I am a walking... well... limping disaster.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2014, 12:42 PM
I am a walking... well... limping disaster.
I'm 32 years old and I'm falling apart.

I kneeled down to plug in my charger. My weight was on my left knee (my good bad knee). I leaned forward a little bit and there was a massive, massive pop followed by a lovely and enjoyable flow of considerable pain.

This wasn't a knuckle crack pop... and I don't think it was scar tissue either because 1) I know what it feels like to break scar tissue after 4 ACL surgeries and 2) and had my ACL surgery on my left knee back in 2000, so I really doubt I have residual scar tissue 14 years later.

Regardless, my knee is throbbing and hurting right now. Flexion and extension hurt pretty badly; but, there isn't any swelling. I did a self ACL test on myself and my knee seems stable. It's not moving around like there is something loose.

Now, I have constant headaches, I'm drunk on Fioricet, and I'm limping around. Awesome.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2014, 12:44 PM
RE: I am a walking... well... limping disaster.
If you were a horse....

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 9 users Like Revenant77x's post
27-05-2014, 12:46 PM
(27-05-2014 12:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  If you were a horse....

I am.

At least that's what QC tells me.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
27-05-2014, 12:47 PM
(27-05-2014 12:42 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm 32 years old and I'm falling apart.

I kneeled down to plug in my charger. My weight was on my left knee (my good bad knee). I leaned forward a little bit and there was a massive, massive pop followed by a lovely and enjoyable flow of considerable pain.

This wasn't a knuckle crack pop... and I don't think it was scar tissue either because 1) I know what it feels like to break scar tissue after 4 ACL surgeries and 2) and had my ACL surgery on my left knee back in 2000, so I really doubt I have residual scar tissue 14 years later.

Regardless, my knee is throbbing and hurting right now. Flexion and extension hurt pretty badly; but, there isn't any swelling. I did a self ACL test on myself and my knee seems stable. It's not moving around like there is something loose.

Now, I have constant headaches, I'm drunk on Fioricet, and I'm limping around. Awesome.

Once a bad knee, always a bad knee.

One tends to sustain injuries repeatedly in a life time once a knee has been operated on. I should know. Your knees never go back to being normal. Caution is advised. Put the darn charger up on top of something. Confused

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-05-2014, 12:48 PM
(27-05-2014 12:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 12:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  If you were a horse....

I am.

At least that's what QC tells me.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
27-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Pick out a nice color and design ahead of time... you don't want to stand in line too long for that cane.

Ice. You'll be fine. Drinking Beverage

Do try to stop doing drugs. Just a suggestion.
You know you want to.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
27-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Sounds like you tore cartilage. Maybe a meniscus. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
27-05-2014, 12:53 PM
If it hurts to bend and straighten your knee, but it isn't accompanied by a lot of swelling, it may be a sprain or you may have torn your meniscus.
27-05-2014, 12:54 PM
(27-05-2014 12:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sounds like you tore cartilage. Maybe a meniscus. Consider

Been there, done that too... four times with the ACL.

Mayhaps. Cartilage, MCLs, and LCLs are vascularized and will cause pain when damaged; ACLs and PCLs aren't and besides the initial pain from the pop, they don't hurt.

I really hope it's not more cartilage. Can't spare much more.

27-05-2014, 12:55 PM
(27-05-2014 12:50 PM)kim Wrote:  Pick out a nice color and design ahead of time... you don't want to stand in line too long for that cane.

Ice. You'll be fine. Drinking Beverage

Do try to stop doing drugs. Just a suggestion.
You know you want to.

I'm going to have a sword cane.

And no, I like drugs.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post