no God or that you will not survive yourself and the promise of some sorta postmortem preservation of identity is not only untenable but utterly unimaginable, but my money's on the latter.

Y'all better not listen to this. There might be too much truth in it, or too much shit. Shit is truth sometimes though too. You gotta watch out for the hom'sexuals and biggot sombitches that have a voice when you can't think for yourself.

You can't help but be insulted by the requiem of the dream. The landslide. Circle around again and you will find a bloke that has a we be smarter than thee. And the ones that laugh in the shadow.

Bitches.
02-11-2012, 07:48 PM
(02-11-2012 07:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 07:36 PM)The Theist Wrote:  Do you really think, that in any way, there is even the remotest possibility of that being?

What does that even mean?

Well, it sort of means nothing, Chas. Imagine Boy George in a county jail uniform with a pooper scooper cleaning up the streets.

Fuck the ego. And free your mind.

Something like that. If you think it wears a suit with a thousand dollar haircut you got fucked already.

The phony Christian show is at least a great deal more entertaining than that.

You know what I mean? Of course you do. You are so smart. You have been taught to think a certain way that inflates your, well inflatable fuckable quasi ego. Right? I know!
02-11-2012, 07:49 PM
(02-11-2012 07:43 PM)The Theist Wrote:  Circle around again and you will find a bloke that has a we be smarter than thee. And the ones that laugh in the shadow.
Delusions of grandeur are ARE normally associated with Dunning-Kruger.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
02-11-2012, 07:54 PM
(02-11-2012 07:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 07:43 PM)The Theist Wrote:  Circle around again and you will find a bloke that has a we be smarter than thee. And the ones that laugh in the shadow.
Delusions of grandeur are ARE normally associated with Dunning-Kruger.
Is that anything like Ben & Jerry. Or this entire forum scampering around cause they can't figure out how to post.

Overeducated atheists like you ought to learn how to keep your fucking pie hole shut in case any one with any real sense comes around to set you on your prissy stupid asses.

Keep that in mind. Dumb ass.
02-11-2012, 08:00 PM
(02-11-2012 07:54 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 07:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Delusions of grandeur are ARE normally associated with Dunning-Kruger.
Is that anything like Ben & Jerry. Or this entire forum scampering around cause they can't figure out how to post.

Overeducated atheists like you ought to learn how to keep your fucking pie hole shut in case any one with any real sense comes around to set you on your prissy stupid asses.

Keep that in mind. Dumb ass.
So you have descended to name calling and insults. I guess that's the best you've got, your true colors.

[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
02-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Overeducated

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Is that really a thing? I know of undereducated. That can be a problem, but I wasn't aware of an abundance of education really causing an issue.[/font]

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post