I am availible to answer your questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: I am availible to answer your questions

(08-03-2014 04:03 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 10:02 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  Ah, but maybe you will be the one to learn. Maybe we will be the ones doing the correcting. You had better be careful coming hear because we can help you to lose your faith and that is our goal because faith is a terrible way to reason and can only take you further away from reality. Are you ready today to abandon your faith and come to reason? Come and join us in reality.

You poor dear, you've got yourself into such a state, believing human beings with certain beliefs are delusional. Perhaps you could explain a bit about what has happened for you to question Him? We could go from there. Only say what you feel like saying, dear?

~ Miss Meng
An problem shared is always a problem halved.

What god do you believe in?

Why?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Nice to see you again, Miss Meng. Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
08-03-2014, 06:17 PM
(08-03-2014 04:24 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  I would like to let everyone know in advance I will not be responding to anything rampant_AI posts. He is rude and a bully, and I do not talk to bullies.

~ Miss Meng

Miss Meng,

Is rampant_AI going to hell, since you have deemed other non-believers as having good souls and not worthy of eternal lake fire but refuse to answer my boy rampant? Also, you must not talk to your god, then, because the god of the Old Testament was the biggest bully of all.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-03-2014, 06:46 PM
(08-03-2014 05:05 PM)Charis Wrote:  Miss Meng, I know you mean well (or that you are a very lovely troll indeed). There are bonafide atheists here, bonafide deists, and struggling ex-believers who are hurt and confused (that would be me). Many here were believers, as you noted in your OP.

Miss Meng, I would need to hear something more concrete than an appeal to emotion, or an appeal to what I must know deep down inside. What I once "knew" deep down inside was that a husband would not rape his wife and manipulate her, and a pastor who found out about it would not side with the husband. My knowledge was flawed. My knowledge was actually only what I *hoped* and *trusted* would turn out to be true. Cold hard facts proved very cold and hard indeed.

Had my hopes and "knowledge" been accurate, any cold hard facts that came up would have supported said knowledge.

What I am saying is this: if God as described in the Bible is the real deal, he will be backed up with cold hard fact. Truth will not be contradicted by existential data. Rather, truth will harmonize with fact.

Some of us here (like myself) have been subjected to manipulation and psychological abuse and gas-lighting to the point of suicide. Do you know what? During this period, I was called by various terms of endearment, and it did succeed in breaking down my already weak defenses and setting me up for further arm-twisting and guilt tactics. So forgive me if I want to give you a high-five in the face when you call us Dear while telling us we've turned our backs on God.... I know you have done nothing against me. It is only a knee-jerk reaction on my part.

Miss Meng, give us evidence (beyond the mystical and emotional) to follow Jesus. Remember... if God is true, and if he truly created everything as it is claimed, the evidence will support this. You should be able to lay down evidence without hesitation. Please forgive my callousness, but there are some awful people you have to thank for that one.

And Miss Meng, there are a few atheists on this forum who, like myself, are life long atheists from birth. We have never been indoctrinated into any religion yet live happy, contented lives, free from an invented, man created deity. We aren't angry, we live peacefully, pay our taxes, contribute to charities, volunteer for good works, help sick relatives, raise wonderful children who in turn help others and we do this without any deity what so ever.

I don't believe in any god(s) because there is no such thing. If being inspired by god is proof for believing there is a god then Peter Pan must exist too because J M Barrie was inspired to write about Peter Pan and Never Never Land and the evil Captain Hook. With your reasoning Never Never Land is real, Captain Hook is the devil.

The new testament was written many, many decades after the fact. The names of the gospel writers were a guess by church elders three to four hundred after the fact. There were no eye witnesses to the resurrection despite what you've been told. "It is a tale Told by an idiot full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing" to quote Shakespeare, another inspired writer. So quoting from the bible is meaningless. You might as well quote from Gone With the Wind or Poor Richards Almanac from 1722. It's nonsense.

One other thing that theists throw at atheists is an afterlife. I can't think of anything more repugnant that existing in some form for eternity. It doesn't bother me one bit, not the slightest iota, to know that when I die I won't exist and my consciousness will end.

So please find your way out. The door is on the right next to the photo of Thomas Alva Edison, another life long agnostic/atheist who changed the world in such a wonderful, real and profound way, unlike the invisible deity from your novel.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-03-2014, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2014 06:51 PM by Miss Meng.)
(08-03-2014 05:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  What god do you believe in?

Why?

I have already replied to this. There is only one. Please use the search function in future before posting. Many thanks.

~ Miss Meng
08-03-2014, 06:50 PM
My goodness this thread has escalated quickly.

Wonder what crazy lies ahead?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-03-2014, 06:55 PM
(08-03-2014 06:46 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  We aren't angry, we live peacefully, pay our taxes, contribute to charities, volunteer for good works, help sick relatives, raise wonderful children who in turn help others and we do this without any deity what so ever.

I will have to correct you there. Some Atheist's pay there taxes. Some do not. Some contribute to charities, some do not. Some help sick relatives, some do not. Some raise children, some do not. Some help others, some do not. The fact God exists, exists independently of these examples.

~ Miss Meng
08-03-2014, 07:00 PM
(08-03-2014 06:48 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  

Why?

I have already replied to this. There is only one. Please use the search function in future before posting. Many thanks.

~ Miss Meng

Snarky, condescending answer followed up with "Many Thanks."

Disingenuine courtesy. This is like watching a vampire movie where the vamp's fangs are showing through their beautiful icy smile. This just got creepy.

I've encountered this before and it is chilling. This became waaaay too real for me guys. I know that's a little bit of a strong reaction for something as seemingly minor as this, but certain things are too recent for me.

I've seen too many times the subtle jabs, put-downs, "mind your place and obey your husband and keep quiet" accompanied by the same smooth, professional courtesy or even feigned graciousness. It's a technique to keep the other person silent and complying.

It's a trigger for me. I can't take that.
[+] 4 users Like Charis's post
08-03-2014, 07:00 PM
(08-03-2014 06:55 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 06:46 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  We aren't angry, we live peacefully, pay our taxes, contribute to charities, volunteer for good works, help sick relatives, raise wonderful children who in turn help others and we do this without any deity what so ever.

I will have to correct you there. Some Atheist's pay there taxes. Some do not. Some contribute to charities, some do not. Some help sick relatives, some do not. Some raise children, some do not. Some help others, some do not. The fact God exists, exists independently of these examples.

~ Miss Meng

Please...

Shoo fly!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-03-2014, 07:05 PM
(08-03-2014 06:48 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  

Why?

~ Miss Meng

Let's try this again.

What is the name of your god and from what book is this god described in?
[+] 2 users Like DemonicLemon's post