I am disappoint

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2011, 05:32 PM
RE: I am disappoint
I know how my own thread was seen, but it's just something I see generally all the time. Outside of TTA forums it generally shows itself in the mockery of religion without actually doing anything 'productive' like calling out bullshit or disproving claims.

Ignoring the thread I made I still have the same opinion of what seems to happen.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2011, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2011 07:58 AM by DeepThought.)
(28-04-2011 05:32 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I know how my own thread was seen, but it's just something I see generally all the time. Outside of TTA forums it generally shows itself in the mockery of religion without actually doing anything 'productive' like calling out bullshit or disproving claims.

Ignoring the thread I made I still have the same opinion of what seems to happen.
Religion get called out on the bullshit on a million fronts every day. When a theist says something like 'You can't prove God doesn't exist' etc.. etc.. <insert random strawman>.. 'How can everything come from nothing'... Rolleyes
What are you supposed to do? Repeat yourself?
Personally I've encountered and know how to debunk most of the silly arguments made by theists. The problem is people aren't robots. We have limited resources and limited patience. Who enjoys repetition?

Some creatards will go on regurgitating the same crap elsewhere once it gets debunked here. Or change the subject - shotgun tactics. Branch out into 20 different fields spewing a bunch of crap all in one paragraph.. It can be frustrating.

I tend to avoid debates now and focus more on my own entertainment and sanity. I don't want to get dragged down to their level of thoughtlessness. Empathising with a creationist mindset is mentally draining and seems like wasted effort.. Why should I respect someone who just strawmans my position. My patience has mostly run out with that stuff.

Humour is key, I think a laugh is healthy and religion can be a laughing/crying matter. We should harvest as many laughs as possible from the uglyness that is religion.

Edit: Is this just me? Maybe I've talked about religion too much.. Thing is - at times that really is how I feel about it.
Other times I can talk to theists and it doesn't matter to me at all.
21-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Posted in Wrong thread Confused sorry

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine