I am a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2016, 11:37 AM
RE: I am a Christian
*Double Post*

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2016, 12:21 PM
(03-03-2016 11:25 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 11:23 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Ive stood on graves to take photos....is that evil?

Yes.Big Grin

This pleases me. Evil_monster
04-03-2016, 12:22 PM
Holy amazeballs the christian came back. Someone call the vatican!
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
04-03-2016, 12:23 PM
(04-03-2016 06:33 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  1. You do not choose your beliefs. Your beliefs are a result of the information and ideas in your mind. You are convinced that an idea is true. You cannot decide what you believe.

This is a perplexing and interesting thought to me, i read this in this post and had to stop to respond. I think that you do choose beliefs because you choose which information and ideas to accept as rational in your mind.

I get that you are convinced by maybe whoever is telling you the information. but i cant get over the idea that your decision of what you want to believe actually creates the ideas, and puts blinders on you from the information in your head. not the other way around. that's just my view, i cant prove it anymore than i can prove my neurons firing over the internet, but it may just be correct.
04-03-2016, 12:25 PM
(04-03-2016 12:23 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 06:33 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  1. You do not choose your beliefs. Your beliefs are a result of the information and ideas in your mind. You are convinced that an idea is true. You cannot decide what you believe.

This is a perplexing and interesting thought to me, i read this in this post and had to stop to respond. I think that you do choose beliefs because you choose which information and ideas to accept as rational in your mind.

I get that you are convinced by maybe whoever is telling you the information. but i cant get over the idea that your decision of what you want to believe actually creates the ideas, and puts blinders on you from the information in your head. not the other way around. that's just my view, i cant prove it anymore than i can prove my neurons firing over the internet, but it may just be correct.

Make yourself believe that if you step off a skyscrapper you'll fly and not fall. If you can decide what to believe that shouldnt be a problem, then take a step.

You do not choose what you believe.
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
04-03-2016, 12:29 PM
(04-03-2016 12:22 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Holy amazeballs the christian came back. Someone call the vatican!

I'm not impressed by this christian. He seems just like all the rest.

He seems badly versed in religatrdology in general and badly educated.

As my old mum used to say 'Nor use nor ornament'.

He keeps trying to impress his view of us upon us so as not to trigger his cognitive dissonance and that just won't do at all. Not at all.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 3 users Like god has no twitter account's post
04-03-2016, 12:32 PM
(04-03-2016 12:29 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 12:22 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Holy amazeballs the christian came back. Someone call the vatican!

He seems badly versed in religatrdology in general and badly educated.

He keeps trying to impress his view of us upon us so as not to trigger his cognitive dissonance and that just won't do at all. Not at all.

I'm just shocked when the rare one wanders back into the rancor pit.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
04-03-2016, 12:34 PM
(03-03-2016 10:16 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 01:14 AM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  I was viewing a particular thread about how a user was banned from christianChat.com, a website i dont care so much for, but i digress.

the person in the thread went about pumping his fist for getting banned for attacking the beliefs of another person as if a hero who had accomplished something.

are all atheist such that they would celebrate that they have caused a christian to view them as pushy, insulting and childish? i would hope not. where are the rational and worthwhile atheists who actually are worth talking to?

as a christian who wants to debate, i would only celebrate if one of the parties comes to a deeper understanding, and we mutually learn something worthwhile, or at least one of the parties debating.

Sometimes the first step is to find out where the boundaries of someone's comfort zone are. A lot of Christians (and theists in general) have very narrow boundaries. For those people, step 2 is to make them uncomfortable in the hope that they will actually think about what is being said. A lot of times they don't and simply shut down or block you or get pissed off.

One could try and approach it in a less abrasive way, but you know what? That method doesn't tend to work any better to generate meaningful conversation with most theists. Why? Because most of them don't tend to want to think about their beliefs in any way even remotely similar to how we view them. Most theists want their religious beliefs validated by us in some way, which seems to be the reason that a lot of them engage in debates with atheists.

For instance, why are you here? What purpose do you see in conversations with atheists about your religious beliefs? What purpose do you see in conversations about conversations between atheists and theists?

Despite not being able to respond to all the comments in this thread, i am reading all of them. i am observing some people who have some desire to share their beliefs, some who are not trying to do anything that achieve a victorious "i stumped that guy" feeling, and some who are people.

i am most interested in the people, the ones who intellect is interesting, but the hearts is more interesting. the ones that actually care about others, are the ones worth listening to. in my opinion.

I am here to either convince someone that christianity is not what they thought hopefully for the better, to learn something about the atheistic viewpoints, or to learn something in general.
04-03-2016, 12:43 PM
(04-03-2016 12:34 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 10:16 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Sometimes the first step is to find out where the boundaries of someone's comfort zone are. A lot of Christians (and theists in general) have very narrow boundaries. For those people, step 2 is to make them uncomfortable in the hope that they will actually think about what is being said. A lot of times they don't and simply shut down or block you or get pissed off.

One could try and approach it in a less abrasive way, but you know what? That method doesn't tend to work any better to generate meaningful conversation with most theists. Why? Because most of them don't tend to want to think about their beliefs in any way even remotely similar to how we view them. Most theists want their religious beliefs validated by us in some way, which seems to be the reason that a lot of them engage in debates with atheists.

For instance, why are you here? What purpose do you see in conversations with atheists about your religious beliefs? What purpose do you see in conversations about conversations between atheists and theists?

Despite not being able to respond to all the comments in this thread, i am reading all of them. i am observing some people who have some desire to share their beliefs, some who are not trying to do anything that achieve a victorious "i stumped that guy" feeling, and some who are people.

i am most interested in the people, the ones who intellect is interesting, but the hearts is more interesting. the ones that actually care about others, are the ones worth listening to. in my opinion.

I am here to either convince someone that christianity is not what they thought hopefully for the better, to learn something about the atheistic viewpoints, or to learn something in general.

I hope that you will learn the value of evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-03-2016, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2016 12:52 PM by adey67.)
(04-03-2016 12:29 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  

He seems badly versed and badly educated.

I tried to warn him but to no avail, I told him this would happen but he would not listen he has no better ideas than any other christian apologist. I said he would be raped unmercifully by you guys but he continued and his holes were violated as well they should be, and he suddenly disappeared when questions became too tough claiming the need for sleep. Christian presuppositional apologists are fucking stupid. And how fucking dare he tell me I do not care fore people how fucking arrogant is that ask anyone and they will tell you I have a great love for people... Yet more obfuscation from him