I am better off being a christian than an atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2014, 04:47 AM
RE: I am better off being a christian than an atheist
(11-11-2014 04:22 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Just a point..... but why Christianity? Why not look into budism(sp)? Or Tao? Or any of thr number of native beliefs (American or other wise)?

You seem to bex'Shopping for faith'. Why settle forcfirst off the shelf? Give Wotanism a try, they have really good get togethers. Smile

Much cheers to all
Zelda: If you do end up checking out Wotanism be quite careful that you end up worshiping Woden not W.O.T.A.N.

It'd just be terrible if you ended up falling in with the wrong group of people when you join the W.O.T.A.N Clan. *BOOM*

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
11-11-2014, 04:53 AM
(11-11-2014 04:29 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Yea Nurse, he sure went out of the way to fool us with that new screen name.

Maybe his next sock will be Amadeus Chain. Or Bach Kink. Ooooo Matt, you should totally put kink in the name of your next sock! It'd bring some spunk to your life! Tongue Might spice things up a bit.

Ok, I could do this all night...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
11-11-2014, 05:04 AM
Aaaand...looks like I was right; we really met before now didn't we, RetardLink?

No go fellate a chainsaw.
11-11-2014, 05:08 AM
Oh it's MozartLink back again to explain himself in tedious posts Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-11-2014, 05:19 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 05:24 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Thanks for yet another dialectic praising Utilitarianism. Facepalm
The world would be a better place if you were locked up and not allowed to play with mommy's computer. Thumbsup
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilitarianism

Now go fuck yourself.
On second thought, please join a strict Christian sect that doesn't allow any use of modern conveniences. I just know you'll be the happiest there you've ever been. So will we.
So ever' body will be maximally happy. I know I would be happy. Happy. Happy and gay. Wouldn't THAT be special.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-11-2014, 06:03 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 06:09 AM by ZeldaAdmirer.)
(11-11-2014 04:28 AM)pablo Wrote:  I'll never understand how living your life waiting to die (so you can then get to the good part) somehow gives your life greater meaning.
Why not make the most of your limited time now?
Once you're dead you'll have no regrets.

If you are going to ask how having a religious belief is even supposed to make you view this life as having more value, worth and beauty, then this would all depend on if you either value a reward in the end in which you no longer have suffering and live an eternal life of joy, or that you find living such an eternal life to be boring or bad for any other reason. So it's the people who value other things besides an eternal life of joy and value other things like hardships and suffering who find this one and only life to be of greater value, worth, and beauty than an eternal life of joy. But because I would never be bored, go insane, and find immense value towards an eternal life of joy and no suffering and that I have no value whatsoever towards suffering, this is the reason why I would be more happier and better off with my christian belief that I once had in the past (which is now gone). Religious people (just specific religious people like me who find greater value in an eternal life of joy) would certainly value those other things I just mentioned, but would only value them greater through their religious belief. Being more happy towards something in life is very likely to make you that much as happy towards other things in life. Therefore, since my greatest happiness was directed towards an eternal life of joy when I had my christian belief in the past, then I also found my greatest happiness in other things in this specific life that I was living in as well.
11-11-2014, 06:06 AM
(11-11-2014 06:03 AM)ZeldaAdmirer Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 04:28 AM)pablo Wrote:  I'll never understand how living your life waiting to die (so you can then get to the good part) somehow gives your life greater meaning.
Why not make the most of your limited time now?
Once you're dead you'll have no regrets.

If you are going to ask how having a religious belief is even supposed to make you view this life as having more value, worth and beauty, then this would all depend on if you either value a reward in the end in which you no longer have suffering and live an eternal life of joy, or that you find living such an eternal life to be boring or bad for any other reason. So it's the people who value other things besides an eternal life of joy and value other things like hardships and suffering who find this one and only life to be of greater value, worth, and beauty than an eternal life of joy. But because I would never be bored, go insane, and find immense value towards an eternal life of joy and no suffering and that I have no value whatsoever towards suffering, this is the reason why I would be more happier and better off with my christian belief that I once had in the past (which is now gone). Religious people (just specific religious people like me who find greater value in an eternal life of joy) would certainly value those things I just mentioned, but would only value them greater through their religious belief. Being more happy towards something in life is very likely to make you that much as happy towards other things in life. Therefore, since my greatest happiness was directed towards an eternal life of joy when I had my christian belief in the past, then I also found my greatest happiness in other things in this specific life that I was living in as well.

Paragraphs would make this easier to read.

I'd rather sit down and read a college textbook on microeconomics.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
11-11-2014, 06:12 AM
Its quite pathetic that you come here lying about being an atheist so you can pretend that your deconversion led to unhappiness in a feeble attempt to persuade us heathens.

You're not an atheist. Nobody cares if you're happy or unhappy as a theist, but clearly you have something missing in your life if you have to troll atheist message boards. Maybe Jesus should stick it in a little farther to fill your void.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
11-11-2014, 06:19 AM
(11-11-2014 06:06 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 06:03 AM)ZeldaAdmirer Wrote:  If you are going to ask how having a religious belief is even supposed to make you view this life as having more value, worth and beauty, then this would all depend on if you either value a reward in the end in which you no longer have suffering and live an eternal life of joy, or that you find living such an eternal life to be boring or bad for any other reason. So it's the people who value other things besides an eternal life of joy and value other things like hardships and suffering who find this one and only life to be of greater value, worth, and beauty than an eternal life of joy. But because I would never be bored, go insane, and find immense value towards an eternal life of joy and no suffering and that I have no value whatsoever towards suffering, this is the reason why I would be more happier and better off with my christian belief that I once had in the past (which is now gone). Religious people (just specific religious people like me who find greater value in an eternal life of joy) would certainly value those things I just mentioned, but would only value them greater through their religious belief. Being more happy towards something in life is very likely to make you that much as happy towards other things in life. Therefore, since my greatest happiness was directed towards an eternal life of joy when I had my christian belief in the past, then I also found my greatest happiness in other things in this specific life that I was living in as well.

Paragraphs would make this easier to read.

So, in short, nothing in this one and only life really matters. It only matters if there is an eternal life of joy for these religious people to have value and happiness towards which would then also make these religious people have value and happiness towards things in this life.
11-11-2014, 06:25 AM
(11-11-2014 06:19 AM)ZeldaAdmirer Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 06:06 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Paragraphs would make this easier to read.

So, in short, nothing in this one and only life really matters. It only matters if there is an eternal life of joy for these religious people to have value and happiness towards which would then also make these religious people have value and happiness towards things in this life.
I'm a little annoyed that I spent a perfectly good pun on you but fuck it, I'm game:
Break that down into logical steps. At the moment you're just asserting that a finite life is less meaningful.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post