I am a closet elitist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2012, 07:03 PM
RE: I am a closet elitist.
(01-03-2012 04:10 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Anyone else ever get the feeling that you are, in every way that matters, smarter or better human beings than other people?

Nope. The more educated I become, the stupider I feel.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-03-2012, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 08:19 PM by Erxomai.)
(01-03-2012 05:29 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I am not sure, I suppose I have moments, but mostly no, I am not. I think my online persona reeks a little more of elitism and doesn't truly reflect my IRL self though.

Do you mean you don't make people address you as "Milady" in IRL? Big Grin
Tim, if you're now one of the elites, according to another of your recent threads, you're no longer allowed to be an RP supporter. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
01-03-2012, 08:29 PM
I think that 90% of the population (at the very least) are dumb as fuck. I see no reason to give them any say in anything because I see them all the time waving their opinions about (either in person or TV) and you can almost smell their less-than-50 IQ.

In real life I only know two people who I think are even worthy of having opinions on things. The rest of the population are just sheep who agree with whatever they are told to or people who can formulate opinions but can only see everything individually, they lack the ability to see things as a whole and so their opinions are practically worthless.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
01-03-2012, 09:28 PM
(01-03-2012 08:29 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I think that 90% of the population (at the very least) are dumb as fuck. I see no reason to give them any say in anything because I see them all the time waving their opinions about (either in person or TV) and you can almost smell their less-than-50 IQ.

In real life I only know two people who I think are even worthy of having opinions on things. The rest of the population are just sheep who agree with whatever they are told to or people who can formulate opinions but can only see everything individually, they lack the ability to see things as a whole and so their opinions are practically worthless.

This is why I have a problem with compulsory voting Angry

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
01-03-2012, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 10:35 PM by craniumonempty.)
(01-03-2012 08:29 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I think that 90% of the population (at the very least) are dumb as fuck. I see no reason to give them any say in anything because I see them all the time waving their opinions about (either in person or TV) and you can almost smell their less-than-50 IQ.

If you really think 90% of the people are on the low end of the bell curve, then maybe you need to learn more about how a bell curve works... Just saying.

Granted, in general people seem idiotic, because they keep themselves in a catatonic state or they use their brain power for things like social or entertainment or fashion. If you study some of these people you'll find that they have a higher capacity then you probably care to admit, but they are just focused on other things. I've found that some outwardly idiotic people seem to have a high capacity, but without inspection it would be impossible to tell. Asking them something that you know about isn't a good enough test either. Sometimes, I've been amazed at the knowledge of some people even though I thought otherwise. There are some pretty dumb people out there though, but they aren't quite as common as you might suspect.

What our society seems to focus on (and seems to have priorities in) is probably what makes it hard to discern the IQs of people though.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes craniumonempty's post
01-03-2012, 10:40 PM
(01-03-2012 10:31 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  these people

elitist? moi?

just saying.

hehehe

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
01-03-2012, 10:48 PM
(01-03-2012 10:40 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-03-2012 10:31 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  these people

elitist? moi?

just saying.

hehehe

I was talking about the 90% under 50 that were referred to...

Tongue

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
01-03-2012, 10:57 PM
I'm aloof, generally it's the other people considering me incapable. I'm quite capable, but I don't want to really focus too hard on things. I make plenty of stupid decisions and I'm poor so I on't feel that elite =p

And just to let you know, most people generally have to roll their eyes in public. It's pretty uncommon to find a large group with competence in your same field of competence. No matter what the occassion is.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
02-03-2012, 04:09 AM
(01-03-2012 10:57 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I'm aloof

Be a loof, your country needs loofs; as does this site. Also we need lerts so be alert too.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
02-03-2012, 08:17 AM
(01-03-2012 08:18 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(01-03-2012 05:29 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I am not sure, I suppose I have moments, but mostly no, I am not. I think my online persona reeks a little more of elitism and doesn't truly reflect my IRL self though.

Do you mean you don't make people address you as "Milady" in IRL? Big Grin
Tim, if you're now one of the elites, according to another of your recent threads, you're no longer allowed to be an RP supporter. Big Grin

I think all RP supporters are elitists.

We all know what's best. Big Grin

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain