I am a deep thinker

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2015, 07:28 AM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2015 08:51 AM by qqq.)
RE: I am a deep thinker
As usual, the glue sniffers cannot grasp what sine-wave is. I know that links to defininitions or images still goes over there glue stupor head but it is the minimum I can do, and have done in several threads, in response to their repeated witch doctor voodoo/magic curses.Hobo

The effect of glue on the brain appears to prevent deep thought or cosmic thinking in brains of humans, as well as enhancing any lack of moral integrity, that, may already exist before they began sniffing glue in their lives.Facepalm

When I use the word Universe, they believe that means, shitfuckingbucketface.

..../\/\....
...(......)...
....\^/..

Here above attempt simple texticonic expresssion and end view of my periodic, irregular complex, quasi-sine-wave patter of nodal events that define a tube.

Here is[url=https://www.google.com/search?q=image+of+a+tube&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CCEQsARqFQoTCIjPupf00McCFdIxkgodzD8JiA&biw=1245&bih=633] link to a tube
as my example of cardboard cylinder for toilet paper appears to go over their heads.

gastrulation is also tremendusly difficult for glue stupor brain to grasp.

They think that word means #@*turdfuckershithead.

q3Drinking Beverage q3 Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2015, 07:44 AM
(28-08-2015 12:38 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  All that exists in the natural world is particle based, waves are nothing more than a way we interpret some physics on a broader scale.

Um. AFAIK, no. Wave particle duality is precisely that. Electrons for example have a dual existence as both a wave and a particle.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-08-2015, 08:24 AM
Photons have dual existence as a wave and a particle.

But I was thinking the opposite, in terms of the particulate nature of the world; if M-theory (string theory) is to be believed at all, then everything, even particles, is comprised of oscillating "packets" of energy, and what we perceive as mass is attributed to the Higgs Boson's particular means of vibration in relation to the other collections of strings that make up the rest of the subatomic particles, giving them the ability to "interact" with spacetime in a way we refer to as being solid/massive.

I understand there's quite a bit of contention over whether M-theory holds up at the margins, but I think it's pretty clear that particles are derived from energy waves, not the other way around.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
30-08-2015, 08:35 AM
(30-08-2015 08:24 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I understand there's quite a bit of contention over whether M-theory holds up at the margins, but I think it's pretty clear that particles are derived from energy waves, not the other way around.

Haven't the foggiest amigo. I just pronounce occasionally when it's primary school level stuff Tongue

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-08-2015, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2015 08:54 AM by Cosmic Discourse.)
(30-08-2015 07:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 12:38 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  All that exists in the natural world is particle based, waves are nothing more than a way we interpret some physics on a broader scale.

Um. AFAIK, no. Wave particle duality is precisely that. Electrons for example have a dual existence as both a wave and a particle.
Disclaimer*: I have no formal training in physics and am assuredly a layman, as far as my understanding of some of the finer details (quantum mechanics, wave-particle duality, etc). The following is an excerpt written by Victor Stenger, that probably better expresses the point I was trying to get at:

"Atoms, nuclei, electrons, and quarks are all regarded as particles at some level. At the same time, classical “waves” such as those of light and sound are replaced by localized photons and phonons, respectively, when quantum effects must be considered." – V. Stenger (Skeptical Inquirer: Volume 21.1 - Quantum Quackery)

I could very well be misinterpreting his views. There's also a section in one of his books "The New Atheism", where he discusses subatomic measurements, and makes the statement that waves can be interpreted as particles, depending on the equipment used in measuring and the scale (subatomic) at which the measurements are taking place.

Again, I could very well be misunderstanding, as I must rely on the expertise of minds in the field.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Cosmic Discourse's post
30-08-2015, 08:51 AM
(30-08-2015 08:24 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Photons have dual existence as a wave and a particle.

But I was thinking the opposite, in terms of the particulate nature of the world; if M-theory (string theory) is to be believed at all, then everything, even particles, is comprised of oscillating "packets" of energy, and what we perceive as mass is attributed to the Higgs Boson's particular means of vibration in relation to the other collections of strings that make up the rest of the subatomic particles, giving them the ability to "interact" with spacetime in a way we refer to as being solid/massive.

I understand there's quite a bit of contention over whether M-theory holds up at the margins, but I think it's pretty clear that particles are derived from energy waves, not the other way around.
That sounded like Japanese to me, until I read it back 3-4 times. Clearly, I need to excuse myself from these topics above my pay grade
30-08-2015, 08:54 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave%E2%80...le_duality

Quote:Wave–particle duality is the fact that every elementary particle or quantic entity exhibits the properties of not only particles, but also waves. It addresses the inability of the classical concepts "particle" or "wave" to fully describe the behavior of quantum-scale objects.

Quote:Through the work of Max Planck, Albert Einstein, Louis de Broglie, Arthur Compton, Niels Bohr, and many others, current scientific theory holds that all particles also have a wave nature (and vice versa).[13] This phenomenon has been verified not only for elementary particles, but also for compound particles like atoms and even molecules. For macroscopic particles, because of their extremely short wavelengths, wave properties usually cannot be detected.[14]

Quote:Wave–particle duality is an ongoing conundrum in modern physics. Most physicists accept wave-particle duality as the best explanation for a broad range of observed phenomena; however, it is not without controversy. Alternative views are also presented here. These views are not generally accepted by mainstream physics, but serve as a basis for valuable discussion within the community.
So it's far from settled...

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-08-2015, 08:56 AM
(30-08-2015 08:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave%E2%80...le_duality

Quote:Wave–particle duality is the fact that every elementary particle or quantic entity exhibits the properties of not only particles, but also waves. It addresses the inability of the classical concepts "particle" or "wave" to fully describe the behavior of quantum-scale objects.

Quote:Through the work of Max Planck, Albert Einstein, Louis de Broglie, Arthur Compton, Niels Bohr, and many others, current scientific theory holds that all particles also have a wave nature (and vice versa).[13] This phenomenon has been verified not only for elementary particles, but also for compound particles like atoms and even molecules. For macroscopic particles, because of their extremely short wavelengths, wave properties usually cannot be detected.[14]

Quote:Wave–particle duality is an ongoing conundrum in modern physics. Most physicists accept wave-particle duality as the best explanation for a broad range of observed phenomena; however, it is not without controversy. Alternative views are also presented here. These views are not generally accepted by mainstream physics, but serve as a basis for valuable discussion within the community.
So it's far from settled...
That first part helped more than you know. Can't believe I didn't just do a wiki search.
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmic Discourse's post
30-08-2015, 09:05 AM
I am also not a physicist, so I agree on your principle.

Interesting quotation from Stenger. Thanks for that!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
30-08-2015, 09:08 AM
(29-08-2015 08:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And my time was a piece of wax choking on the splinter.

Jesus, Girly. You just gonna leave that hanging there? Dodgy

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post