I am amazed at the stupIDITTY...DERRR

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: I am amazed at the stupIDITTY...DERRR
(27-07-2013 02:49 PM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  This was in one of my discussion questions in class.
What should the punishment be?

http://www.krem.com/news/217102501.html
WASHINGTON -- The U.S. Park Police in Washington say the Lincoln Memorial has been temporarily closed after someone splattered a splash of green paint on the statue.

Police say the apparent vandalism was discovered around 1:30 a.m. Friday on the statue, the pedestal and the floor. No words, letters or symbols were visible in the paint.

Capt. Steven Booker says the paint spill “appears intentional based off of the splatter.” He says police are reviewing security camera footage to try to identify possible suspects.

Police say the memorial will be closed until the National Park Service maintenance crew can clean up the paint, which is expected to happen later Friday.

I say- "That would be a federal offense due to the fact that it is government property. If found guilty he or she can be fine up to $250,000 if the damages exceed more than a $100 or ten years in prison and if it was less than $100 it will be $100,000 or up to a year in jail. I think 10 years would be a bit harsh just from a kid paintballing a piece of stone. "

Then my classmate replies....

Not when you consider that "stone" is a national monument to one of the most influential leaders of our nation. Mandatory 10 years and no chance of having it expunged IMO. We take it far too easy on kids these days and what punishments they do get we simply wipe away when they turn 18, a fact they ALL know and thus respect authority even less.

This is something we have lost as a nation...true honest patriotism. I live in a law enforcement and military family...my family has bled in every war and been present in most major home problems (wako and 9/11 being prominent in my mind for where family has been to help). Paint on the Lincoln Memorial is pretty much like someone taking a paintball gun and shooting your parent's gravestone...or perhaps your little girl's gravestone that died tragically at a young age? Which is what happened to my own dead sister's gravestone 2 years ago. It is an insult to the memory of someone important...a total lack of respect for anyone but themselves.

Yeah......and there are murderers who serve less than five years.

Something's seriously fucked up here.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2013, 07:55 PM
[Image: tumblr_ll3hf0ZH8Z1qgbyz8o1_400.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Photo RE: I am amazed at the stupIDITTY...DERRR
I didn't think this would be where I would make my first post, but I guess I'll dip my toe in anyways.

Who gives a shit about a statist "monument" to freedom?

Here's to the perpetrator! I hope it's a harbinger of future revolution.

It costs more than $20,000/year to incarcerate one human being and despite the efforts of the American police state, the free nation called the the USA with its 5% of the world population houses 25% of the world prison population.

Raze that damn monument. Raze the entire mall and make it private property, then it can become a discussion about private property rights versus who gets to to what to a statue that was built and is maintained with money stolen from you and me behind the threat of violence up to and including death.

In 2011, Adam Kokesh was assaulted and violently arrested for the unforgivable crime of what? DANCING inside the Jefferson Memorial.

When I heard some scoundrel had defaced the holiest of holy (yes, state worship is the USA's national religion) I cheered! I hope those hunks of rock are left to crumble into the ground and left to be forgotten about so free people can move forward and be free in their thoughts and actions.

No victim, no crime. The state cannot be a victim.
[+] 1 user Likes Regular_Joe's post
28-07-2013, 04:22 PM
I said that punishment was pretty harsh and that it is made a way bigger deal than it really is. So next my classmate replies......

"Actually, I only propose rule changes that I would also be on the receiving end of. We treat kids with kid gloves and wonder why they have so little respect on the whole. I've seen it happen so many times where parents believe their child is a little angel, so respectful while at home, and they get around the corner from their parents and are best known for being the block bully or the delinquent in class.
What is honestly needed is a complete overhaul of sentencing to tougher sentencing across the board for everything. To stop treating children with kid gloves, take the gloves off and treat them how they treat others. I did my fair share of stupid pranks when I was a minor, I also paid for it in a way that today is unheard of. I got my butt beat so hard I couldn't sit down the rest of the day, got no dinner that night, had to clean it up myself, AND pay back restoration for any damages caused...usually by earning money mowing lawns to pay it back. Kids these days get a slap on the wrist and learn that they are scott free at 18, thus they escalate as time moves on to more and more criminal acts and expect it to all go away at 18, but by then they only know other criminals and are stuck in the lifestyle. Is 20 years a bit much? Yes, but it gets people talking. Realistically I'd make the perpetrator spend every weekend doing community service all summer long. Preferably in public places where other minors are likely to see them doing said community service. Public humiliation is the best deterrent for future criminals and the proof of tat is found in Tokyo Japan where they publically cane people. The average murder rate for Tokyo in 05 when I last looked? 5 murders a year, there are small towns in America that can't even boast that low of a murder rate and New York would consider it a good week if there were only 5 a week."

..There he goes again bitching about his shitty life to us..I just can't understand why he thinks it is such a big deal? Do we really need to spend so much time and effort on punishing someone for a meek crime???

“You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don't forget to use your head.”
30-07-2013, 01:20 PM
(28-07-2013 10:26 AM)Regular_Joe Wrote:  I didn't think this would be where I would make my first post, but I guess I'll dip my toe in anyways.

Who gives a shit about a statist "monument" to freedom?

Here's to the perpetrator! I hope it's a harbinger of future revolution.

It costs more than $20,000/year to incarcerate one human being and despite the efforts of the American police state, the free nation called the the USA with its 5% of the world population houses 25% of the world prison population.

Raze that damn monument. Raze the entire mall and make it private property, then it can become a discussion about private property rights versus who gets to to what to a statue that was built and is maintained with money stolen from you and me behind the threat of violence up to and including death.

In 2011, Adam Kokesh was assaulted and violently arrested for the unforgivable crime of what? DANCING inside the Jefferson Memorial.

When I heard some scoundrel had defaced the holiest of holy (yes, state worship is the USA's national religion) I cheered! I hope those hunks of rock are left to crumble into the ground and left to be forgotten about so free people can move forward and be free in their thoughts and actions.

No victim, no crime. The state cannot be a victim.

This video... Oh the irony, the irony...

Sad

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post