I am availible to answer your questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2014, 04:03 PM
RE: I am availible to answer your questions
(08-03-2014 10:02 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  Ah, but maybe you will be the one to learn. Maybe we will be the ones doing the correcting. You had better be careful coming hear because we can help you to lose your faith and that is our goal because faith is a terrible way to reason and can only take you further away from reality. Are you ready today to abandon your faith and come to reason? Come and join us in reality.

You poor dear, you've got yourself into such a state, believing human beings with certain beliefs are delusional. Perhaps you could explain a bit about what has happened for you to question Him? We could go from there. Only say what you feel like saying, dear?

~ Miss Meng
An problem shared is always a problem halved.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2014, 04:05 PM
So.. You're not going to answer my questions? You said you would.
08-03-2014, 04:09 PM
(08-03-2014 04:03 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 10:02 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  Ah, but maybe you will be the one to learn. Maybe we will be the ones doing the correcting. You had better be careful coming hear because we can help you to lose your faith and that is our goal because faith is a terrible way to reason and can only take you further away from reality. Are you ready today to abandon your faith and come to reason? Come and join us in reality.

You poor dear, you've got yourself into such a state, believing human beings with certain beliefs are delusional. Perhaps you could explain a bit about what has happened for you to question Him? We could go from there. Only say what you feel like saying, dear?

~ Miss Meng
An problem shared is always a problem halved.

[Image: eju4u8as.jpg]

(08-03-2014 04:05 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  So.. You're not going to answer my questions? You said you would.

She's here to preach and tell us about her beliefs, not answer questions or support them.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 6 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
08-03-2014, 04:10 PM
(08-03-2014 11:57 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Hi Miss Meng,

Welcome. If you'd be so kind as to respond to the questions below I'd greatly appreciate it.

I never believed, wasn't indoctrinated to, so I always found religions silly. I don't have any anger towards a being/deity that doesn't exist (in my mind).

Why would one trust a book that has been written, translated and edited by men? If a god wrote it wouldn't it be so undeniably accurate that poking holes in it would be well near impossible? Why do they all make the same claim to some degree of being the accurate description? Why has he stopped doing miracles (making the sun stop in the sky etc.)?

You're on a forum of atheist that get many drive by theists telling us pretty much what you said in your OP. You'll get some hostile and snarky replies. I do hope you'll get beyond that and respond to questions.

Wonderful to meet you KidCharlemagne. I am always open to questions, in fact I welcome fresh, new ideas and approaches with regard to Him.

Firstly, I would have to correct you that you do not feel any anger towards Him - you have admitted yourself of course, that you feel He is silly. This is, although a mild form of resentment, still anger. I recommend repentance for such a feeling.

Secondly, the Holy Book was indeed written by men (Miss Meng gives a wry smile) but it is the inspired word of God. That is, it was created by Him through Him, since we are all His creation.

Thirdly, miracles wouldn't be miracles if they happened all the time, that is essentially what makes them miracles.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

I am yours, most sincerely,

~ Miss Meng
08-03-2014, 04:12 PM
(08-03-2014 04:05 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  So.. You're not going to answer my questions? You said you would.

Fire away dear.

~ Miss Meng
08-03-2014, 04:13 PM
(08-03-2014 06:07 AM)Miss Meng Wrote:  I have decided to come here to put a few people straight and correct them regarding there faith.

Yeah, you and every other nut job. We get a few of you a week. You're assumptions are totally incorrect. No one can hate something that doesn't exist.
So very sorry, Miss Meng. Did DLJ put you up to this ?

(08-03-2014 06:07 AM)Miss Meng Wrote:  I understand a lot of people here have turned there back on our Heavenly Father, a

Actually you "understand" nothing. Your PRESUME you understand people you don't even know.

(08-03-2014 06:07 AM)Miss Meng Wrote:  Rest assured He is willing to forgive as He is a kind and beautiful creator.

Prove it. Then why did he approve the slaughter of babies in the Bible ?

(08-03-2014 06:07 AM)Miss Meng Wrote:  My inbox is always open.

I knew it.
DLJ DID put you up to this.
I love it when you talk dirty, Missy Meng Tongue
What hours are you "avialibile" ? How much do you charge ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 9 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-03-2014, 04:14 PM
(08-03-2014 04:12 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  

Fire away dear.

~ Miss Meng

I already asked them they are on page 1.
08-03-2014, 04:15 PM
(08-03-2014 09:40 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I cannot take the leap of faith. It isn't in me to do so. I cannot accept that which has no evidence. I don't generally like to speak for others but your attempt to convert anyone here is futile. I'm sure we've all heard any of the answers you might give and we are wise enough to see through them.
If you want to have a honest conversation perhaps you shouldn't start your thread with asserting that we are angry at god. I'm no more angry at god than I am at Darth Vader. I simply don't accept that your god exists. Why the hell can't you people understand that?
With all that said I will ask some questions.
You say god is forgiving. When someone I love wrongs me I just let it go. Sure I'll put up defences to make sure it don't happen again but I demand no punishment!
Am I morally superior to your god?
My mother is a pretty devout Christian. I know that she loves me very much. When she and I are both dead I will suffer in the pits of hell. My mother however will enjoy the bliss of heaven.
How could she enjoy heaven knowing that I'm suffering?
God apparently punishes the non believer. Just as the mugger punishes the guy that doesn't give up his wallet. In essence god demands worship. I could worship a god that expects for me to try to do good and doesn't care if I believe he exists or don't demand my worship but not yor petty god.
Does a being that demands worship really deserve it.

There ya go. Made it easy for ya.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
08-03-2014, 04:15 PM
I can't stop reading her posts with an old asian lady's accent. This is hilarius

LEPENT YOUL SINS! -.-

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 6 users Like nach_in's post
08-03-2014, 04:16 PM
I have one.

[Image: 4yrynepa.jpg]

Why are you so against the bible? Why do you hate God so much that you refuse to follow the Bible's teachings?

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 10 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post