I am a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2016, 01:17 PM
RE: I am a Christian
Can I just put this thread on pause for a second.

Void - you are either taking the piss or are incredibly uneducated or stupid. At this stage, I reserve judgement.

If you wish to be taken seriously by any of us, you will need to seriously up your game.

You are looking a complete and utter pillock. If that offends, so what.

You appear, right now, to know nothing about anything.

If you continue to act like a pillock, then don't complain when you are treated like one.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like god has no twitter account's post
04-03-2016, 01:19 PM
(04-03-2016 01:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  [Image: agnostic_chart.png?w=474&h=458]

shall i make a chart intersecting theism and atheism and label it such?:

One who believes in God not being God.

it would make just as much sense as someone who claims there is a God and claims they don't know if there is a God also.

but hey, the chart said it, it must be true.
04-03-2016, 01:20 PM
(04-03-2016 01:17 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Can I just put this thread on pause for a second.

Void - you are either taking the piss or are incredibly uneducated or stupid. At this stage, I reserve judgement.

If you wish to be taken seriously by any of us, you will need to seriously up your game.

If you continue to act like a pillock, then don't complain when you are treated like one.

Damn right on all counts you are passive aggressive and no different to many theists you claim don't represent you
04-03-2016, 01:21 PM
(04-03-2016 01:17 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Can I just put this thread on pause for a second.

are you upset that i was unable to respond to your replies? truth is the post is growing faster than i can read it, much less type replies to it.

seriously up my game to what? i am not playing a game. im just here being me to see what you are about. and i am seeing exactly that.
04-03-2016, 01:21 PM
(04-03-2016 01:09 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 08:16 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Sorry, but you dont get to just re-define the term "atheism" at will (irrespective of literal translation). At least not for the rest of mankind.

May i ask a final question: What would change your mind about the existence of your/a/any deity?

i don't think I am the one redefining atheism to suit myself, i feel like whoever is arguing from logic and claiming to be be an atheist is attempting to do that, particularly those who are claiming to to be atheists who don't know if there is a God. (who are not atheist at all, but agnostic.) but to say this is not why i wanted to reply to you.

to answer this question let me start, this is a great question.

what would it take? It would take me, personally looking around and seeing a logical explanation that i can comprehend for humans to have gotten to the point we are at. I love to write scripts, and AI is an interesting concept to me. to make a real AI, i would need to created a large amount of code that is capable of processing, storing and modifying information. before i can do that, i would need to come up with subroutines to deal with a lot of garbage information. it can take me hours to fine tune a code to do something as simple as that, it would take me a year to make just that subroutine if i set my mind to doing it well enough to compare to what our dna does.

but then, if i wanted to make the code able to take parts of itself, recombine with another code and then copy its program spreading itself, it would be beyond my ability given 30,000 years of working on it. i guess i could take that number and multiply it by infinity and maybe just maybe i could hope all this code will one day fall into place, but that would be silly.

so what would it take? it would take me seeing a likely explanation, not an unlikely one(such as we haven't got one so infinite time covers it), that humans could have gotten to where we are today. that would be the core of it. however, i have studied enough of biblical prophesy to see some of it come true in recent years. i would need to be convinced that of the proof i have seen for god, all of it was a fluke and my misunderstanding.

hmm what else. i would need to actually like the ideas that replaced it for me to honestly consider the argument, some of this is based in rationality, while a small amount is emotion. i am a largely logical person, but this is still what it would take.

So, cutting to the chase, you have no idea how we got here so 'it were god what dunnit'.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
04-03-2016, 01:25 PM
(04-03-2016 01:20 PM)adey67 Wrote:  

Damn right on all counts you are passive aggressive and no different to many theists you claim don't represent you

just to clarify, i am passive aggressive. It is my nature to be. That being said, i know just enough about things to be human, not a brilliant person that i suppose you wish i were. also, i would like to eliminate my aggressiveness and be passive if that were possible.

No, im just another guy, spending too much time on forums.
04-03-2016, 01:30 PM
(04-03-2016 01:21 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  

are you upset that i was unable to respond to your replies? truth is the post is growing faster than i can read it, much less type replies to it.

seriously up my game to what? i am not playing a game. im just here being me to see what you are about. and i am seeing exactly that.

You claim that gravity and radioactivity are dimensions. How stupid are you?

You don't appear to have the mental capacity to assess anything about us - or anything else for that matter. Little wonder that you believe in a sky wizard that, 'lives in another dimension'.

[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
04-03-2016, 01:33 PM
(04-03-2016 12:34 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 10:16 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Sometimes the first step is to find out where the boundaries of someone's comfort zone are. A lot of Christians (and theists in general) have very narrow boundaries. For those people, step 2 is to make them uncomfortable in the hope that they will actually think about what is being said. A lot of times they don't and simply shut down or block you or get pissed off.

One could try and approach it in a less abrasive way, but you know what? That method doesn't tend to work any better to generate meaningful conversation with most theists. Why? Because most of them don't tend to want to think about their beliefs in any way even remotely similar to how we view them. Most theists want their religious beliefs validated by us in some way, which seems to be the reason that a lot of them engage in debates with atheists.

For instance, why are you here? What purpose do you see in conversations with atheists about your religious beliefs? What purpose do you see in conversations about conversations between atheists and theists?

Despite not being able to respond to all the comments in this thread, i am reading all of them. i am observing some people who have some desire to share their beliefs, some who are not trying to do anything that achieve a victorious "i stumped that guy" feeling, and some who are people.

i am most interested in the people, the ones who intellect is interesting, but the hearts is more interesting. the ones that actually care about others, are the ones worth listening to. in my opinion.

I am here to either convince someone that christianity is not what they thought hopefully for the better, to learn something about the atheistic viewpoints, or to learn something in general.

" i am observing some people who have some desire to share their beliefs, some who are not trying to do anything that achieve a victorious "i stumped that guy" feeling, and some who are people."

You seem to be forgetting that you are on an atheist site and are trying to assign motivation to people's replies when you have no actual way of determining their motivation at all.

"i am most interested in the people, the ones who intellect is interesting..."

I don't know what this means. How does one define an "interesting intellect" to a person?

"...but the hearts is more interesting."

Don't know what that means either. If you are hoping that appeals to emotion rather than logic are a better way to communicate factual information, you'll find yourself sorely disappointed here (or in discussions with atheists in general more likely).

"I am here to either convince someone that christianity is not what they thought hopefully for the better..."

You're presuming many of us haven't been christians before. You're now in "no true scotsman" territory, or dangerously close.

"...to learn something about the atheistic viewpoints...

Lack of a belief in god/belief no god(s) exist. That is the atheistic viewpoint.

One of the reasons you'll likely find atheists being curt or blunt with their replies, is that we often get tired of the religious presuming to know things about us. Like our motivations, like you have assumed in many cases already. The religious often act as if they have special knowledge about ourselves that even we don't have, which is factually bullshit. There is no way to civilly converse with someone when you have to tell them that they don't know you, don't know the intent or motivation behind what you have posted, and that their interpretation of your words is subject to their own bias more than it is the actual intent of what was written.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
04-03-2016, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2016 01:57 PM by adey67.)
(04-03-2016 01:25 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 01:20 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Damn right on all counts you are passive aggressive and no different to many theists you claim don't represent you

just to clarify, i am passive aggressive. It is my nature to be. That being said, i know just enough about things to be human, not a brilliant person that i suppose you wish i were. also, i would like to eliminate my aggressiveness and be passive if that were possible.

No, im just another guy, spending too much time on forums.

Why would I wish you to be brilliant? That doesn't benefit me over you and makes no sense.
Its your nature to be passive aggressive? Ok we have pretty strong evidence that god is more than passive aggressive and yet in a dichotomy Jesus tells us not to be how do you work that one out ?
04-03-2016, 01:48 PM
Void

Please desist from this stupidity. You are getting crucified.

Suggest doing the reading that I told you about and then come back and we'll have a more fruitful discussion. Until then, I can only see this thread deteriorating if you persist.

Personally, I can't see what is to be gained by continuing any further. I am therefore bowing out of this thread.

I wish that I could say that I gained from this experience, I really do, except that I now understand, I think, how you christians deal with your cognitive dissonance. You project your thoughts on any situation which causes any potential cognitive dissonance not to be generated.