I am a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2016, 02:58 AM
RE: I am a Christian
(03-03-2016 02:55 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 01:14 AM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  as a christian who wants to debate, i would only celebrate if one of the parties comes to a deeper understanding, and we mutually learn something worthwhile, or at least one of the parties debating.

How exactly such so called deeper understanding would look like?

You accept Jesus into your cold heart of course Yes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
03-03-2016, 02:59 AM
(03-03-2016 02:55 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  ...
Where are rational and worthwhile theists? I didn't met even one.

You really need to escape from Poland!

You have my sympathy.

Hug

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
03-03-2016, 03:13 AM
(03-03-2016 02:58 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 02:55 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  How exactly such so called deeper understanding would look like?

You accept Jesus into your cold heart of course Yes

My heart is already taken by comrade Lenin and his cat Wink.

(03-03-2016 02:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 02:55 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  ...
Where are rational and worthwhile theists? I didn't met even one.

You really need to escape from Poland!

You have my sympathy.

Hug

Thanks. But to be fair I'm not exactly looking for having discussions with theist outside of forums. There may be plenty of rational and worthwhile believers out there.

As for escaping I will be spending 6 or more months abroad so I think that I will endure other 6 in my bellowed homeland. Also I can left the country any time I choose and I will certainly do so when individual discrimination of atheist will be possibility. As it stand I can live here without being really bothered about my absence of faith.

Ps. Good exchange rate is another reason for staying.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
03-03-2016, 03:48 AM
(03-03-2016 01:14 AM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  I was viewing a particular thread about how a user was banned from christianChat.com, a website i dont care so much for, but i digress.

the person in the thread went about pumping his fist for getting banned for attacking the beliefs of another person as if a hero who had accomplished something.

are all atheist such that they would celebrate that they have caused a christian to view them as pushy, insulting and childish? i would hope not. where are the rational and worthwhile atheists who actually are worth talking to?

as a christian who wants to debate, i would only celebrate if one of the parties comes to a deeper understanding, and we mutually learn something worthwhile, or at least one of the parties debating.

Last year, or was it the year before?, life flows so quickly these days, I registered with a christian web site. I declared myself as an atheist pretty quickly because I felt that it was the right, proper and honest thing to do. Why? I wanted to understand how they handled their cognitive dissonance, amongst other things. I wasn't 'pushy', I didn't swear and I wasn't impolite in any way, shape or form. My first encounter was pretty mild. However, I couldn't believe or understand what illogical tripe was uttered. I started to 'argue', in the scientific sense, and ... was instantly banned without warning, without course for complaint and without the possibility of the ban ever being lifted. Not only that, it appears that my details were sent to every christian forum on the net because can I register with any other christian forum on the planet? Nope. I understand that this is common practice.

I join atheist forums. Even though they are painted as being ungodly and evil, all can register and post, including theists, and few are banned. In fact, one has to be pretty extreme to be banned. Being a theist isn't extreme, btw. It's illogical, yes but extreme? Nope.

It appears that theists are tolerated, and even welcomed, on atheist forums but atheists are banned from theist forums.

Says it all, doesn't it?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 22 users Like god has no twitter account's post
03-03-2016, 04:21 AM
(03-03-2016 03:48 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  It appears that theists are tolerated, and even welcomed, on atheist forums but atheists are banned from theist forums.

Says it all, doesn't it?

They want our cake but won't let us have any of theirs. Meanies. Angry

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 9 users Like morondog's post
03-03-2016, 04:26 AM
(03-03-2016 03:48 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  It appears that theists are tolerated, and even welcomed, on atheist forums but atheists are banned from theist forums.

Says it all, doesn't it?

When you know the Truth you don't want people saying it's bullshit. Hence the banning.

Certainty breeds intolerance.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
03-03-2016, 04:27 AM
(03-03-2016 04:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Says it all, doesn't it?

They want our cake but won't let us have any of theirs. Meanies. Angry

[Image: 0c7690085d3606f77ad85e8644f16c87.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-03-2016, 05:03 AM
OP Come baaaack Sadcryface Hope he/she hasn't run for the hills yet...

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-03-2016, 05:26 AM
(03-03-2016 05:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  OP Come baaaack Sadcryface Hope he/she hasn't run for the hills yet...

Well, if they don't come back, I get their slice!

[Image: 97363-main.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-03-2016, 05:28 AM
(03-03-2016 05:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  OP Come baaaack Sadcryface Hope he/she hasn't run for the hills yet...

The are probably off trying to deal with their cognitive dissonance cause by all of this tolerance by supposedly intolerant atheists. Laugh out load

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored