I am going to be a teacher for a day.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2014, 03:09 PM
RE: I am going to be a teacher for a day.
(28-04-2014 02:58 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  I am still limiting my time here,but .....MAFIA!!!!!

Yes

Oooh Paleo do those litteh mafia animals.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2014, 03:19 PM
That sounds really awesome! Hm, I'm blaming your avatar for making me lean towards seals though I think it'd be fun to teach about a lesser known mammal. Like,uh, this thing?

[Image: tapireat1-777335.jpg]

Teaching about ponies might be good too!

[Image: notagain.gif]
28-04-2014, 03:27 PM
(28-04-2014 03:19 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  That sounds really awesome! Hm, I'm blaming your avatar for making me lean towards seals though I think it'd be fun to teach about a lesser known mammal. Like,uh, this thing?

What is it?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
28-04-2014, 03:29 PM
(28-04-2014 03:27 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 03:19 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  That sounds really awesome! Hm, I'm blaming your avatar for making me lean towards seals though I think it'd be fun to teach about a lesser known mammal. Like,uh, this thing?

What is it?

I have no idea. I just Google searched "weird mammals" in images and picked that one cuz it looked pretty Blush

[Image: notagain.gif]
28-04-2014, 03:33 PM
(28-04-2014 03:29 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 03:27 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  What is it?

I have no idea. I just Google searched "weird mammals" in images and picked that one cuz it looked pretty Blush

It's a tapiar

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-04-2014, 03:35 PM
(28-04-2014 12:51 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  In zoology class today my peers suggested to my teacher that I should teach the class on animals. And he said yes. I am a little excited and a little embarrassedBlush. So what animal should I educate the class on? Apes, seals, cnidaria? I just don't know what to teach.Tongue

There are plenty of animals around; the Blue Ring Octopus is a remarkably small (typically) and dangerous octopus which can envenomate the water surrounding them to poison and paralyse their prey, if not kill it outright by stopping muscular action, causing paralysis and eventual asphyxiation. On top of that there is no antivenom; the only way one may survive is to immediately be given CPR and placed on a respirator to keep air moving (and associated machines to keep the heart going). Not to mention it's interesting self-defense mechanism of getting prettier when it feels threatened. For fish or crabs, I'm sure its ring changing colour is a frightening thing, but we humans aren't smart enough to know to run away really quickly.

Of course there is always monotremes; only two kinda still exist and one of them is a shoe-in for the 'most oddly diverse example of convergent evolution in a single organism' award.

(28-04-2014 02:16 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  [Image: time_for_science_by_zedrin-d58w4xz.png]

[Image: 3695179.gif]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
28-04-2014, 03:41 PM
(28-04-2014 03:35 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 12:51 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  In zoology class today my peers suggested to my teacher that I should teach the class on animals. And he said yes. I am a little excited and a little embarrassedBlush. So what animal should I educate the class on? Apes, seals, cnidaria? I just don't know what to teach.Tongue

There are plenty of animals around; the Blue Ring Octopus is a remarkably small (typically) and dangerous octopus which can envenomate the water surrounding them to poison and paralyse their prey, if not kill it outright by stopping muscular action, causing paralysis and eventual asphyxiation. On top of that there is no antivenom; the only way one may survive is to immediately be given CPR and placed on a respirator to keep air moving (and associated machines to keep the heart going). Not to mention it's interesting self-defense mechanism of getting prettier when it feels threatened. For fish or crabs, I'm sure its ring changing colour is a frightening thing, but we humans aren't smart enough to know to run away really quickly.

Of course there is always monotremes; only two kinda still exist and one of them is a shoe-in for the 'most oddly diverse example of convergent evolution in a single organism' award.

(28-04-2014 02:16 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  [Image: time_for_science_by_zedrin-d58w4xz.png]

[Image: 3695179.gif]

If thats the case what about this guy.

[Image: Vetulicolia_NT.jpg]

But yet again I need to maybe pick a animal that a layman could get interested in.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-04-2014, 03:43 PM
albatross or whooping crane

not sure I thought of birds first.... Consider

I would pick something that is 'threatened', maybe you can spark some help for that creature with your classmates.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
28-04-2014, 03:50 PM
(28-04-2014 03:43 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  albatross or whooping crane

not sure I thought of birds first.... Consider

I would pick something that is 'threatened', maybe you can spark some help for that creature with your classmates.

Well monk seals are endangered. So is the cuban crocodile. That may be a good idea.

28-04-2014, 03:51 PM
(28-04-2014 03:09 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 02:58 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  I am still limiting my time here,but .....MAFIA!!!!!

Yes

Oooh Paleo do those litteh mafia animals.

What are those? Undecided