I am a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2016, 07:45 PM
RE: I am a Christian
(04-03-2016 07:35 PM)Leo Wrote:  Hardcore Christians are very funny.

.. but he's a "true" Christian.
Isn't that special.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-03-2016, 09:43 PM
(04-03-2016 01:19 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 01:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  [Image: agnostic_chart.png?w=474&h=458]

shall i make a chart intersecting theism and atheism and label it such?:

One who believes in God not being God.

it would make just as much sense as someone who claims there is a God and claims they don't know if there is a God also.

but hey, the chart said it, it must be true.

Apparently you don't understand that those are independent variables and are orthogonal to each other.

The diagram is informational.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-03-2016, 09:58 PM
The word "god" has no meaning content.
It is incoherent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism
As an anthropomorphic projection, it's even less than meaningless.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropomorphism

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-03-2016, 11:19 PM
(04-03-2016 09:04 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 08:47 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  If you are an effective debater, you will get banned. At least that's my experience. I was on a Christian forum for a while and one day I couldn't log in. Tried to change my password and couldn't. I was polite, got no warnings or messages from the admin.

Same happened to me.

If they were secure in their beliefs, we wouldn't have been banned.

If they were secure in their beliefs, they wouldn't grant their moderators powers to ban folk. They would trust their god to handle business.

It's kinda like how they pray for health, but still go to the doctor. Never hurts to hedge your bets -- especially when you have a Christian forum to run!

(As a sidenote, I'm pretty sure this is good evidence that there is no Internet in Heaven).
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
05-03-2016, 12:25 AM
(04-03-2016 10:54 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 08:23 AM)Banjo Wrote:  

You know who i pray to? Joe Pesci! Bowing

Any post featuring a George Carlin clip will always get a like from me, no questions asked. Just sayin'.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
05-03-2016, 12:31 AM
This is the most resent post from yourself I can find to reply too.

Hello again!

(04-03-2016 02:18 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  This post never really had a clear topic, and i didn't intend it to have a clear topic. I have moved off course to just speak about various things, and maybe if have baffled some as to why.

No worries, it's the "Say hello and introduce yourself" place, after all.

(04-03-2016 02:18 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  Truth is, I don't have a real reason, I'm just killing a bit of time and stating a few things I believe. maybe I'm learning about how to talk to large numbers of people at a time in the process, but that wasn't my original goal.

No worries. Yah... it can ge a bit over whelming when every one piles in and offers hugs and stuff to the new person. Big Grin

(04-03-2016 02:18 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  Maybe this conversation should have gone somewhere if it were focused and between less people...

Well.. you're just popping in to say 'hi!' so your opening post is probably in the right place. Again, hello back. Smile

(04-03-2016 02:18 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  But honestly I wasn't going to take it too far myself. I just wanted to see how people reacted to the original accusation that some, though not all atheists, act poorly. and some do, but most , though not all on this post, have been a bit more rational than i expected.

Quite understandable, you were just 'testing the waters'. Yes

Again, yo've found a forum with lots of active posters. Congrats. I must admit that a lot of the forums and boards I'm part of can barely muster a couple of posts in ALL per day or so.

(04-03-2016 02:18 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  Anyway I don't have time to continue reading as it costs hours to keep up with this post. And I don't have hours.

Well, sorry that you're time constrained. Here's hoping to things and that you'll keep looking in with maybe the inclination to add a comment or start a thread. You'll also get to see how some of the other people who also believe in religion act and hence maybe come to a fuller understanding of some of the way people here have replied. Yes

(04-03-2016 02:18 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  So later days nice people. i may return for a much slower pace discussion with fewer people one day.

Hug Wishing you and yours all the very best. Big Grin

Once you've looked around the forum, you'll find a couple of places where it can be just one on one. Smile

(04-03-2016 02:18 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  You who responded intelligently, keep on being you. you who mock and insult... well i guess you should be someone else. anyway thanks for all the fish and whatnot.

Yah, I think I understand your frustration at some replies, but really? The written word losses a lot of nuance and really only the masterful few can put the exact words onto medium to incite those exact same feelings in the reader. So... maybe don't add in the written slap to those you find offensive? I can only recommend to ignore them.
[+] 3 users Like Peebothuhul's post
05-03-2016, 12:47 AM
What's really funny is how all these schmucks who claim to believe in an all-powerful god also seem to think that that all-powerful god needs their help to spread the word.

Apparently he cannot be everywhere at once, and must delegate his evangelistic duties.
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
05-03-2016, 04:14 AM
(04-03-2016 01:19 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  shall i make a chart intersecting theism and atheism and label it such?:

One who believes in God not being God.

it would make just as much sense as someone who claims there is a God and claims they don't know if there is a God also.

but hey, the chart said it, it must be true.

[Image: 6628068525_7eb84e6c55.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
05-03-2016, 07:10 AM
(05-03-2016 12:31 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  This is the most resent post from yourself I can find to reply too.

Hello again!

(04-03-2016 02:18 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  This post never really had a clear topic, and i didn't intend it to have a clear topic. I have moved off course to just speak about various things, and maybe if have baffled some as to why.

(04-03-2016 02:18 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  Truth is, I don't have a real reason, I'm just killing a bit of time and stating a few things I believe. maybe I'm learning about how to talk to large numbers of people at a time in the process, but that wasn't my original goal.

No worries. Yah... it can ge a bit over whelming when every one piles in and offers hugs and stuff to the new person. Big Grin

(04-03-2016 02:18 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  Maybe this conversation should have gone somewhere if it were focused and between less people...

Well.. you're just popping in to say 'hi!' so your opening post is probably in the right place. Again, hello back. Smile

(04-03-2016 02:18 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  But honestly I wasn't going to take it too far myself. I just wanted to see how people reacted to the original accusation that some, though not all atheists, act poorly. and some do, but most , though not all on this post, have been a bit more rational than i expected.

Again, yo've found a forum with lots of active posters. Congrats. I must admit that a lot of the forums and boards I'm part of can barely muster a couple of posts in ALL per day or so.

(04-03-2016 02:18 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  Anyway I don't have time to continue reading as it costs hours to keep up with this post. And I don't have hours.

Well, sorry that you're time constrained. Here's hoping to things and that you'll keep looking in with maybe the inclination to add a comment or start a thread. You'll also get to see how some of the other people who also believe in religion act and hence maybe come to a fuller understanding of some of the way people here have replied. Yes

(04-03-2016 02:18 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  So later days nice people. i may return for a much slower pace discussion with fewer people one day.

Once you've looked around the forum, you'll find a couple of places where it can be just one on one. Smile

(04-03-2016 02:18 PM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  You who responded intelligently, keep on being you. you who mock and insult... well i guess you should be someone else. anyway thanks for all the fish and whatnot.

Yah, I think I understand your frustration at some replies, but really? The written word losses a lot of nuance and really only the masterful few can put the exact words onto medium to incite those exact same feelings in the reader. So... maybe don't add in the written slap to those you find offensive? I can only recommend to ignore them.
I started nice gave a welcome and warned him that he would be robustly challenged and maybe he should prepare himself for that. I was real nice but sadly there was a lot of passive aggressive shit in his posts and as you said written slaps, loads of them,you can stand being virtually"slapped" only so many times and in the end I slapped back....hard ! I don't regret my behaviour if I'm wrong I admit it and apologize I've demonstrated that on here several times but this is not one of them and for me to neg rep someone takes a lot I don't like doing it but in this case I have no regrets about doing it, obvious trolls can be quite funny but its the subliminal obsequious ones that I struggle with. If as a man with mental health issues I can comport myself well for the most part there is no excuse for him unless you consider religiosity to be a mental health problem which probably has some merit Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
05-03-2016, 07:32 AM
(05-03-2016 07:10 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(05-03-2016 12:31 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  This is the most resent post from yourself I can find to reply too.

Hello again!

I started nice gave a welcome and warned him that he would be robustly challenged and maybe he should prepare himself for that. I was real nice but sadly there was a lot of passive aggressive shit in his posts and as you said written slaps, loads of them,you can stand being virtually"slapped" only so many times and in the end I slapped back....hard ! I don't regret my behaviour if I'm wrong I admit it and apologize I've demonstrated that on here several times but this is not one of them and for me to neg rep someone takes a lot I don't like doing it but in this case I have no regrets about doing it, obvious trolls can be quite funny but its the subliminal obsequious ones that I struggle with. If as a man with mental health issues I can comport myself well for the most part there is no excuse for him unless you consider religiosity to be a mental health problem which probably has some merit Big Grin

What annoyed me was that he said that he wasn't intelligent and then proceeded to explain to all and sundry what an atheist was and how radioactivity and weight are dimensions. I can see, if I really, really, really try, how he could see that weight was a dimension. No matter how hard I try though, I can't seem to find a way of seeing how radioactivity can be viewed as such. No - I just can't.

It was the claiming that Atheists hate god that really pissed me off though. He could seem to get his head around the fact that one can't hate what doesn't exist.

It seems that, in his world, a paradigm in which god doesn't exist can't exist. He therefore has to translate this to a paradigm in which god is hated. It just shows how brainwashed these people are. It also shows the lengths they have to go to in order to avoid cognitive dissonance.

It's been interesting. Sad. But interesting. It's the only reason he ain't got negative rep from me. He's actually helped me.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 3 users Like god has no twitter account's post