I am availible to answer your questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2014, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2014 10:04 AM by Can_of_Beans.)
RE: I have availible to answer your questions
I'll play this game.

Why was God so mean when he answered this little paralyzed boy's prayer?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/god-ans...e-boy,475/

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
08-03-2014, 09:42 AM
(08-03-2014 09:36 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  It's OK, Rev, I have your back. Smile

LMAO

Don't we all judge the validity of threads by the initial title followed by OP? In that order? Or is it my CDO (better known as OCD) yammering against the walls of my head.......again?
LOLLaughat

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
08-03-2014, 09:43 AM
(08-03-2014 09:40 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I cannot take the leap of faith. It isn't in me to do so. I cannot accept that which has no evidence. I don't generally like to speak for others but your attempt to convert anyone here is futile. I'm sure we've all heard any of the answers you might give and we are wise enough to see through them.
If you want to have a honest conversation perhaps you shouldn't start your thread with asserting that we are angry at god. I'm no more angry at god than I am at Darth Vader. I simply don't accept that your god exists. Why the hell can't you people understand that?
With all that said I will ask some questions.
You say god is forgiving. When someone I love wrongs me I just let it go. Sure I'll put up defences to make sure it don't happen again but I demand no punishment!
Am I morally superior to your god?
My mother is a pretty devout Christian. I know that she loves me very much. When she and I are both dead I will suffer in the pits of hell. My mother however will enjoy the bliss of heaven.
How could she enjoy heaven knowing that I'm suffering?
God apparently punishes the non believer. Just as the mugger punishes the guy that doesn't give up his wallet. In essence god demands worship. I could worship a god that expects for me to try to do good and doesn't care if I believe he exists or don't demand my worship but not yor petty god.
Does a being that demands worship really deserve it.

I'm angry with Darth Vader. I still haven't gotten over that whole "dark side" incident.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-03-2014, 10:00 AM
lol silly atheists

prepare to get

PWNED

Edit:

And I typed all this HTML... I put some work into this post. Mobile browsing and HTML don't mix.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
08-03-2014, 10:02 AM
One of your minions KC?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
(08-03-2014 06:07 AM)Miss Meng Wrote:  I have decided to come here to put a few people straight and correct them regarding there faith.

I understand alot of people here have turned there back on our Heavenly Father, are angry or upset with Him but with perhaps some guidance I can turn things around. Rest assured He is willing to forgive as He is a kind and beautiful creator.

I am more than confident we can sort this confusion out in no time.

I am open to questions and will do my best to answer them.

Thank you kindly and God bless you in this life and the next.

~ Miss Meng

Ah, but maybe you will be the one to learn. Maybe we will be the ones doing the correcting. You had better be careful coming hear because we can help you to lose your faith and that is our goal because faith is a terrible way to reason and can only take you further away from reality. Are you ready today to abandon your faith and come to reason? Come and join us in reality.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
Re: I have availible to answer your questions
Oh I hope this stops before it goes down a deep hole for pities sake.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-03-2014, 10:03 AM
(08-03-2014 09:43 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 09:40 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I cannot take the leap of faith. It isn't in me to do so. I cannot accept that which has no evidence. I don't generally like to speak for others but your attempt to convert anyone here is futile. I'm sure we've all heard any of the answers you might give and we are wise enough to see through them.
If you want to have a honest conversation perhaps you shouldn't start your thread with asserting that we are angry at god. I'm no more angry at god than I am at Darth Vader. I simply don't accept that your god exists. Why the hell can't you people understand that?
With all that said I will ask some questions.
You say god is forgiving. When someone I love wrongs me I just let it go. Sure I'll put up defences to make sure it don't happen again but I demand no punishment!
Am I morally superior to your god?
My mother is a pretty devout Christian. I know that she loves me very much. When she and I are both dead I will suffer in the pits of hell. My mother however will enjoy the bliss of heaven.
How could she enjoy heaven knowing that I'm suffering?
God apparently punishes the non believer. Just as the mugger punishes the guy that doesn't give up his wallet. In essence god demands worship. I could worship a god that expects for me to try to do good and doesn't care if I believe he exists or don't demand my worship but not yor petty god.
Does a being that demands worship really deserve it.

I'm angry with Darth Vader. I still haven't gotten over that whole "dark side" incident.
Geez... He helped Luke out in the end! That must count for something. I understand that you lost your faith in Lord Vader because you are angry at him but if you can rise above your anger and forgive him you could believe he exists!
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
08-03-2014, 10:06 AM
(08-03-2014 10:03 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 09:43 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  I'm angry with Darth Vader. I still haven't gotten over that whole "dark side" incident.
Geez... He helped Luke out in the end! That must count for something. I understand that you lost your faith in Lord Vader because you are angry at him but if you can rise above your anger and forgive him you could believe he exists!

I suppose you're right, after all, he only did what he did out of love. Facepalm

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-03-2014, 10:07 AM
(08-03-2014 09:42 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 09:36 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  It's OK, Rev, I have your back. Smile

LMAO

Don't we all judge the validity of threads by the initial title followed by OP? In that order? Or is it my CDO (better known as OCD) yammering against the walls of my head.......again?
LOLLaughat

I didn't look at the thread title because I came in from the modcp to check the op for being a spambot or a sockpuppet.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense