I am a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2016, 02:18 PM
RE: I am a Christian
This post never really had a clear topic, and i didnt intend it to have a clear topic. I have moved off course to just speak about various things, and maybe if have baffled some as to why.

truth is, i dont have a real reason, im just killing a bit of time and stating a few things i believe. maybe im learning about how to talk to large numbers of people at a time in the process, but that wasnt my original goal.

maybe this conversation should have gone somewhere if it were focused and between less people...

but honestly i wasnt going to take it too far myself. i just wanted to see how people reacted to the original accusation that some, though not all atheists, act poorly. and some do, but most , though not all on this post, have been a bit more rational than i expected.

anyway i dont have time to continue reading as it costs hours to keep up with this post. and i dont have hours.

so later days nice people. i may return for a much slower pace discussion with fewer people one day.

you who responded intelligently, keep on being you. you who mock and insult... well i guess you should be someone else. anyway thanks for all the fish and whatnot.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like VoidAndNull's post
04-03-2016, 02:19 PM
(04-03-2016 01:25 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 01:20 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Damn right on all counts you are passive aggressive and no different to many theists you claim don't represent you

just to clarify, i am passive aggressive. It is my nature to be. That being said, i know just enough about things to be human, not a brilliant person that i suppose you wish i were. also, i would like to eliminate my aggressiveness and be passive if that were possible.

No, im just another guy, spending too much time on forums.

Jesus didn't convert the prostitutes and tax collectors and other sinners by insulting them. Your behavior so far is what I think of as Christian (condescending, hypocritical, and off-putting) but far from Christ-like. I'm a missionary's kid. I've seen a lot of Christians who just can't hack the Christ thing.

But I have no problem with your defining yourself as a Christian, even if you're not really following your Christ. Westboro types: Christians. Mormons: Christians. Catholics: Christians, including the pedophile priests. Fortunately, the dictionary definition of Christian is broad enough to include all of you. Kind of like the dictionary definition of atheism, which lists both "disbelief" and "lack of belief," is broad enough to include those atheists on this site who are intellectually agnostic (many of us) and those who affirm that there is no god.

Spreading the good news also does not involve telling people you have just met and don't know at all that they are just angry with god, so they aren't really atheists, they're just petulant. That's condescending, as well as mistaken factually. As well, it's incredibly dismissive of people's personal experiences that have led them to be repelled by the character of god as presented in the Bible and the way humans use god and religion as justifications to do awful things to one another. Yet at the same time you're asking us to respect your opinions and experiences.

If your time would be better used elsewhere, please do not waste it here. We'll continue to muddle through. Somehow.
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
04-03-2016, 02:26 PM
(04-03-2016 02:07 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 01:56 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Is it me or is he 90% non-sequiturs and word salad?

non-sequiturs implies argument following an argument. im not really arguing to build a strong case, just a meager one. More like provocation of thought actually, more than a case.

"I'm not actually making arguments, so you can't critique the things I say."
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
04-03-2016, 02:27 PM
My apologies, I said I was done her. I should have asked but forgot.

Adey67 makes a very valid point. A number of forum members, including myself, have visited christian forums and were most polite. We followed the rules. We did, however, question their belief system although, as I said, politely and with respect.

We were all banned from the christian forums. No warning was given.

I don't know about the others but I was banned for life.

My details were passed to every christian forum on the net as far as I can determine because I cannot register with any of the ones that I have tried.

Unless you do something extreme, it is unlikely that you will be banned from this forum. I would not wish you to be banned either - even though I disagree with you.

We are the ones who, supposedly, are intolerant and are just a bunch of evil devil-worshipers. Yet, we do not ban you.

You christians, on the other hand, ban us if we even think atheist, even though you are supposed to be tolerant and forgiving.

You care to explain?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 2 users Like god has no twitter account's post
04-03-2016, 02:42 PM
Quote:...but most , though not all on this post, have been a bit more rational than i expected

My diagnosis: Another severe case of Dunning-Kruger.

After pages and pages of demonstration that he has no clue what he is talking about (physics, evolution, etc.), after lots of incoherent posts and fallacies like "no true scotsman", he thinks he can judge the rationality of other posters in this thread.

I actually wonder what exactly he expected here. Even worse drivel than his own?
The arrogance with slight condescension....just adds perfectly to the Dunning-Kruger at hand. Or is it always part of it when guys like this come in here?
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
04-03-2016, 02:44 PM
(04-03-2016 02:27 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Adey67 makes a very valid point. A number of forum members, including myself, have visited christian forums and were most polite. We followed the rules. We did, however, question their belief system although, as I said, politely and with respect.

We were all banned from the christian forums. No warning was given.

Yeah, same happened to me. Not only was I polite, I was specifically told that me being police was more dangerous than me being combative. Following their rules and disagreeing with them is a bigger threat to them than me disagreeing and breaking the rules.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
04-03-2016, 02:46 PM

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
04-03-2016, 02:52 PM
(04-03-2016 02:18 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  truth is, i dont have a real reason, im just killing a bit of time and stating a few things i believe.

[Image: tumblr_kxunmtLIm61qatjhmo1_1280.png]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
04-03-2016, 02:52 PM
Yawn. I thought this one might be interesting. Oh well.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-03-2016, 03:14 PM
(04-03-2016 04:06 AM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  I am a genuine christian at least.

as for a young earth creationist, i believe that time travels differently in different parts of space, and that gravity effects it.

of course, einstein is where i got this theory from.

Just did this one. Please don't abuse relativity this way. It doesn't end well for anybody.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.