I am a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2016, 03:26 AM
RE: I am a Christian
(03-03-2016 11:08 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 10:58 AM)adey67 Wrote:  That doesn't sound genuine to me I'm sorry to say

Hug

Your opinion is noted.

*Shrug*

I kind of hope they come back.

I also know my opinion is just like every one else's. Wink

I mean that the op doesn't sound like he is genuine not you my friend, I know you are genuine Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2016, 04:06 AM
I am a genuine christian at least.

as for a young earth creationist, i believe that time travels differently in different parts of space, and that gravity effects it.

of course, einstein is where i got this theory from.

so to say the world is young might just mean that it went through a period of hyper fluctuating time, when God created all mater. young or old becomes relative in that light.

then again, science says that matter was at one time highly compressed together, and thats where the universe started from. higher matter compression would be higher gravity. so, would that make time go faster or slower acording to einsteins theories?

But aside from my beliefs about time and its tangibility, darkmatter and its effects on time,

i am a genuine christian. its nice to meet all of you.
04-03-2016, 04:12 AM
(04-03-2016 04:06 AM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  I am a genuine christian at least.

as for a young earth creationist, i believe that time travels differently in different parts of space, and that gravity effects it.

so to say the world is young might just mean that it went through a period of hyper fluctuating time, when God created all mater. young or old becomes relative in that light.

then again, science says that matter was at one time highly compressed together, and thats where the universe started from. higher matter compression would be higher gravity. so, would that make time go faster or slower acording to einsteins theories?

But aside from my beliefs about time and its tangibility, darkmatter and its effects on time,

There's brave.

Glad your back.

So, what do you want to discuss?

How we exist without god in our lives?

Where do we obtain our moral guidance from if we don't believe in god?

None of the above?

Your call.

I'm easy.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
04-03-2016, 04:22 AM
Hmm. Well lets talk about atheism.

Atheism is a belief that there is no God, often based on observation of the known universe.

Theism is a belief that there is a God, often based on observation of the known universe.

Now I understand why Christians would want to share the gospel, as they believe that they have found something positive and necessary for humans to believe, but what is the isolated reason for atheist wanting to spread atheism?

this is in fact my argument: Atheists want others to be atheist because of a variety of reasons. The first reason I see is that they hate God, or the idea of God, because it goes against their instincts, core of who they are, or natural self.

If this is true, the bible spells this out, saying that man is set against God, and it would make sense that the selfish arrogance in all of us would strike against the idea of God.

(breather for comments)
04-03-2016, 04:23 AM
(04-03-2016 04:06 AM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  I am a genuine christian at least.

Welcome, we weren't sure you would return, we get a lot of theist drive bys here. I hope you have an enjoyable productive time but be aware you are going to be seriously challenged by some seriously smart people. Your original post did give me pause however, check out a lot of the theist threads on here and you will see that a lot of trolling childish aggressive ad hominem attacks come from religious posters the fact you saw one atheist revelling in a ban from a site that most likely doesn't offer members the same freedom of speech that TTA does doesn't mean all atheists are aggressive jerks, its the behaviour of theists that is generally worse.
04-03-2016, 04:29 AM
(continuing)

So, alternatively if there are other reasons, I'd like to know what they are.

Other things i can think of are that people just want to be on a team, want to believe something that is validated by other people. Then there would be a reason to want others to be atheistic.

i suppose in some cases there is a vendetta against Christians, or a theist, having been hurt by someone...

but none of this really strikes me as a good reason for atheist to be activists about atheism. so, my question to you, sir, is what reason do atheists have to want others to be atheists?

I am critical, but I am also honest, just so you know.
04-03-2016, 04:36 AM
(04-03-2016 04:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Welcome, we weren't sure you would return, we get a lot of theist drive bys here. I hope you have an enjoyable productive time but be aware you are going to be seriously challenged by some seriously smart people. Your original post did give me pause however, check out a lot of the theist threads on here and you will see that a lot of trolling childish aggressive ad hominem attacks come from religious posters the fact you saw one atheist revelling in a ban from a site that most likely doesn't offer members the same freedom of speech that TTA does doesn't mean all atheists are aggressive jerks, its the behaviour of theists that is generally worse.

