I am a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2016, 03:24 PM
RE: I am a Christian
I just went to bible.com and typed "free speech" into the search engine. Here is the answer:

Search results for: free speech

We couldn't find anything to match your criteria. Try widening your search.

Big Grin

I then typed in Free Will. I got this word salad. Notice the absence of Free will?

Search results for: free will

Exodus 21:11 (KJV)
And if he do not these three unto her, then shall she go out free without money.
John 8:36 (KJV)
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Galatians 4:26 (KJV)
But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Galatians 4:31 (KJV)
So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.
Job 3:19 (KJV)
The small and great are there; and the servant is free from his master.
Psalms 105:20 (KJV)
The king sent and loosed him; even the ruler of the people, and let him go free.
John 8:32 (KJV)
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
1 Corinthians 9:19 (KJV)
For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
Exodus 21:5 (KJV)
And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:
Numbers 5:28 (KJV)
And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed.
Deuteronomy 15:13 (KJV)
And when thou sendest him out free from thee, thou shalt not let him go away empty:
Matthew 17:26 (KJV)
Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.
Romans 6:18 (KJV)
Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Romans 6:20 (KJV)
For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
2 Thessalonians 3:1 (KJV)
Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:
1 Peter 2:16 (KJV)
As free, and not using your liberty for a cloak of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
Exodus 21:2 (KJV)
If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.
Exodus 21:26 (KJV)
And if a man smite the eye of his servant, or the eye of his maid, that it perish; he shall let him go free for his eye's sake.
Exodus 21:27 (KJV)
And if he smite out his manservant's tooth, or his maidservant's tooth; he shall let him go free for his tooth's sake.
Job 39:5 (KJV)
Who hath sent out the wild ass free? or who hath loosed the bands of the wild ass?
Psalms 51:12 (KJV)
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
Psalms 88:5 (KJV)
Free among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, whom thou rememberest no more: and they are cut off from thy hand.
Jeremiah 34:10 (KJV)
Now when all the princes, and all the people, which had entered into the covenant, heard that every one should let his manservant, and every one his maidservant, go free, that none should serve themselves of them any more, then they obeyed, and let them go.
Matthew 15:6 (KJV)
And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
John 8:33 (KJV)
They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

It used to say "There is no free will in the bible." I then wrote about it on Landover and they changed the site to list any verse with the word Free.

Such liars. Both to themselves and others.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2016, 03:26 PM
(04-03-2016 02:44 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 02:27 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Adey67 makes a very valid point. A number of forum members, including myself, have visited christian forums and were most polite. We followed the rules. We did, however, question their belief system although, as I said, politely and with respect.

We were all banned from the christian forums. No warning was given.

Yeah, same happened to me. Not only was I polite, I was specifically told that me being police was more dangerous than me being combative. Following their rules and disagreeing with them is a bigger threat to them than me disagreeing and breaking the rules.

They've told their followers that we are all angry and vile monsters so they can't have the narrative corrupted by polite and thoughtful atheists. It tells us something of what they are like, their character that they ban people for disagreeing.

I was on freerepublic.com years ago, not the one I was banned from however.. They wanted to have an atheist bashing thread without atheists allowed to defend themselves. I was told that my "atheist bilge wasn't welcomed and if I persisted they would take action. I told them that I would respect their wishes, after all it is a private site, and to go ahead and delete my account. That was about 5 years ago. I knew I wouldn't be able to stop myself from responding to some of the things written about atheists on that site. But the religious forum is protected. I respect their right to have their own rules but I also think they are a bunch of pussies. Bunch of cowardly pussies.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
04-03-2016, 03:55 PM
(04-03-2016 12:34 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  I am here to either convince someone that christianity is not what they thought hopefully for the better, to learn something about the atheistic viewpoints, or to learn something in general.

Sorry to say but so far you'vehit some of the worse stereotypes and succeeded only in confirming that you're pretty much par for the course as theists go around here.

(04-03-2016 05:36 AM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  Atheism is a belief that there is not a God.

This stereotype. We get this all the time from theists that simply don't know better. You've started poorly by making an assumption about something you don't properly understand and gone downhill by insisting that your assumption is correct. I suggest that you drop the matter as it's pretty much guaranteed to influence people without making any friends whatsoever.

Try the following:

- Christian: I believe in God and Jesus Christ.
- Muslim: I believe in Allah and the Prophet Muhammed.
- Athenian (~700 BC): I believe in Zeus, Athena, Apollo...
- Worshipper of Pele: I believe in the Volcano Godess and her Divine Wrath.
- Atheist: I do not believe in God.

So, which of these statements doesn't tell you what the individual believes?

What you are describing is more accurately labelled an anti-theist.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 8 users Like Paleophyte's post
04-03-2016, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2016 05:07 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Interesting. He has no ability at all to respond to ANY points made in my posts.
Nice to see he was stumped. Of course we know more about his cult than he does, and FAR more about the Bible than he ever will.
I get that people who don't know much about science (no one who did, could EVER be a YEC), and there are all kinds of Christians
who have THEMSELVES written books debunking that nonsense, (including Dr. Kenneth R Miller), would be afraid to get into it.
If he came here to do soft-ball pretend debates with those he thinks are "nice", he should go to a therapist, instead.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-03-2016, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2016 04:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-03-2016 03:55 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 12:34 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  I am here to either convince someone that christianity is not what they thought hopefully for the better, to learn something about the atheistic viewpoints, or to learn something in general.

Sorry to say but so far you'vehit some of the worse stereotypes and succeeded only in confirming that you're pretty much par for the course as theists go around here.

(04-03-2016 05:36 AM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  Atheism is a belief that there is not a God.

This stereotype. We get this all the time from theists that simply don't know better. You've started poorly by making an assumption about something you don't properly understand and gone downhill by insisting that your assumption is correct. I suggest that you drop the matter as it's pretty much guaranteed to influence people without making any friends whatsoever.

Try the following:

I believe in Bob. And Slack. And that the Dude abides. Drinking Beverage

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-03-2016, 04:04 PM
(04-03-2016 04:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 03:55 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Sorry to say but so far you'vehit some of the worse stereotypes and succeeded only in confirming that you're pretty much par for the course as theists go around here.

Try the following:

I believe in Bob. And Slack. And the Dude. Drinking Beverage

Me too. The Holy Trinity.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
04-03-2016, 04:20 PM
We don't know about xianity? I studied the babble. I bet this OP did not.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
04-03-2016, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2016 06:38 PM by adey67.)
(04-03-2016 02:27 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  My apologies, I said I was done her. I should have asked but forgot.

Adey67 makes a very valid point. A number of forum members, including myself, have visited christian forums and were most polite. We followed the rules. We did, however, question their belief system although, as I said, politely and with respect.

We were all banned from the christian forums. No warning was given.

I don't know about the others but I was banned for life.

My details were passed to every christian forum on the net as far as I can determine because I cannot register with any of the ones that I have tried.

Unless you do something extreme, it is unlikely that you will be banned from this forum. I would not wish you to be banned either - even though I disagree with you.

We are the ones who, supposedly, are intolerant and are just a bunch of evil devil-worshipers. Yet, we do not ban you.

You christians, on the other hand, ban us if we even think atheist, even though you are supposed to be tolerant and forgiving.

You care to explain?

He wont because he can't he will likely blame either the devil or us Laugh out load After all this is the guy who thinks radioactivity is an extra dimension Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
04-03-2016, 07:05 PM
(04-03-2016 01:09 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  anyway i dont have time to continue reading as it costs hours to keep up with this post. and i dont have hours.

So... comes in asserting that only his definitions and understanding of atheism are correct and those of us who have thought deeply about what we do and do not believe for many years are incorrect because he will only accept his narrow definitions... makes vague pseudo-scientific claims about time in order to not have to think about many religious claims being obvious nonsense... presents argument-from-ignorance and argument-from-personal-incredulity as reasons to believe... waves away alternate beliefs on the grounds that they aren't compatible with preconceptions... won't spend any time trying to support his claims...

how very Christian
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
04-03-2016, 07:35 PM
Hardcore Christians are very funny.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes