I am employed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2016, 06:09 AM
RE: I am employed!
They are lucky to have you Smile

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
09-03-2016, 06:18 AM
(09-03-2016 06:09 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  They are lucky to have you Smile

Hug

Thx Big Grin

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
09-03-2016, 06:26 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2016 07:55 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(04-03-2016 05:57 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  11th hour save!

I received a call today from the security systems company (I had applied to their parent company for a job but it was already filled) they called to see if I would be interested in working for them instead. I said yes and did my interview a week ago last Wednesday. The manager called and made me an offer. I accepted.

It's the same money as I was making but so much more potential. In my other job I was as far as I could go without moving to corp office 800 miles away. This company is growing quickly and though they are expanding into other states I will have an opportunity to manage an office in either TX or AR (AR would be my choice as their location will be only 80 miles from my daughter and grandsons) within 2yrs time. The pay would be great as well and company stock share and profit sharing.

I am so excited. Banana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorro

Awesome! Congrats...I bet that is a relief. I retire in 4 weeks from the Navy, and I already have a final interview as the Safety Officer for a major company on Monday. The day after I retire, I will start my new job. The cool part is I will be on what is called terminal leave. Which basically means I am on 80 days straight vacation with pay from the Navy, and I will be working my new job at the same time...double dipping for the win Drooling

I was getting stressed out worrying about if I was going to find a job in time or not, and it all just fell in place. I don't have the job officially yet, but it seems like a done deal.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-03-2016, 06:29 AM
(09-03-2016 06:26 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  

I received a call today from the security systems company (I had applied to their parent company for a job but it was already filled) they called to see if I would be interested in working for them instead. I said yes and did my interview a week ago last Wednesday. The manager called and made me an offer. I accepted.

It's the same money as I was making but so much more potential. In my other job I was as far as I could go without moving to corp office 800 miles away. This company is growing quickly and though they are expanding into other states I will have an opportunity to manage an office in either TX or AR (AR would be my choice as their location will be only 80 miles from my daughter and grandsons) within 2yrs time. The pay would be great as well and company stock share and profit sharing.

Awesome! Congrats...I bet that is a relief. I retire in 4 weeks from the Navy, and I already have a final interview as the Safety Officer for a major company on Monday. The day after I retire, I will start my new job. The cool part is I will be on what is called terminal leave. Which basically means I am on 80 days straight vacation with pay from the Navy, and I will be working my new job at the same time...double dipping for the win Drooling

WHoo-hoo! Score! Bowing

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
09-03-2016, 09:48 AM
(09-03-2016 05:56 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  The job is going well, after the flat tire incident, I have made myself useful and have made some suggestions for improvements that were very happily received. One thing in particular that they somehow didn't know, state sales tax exemption for businesses that will save them 2500-3000 a month. Score! Big Grin

That was very well received. Banana_zorro

My new boss has ordered me all new furniture for my office including computer, copier/printer and scanner. We don't have walk-in customers so I get to wear whatever I want to work. They have a 24/7 gym for all the employees and I signed up for my insurance too. Whoohoo!

I'm so happy I got this job. Shy
They didn't know about resale licenses? Wow. You're going to be extremely valuable there. There's probably a ton of other stuff you can educate them on. Good for you!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
09-03-2016, 09:50 AM
(09-03-2016 06:26 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  

I was getting stressed out worrying about if I was going to find a job in time or not, and it all just fell in place. I don't have the job officially yet, but it seems like a done deal.

Good for you! Though I personally would have kicked back for some of those days. Congratulations!
09-03-2016, 10:00 AM
Yay! Congrats! This actually made me feel encouraged this morning! Good luck with the new job! Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
09-03-2016, 10:48 AM
(09-03-2016 10:00 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Yay! Congrats! This actually made me feel encouraged this morning! Good luck with the new job! Big Grin

Thx. Here's hoping you get something awesome soon!
Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
09-03-2016, 11:26 AM
Sounds like you landed in a nice big pot of jam. Thumbsup

But I'll refrain from posting the "If My Friends Could See Me Now" song from Sweet Charity.

Oh fuck, no I won't! Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post