And i would like to say that i am not seriously smart. I am not even relatively smart. I know just enough to get by, have my own ideas, and enjoy learning and understanding, but am limited by my own faculties.

I have been part of a number of sites that ban non-christians to a degree, many times i have been banned defending the people that did nothing wrong. There are a LOT of people that come in to christian sites with tongue in cheek, actually trying to smile a wily smile while insulting everyone in the room. Worse when an athiest pulls a lot of canned arguments from an anti-christian atheism board, without actually wanting to do anything but troll. So i fully understand that, and maybe even what you guys get here.

If anything, I don't like to be part of websites that wont respect people until they show their bum...

Side note, i like to program scripts and such.
[+] 1 user Likes VoidAndNull's post
04-03-2016, 04:47 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2016 04:54 AM by adey67.)
Theism is a belief that there is a God, often based on observation of the known universe.

You must be looking at a very different universe to the rest of us. Also I'm not sure how you work out we hate something that we believe doesn't exist based on there being no evidence. Its the religion we have problems with not gods because we don't believe in them

We don't want to spread atheism per se we want to increase rationality. Religion is always on the offence stating its doctrines must be followed or else, religion is everywhere and it claims to know things it cannot possibly know uses threats and fearmongering to gain adherence to its principles and stymies critical thinking I could go on ad infinitum. So of course we want to stand up to it it would be irresponsible not to.
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
04-03-2016, 04:55 AM
Accusing atheists of using canned arguments is a bit rich, being as how theists are absolute masters at this practice.
[+] 5 users Like adey67's post
04-03-2016, 04:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2016 05:05 AM by god has no twitter account.)
(04-03-2016 04:22 AM)VoidAndNull Wrote:  Hmm. Well lets talk about atheism.

Atheism is a belief that there is no God, often based on observation of the known universe.

Now I understand why Christians would want to share the gospel, as they believe that they have found something positive and necessary for humans to believe, but what is the isolated reason for atheist wanting to spread atheism?

this is in fact my argument: Atheists want others to be atheist because of a variety of reasons. The first reason I see is that they hate God, or the idea of God, because it goes against their instincts, core of who they are, or natural self.

If this is true, the bible spells this out, saying that man is set against God, and it would make sense that the selfish arrogance in all of us would strike against the idea of God.

(breather for comments)
Firstly, let me correct some of your statements. Atheism isn't a belief system. It is a rejection of the god theory on the basis that it has failed to meet its burden of proof. If you believe that god exists, then there is a burden of proof on you to show that he/she/it exists. If you meet that burden of proof, then we will believe. Why would we do otherwise. It would be illogical.

Secondly, Theism isn't a belief in a god based on observation. There is nothing that I am aware of in the universe that implies a creator. Theism is based on belief - not FACT. If you can offer proof of god, let's hear it. we all could do with a laugh. Many have offered proof in the past. None that I am aware of have ever succeeded.

Thirdly, Atheists do not want to spread atheism as far as I know. I can only speak for myself. I want christians to stop spreading christianity to our young. They are impressionable. In doing so, it teaches them to think irrationally and illogically. Why stop at christianity? Why not teach them that Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, Leprechauns and fairies at the bottom of the garden exist too? There's no more proof that they exist than there is that god exists.

Fourthly, You claim that we hate god. god doesn't exist. How can anyone hate something that doesn't exist?

Lastly, the bible was written by Man in order to control Man. It is pure, unadulterated evil. There are some passages that are disgusting. How anyone, let alone someone who pretends to be about peace, love, forgiveness and understanding, revere it is beyond me.

I would also point out that many of your bible stories are just that - stories. Many have been discredited many times over. Why do christians continue to teach these stories as fact?

I'll stop there and let you respond.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 8 users Like god has no twitter account's post