I am a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2016, 11:42 AM
RE: I am a Christian
(03-03-2016 11:40 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 11:27 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  It's a pity that the christian has gone.

I wanted to suss out their dissonance. Is that evil?

No more than the destructive inquisitiveness that is a cat.

Wink

.. and I like to fondle christians
like a mousetrap fondles mice.Big Grin

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like god has no twitter account's post
03-03-2016, 12:05 PM
(03-03-2016 11:26 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 11:11 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm evil. I really am! I swear I am. I dance
on dead people's graves just for the hell of it.

Live people have graves?

Tongue

After I'm done dancing the hoochie-coo
on their head they're deader than a door nail. That's how evil I am!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
03-03-2016, 12:21 PM
(03-03-2016 11:08 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 10:58 AM)adey67 Wrote:  That doesn't sound genuine to me I'm sorry to say

Hug

Your opinion is noted.

*Shrug*

I kind of hope they come back.

I also know my opinion is just like every one else's. Wink
Your opinion is important mate Hug
03-03-2016, 09:03 PM
I am a Christian
Feels like a passive-aggressive way of saying, "You're assholes."
[+] 4 users Like Clockwork's post
03-03-2016, 11:33 PM
(03-03-2016 01:14 AM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  I was viewing a particular thread about how a user was banned from christianChat.com, a website i dont care so much for, but i digress.

the person in the thread went about pumping his fist for getting banned for attacking the beliefs of another person as if a hero who had accomplished something.

are all atheist such that they would celebrate that they have caused a christian to view them as pushy, insulting and childish? i would hope not. where are the rational and worthwhile atheists who actually are worth talking to?

as a christian who wants to debate, i would only celebrate if one of the parties comes to a deeper understanding, and we mutually learn something worthwhile, or at least one of the parties debating.

Hi! Welcome to TTA.

For a first post that's jumping right into it. To answer your question, there are jack-asses everywhere. Without context it's hard to say if the jack-ass was an atheist or a Christian.

You'll find all sorts here, from complete loony bastards to utter saints. OK, I lie about the saints. We don't do that, but you get the idea. We have a handful of theists, a lot more former theists and a bunch of life-long infidels. We also have the majority of nationalities represented here, so sooner or later you ought to be able to find somebody interesting to talk to.

A few suggestions if I may?
- Tell us about yourself. Typically people start with a thread in the welcome section but since you've skipped that you might as well use this one. What flavour of Christian are you?
- If you're interested in discussion, the Atheism and Theism section might not be the best place to start. It's where you're going to find the greatest opposition. Check out the other forums and I suspect you'll find something that tickles your interest.
- If it's a debate you want then you might do better with the Boxing Ring. It's for one-on-one and will help keep you from getting mobbed. I suggest that you lurk a bit before starting a thread there though. Read through some of the old threads in the Boxing Ring if you're thinking along those lines.
- Try not to make assumptions. If you're Greek Orthodox and I start treating you like a Seventh Day Adventist you're going to think I'm a bit of a twit. The same notion applies to us. If you're curious, ask. We're not terribly shy.
- Try not to escalate. You're going to get a lot of replies from a whole bunch of people and some of them might be less than civil. If you respond to the loudest jerk in a similar fashion the discussion will go downhill very fast.
- Don't preach. You'd think that would be obvious from the name of the forum but the number of people who don't seem to get that is depressing.

I'm hoping this one comes back. Aside from a critical first post, he's done a better job of it than the majority of Christians we get. It would be nice to get a few more non-fundies in here.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
03-03-2016, 11:37 PM
You have to admit that his chosen user name was pretty appropriate.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
03-03-2016, 11:50 PM
lol at the ack-ack still shooting even as the pigeon has flown away.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
04-03-2016, 12:06 AM
As a christian, I am guessing that you try to model your behavior using christ's behavior as a template.

When you do this, you are consciously destroying your own personality and attempting to replace it with something else. You are giving up your free will in order to become a worker bee who serves the collective hive and of course the Queen.

Welcome to TTA.
We will do our best to give you honest answers.
I know that is something you're not use to, so we'll give you some time to adjust.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
04-03-2016, 02:49 AM
Excuse me, but is that a plank in your eye?

Christians want atheists to burn in hell for an eternity. Atheists want Christians to read another book; and we're the bad guys? Dodgy

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-03-2016, 02:50 AM
(03-03-2016 11:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  lol at the ack-ack still shooting even as the pigeon has flown away.

lol @ friendly fire. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post