I am here to surprise you: Guess what the most popular comments are about Snowden?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2013, 12:20 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2013 11:45 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
I am here to surprise you: Guess what the most popular comments are about Snowden?
Netease (http://www.163.com) is a major web portal in China. And today there is this piece of news about Snowden on its front page.

Whistle-blower of the USA "Surveillance Gate": The States has been chronically hacking China.

There are 5367 comments now and 70662 people have voted for those comments in a single day.

So, would you like to guess what the TOP FIVE is like? They have over 48545 votes (69%). And I am sure that I am definitely going to give you a little surprise.

No. 5 观察员and评论员 [网易广东省深圳市网友]: 2013-06-13 09:59:34 发表
监控坏人还是很有必要的                     顶[4849]

No.5 Username: Observer & Commentator [Netease Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province User]: Published on 2013-06-13 09:59:34
It's very necessary to survey the bad guys.                                   [4849] Up votes

No. 4 网易韩国网友 ip:121.254.*.*: 2013-06-13 10:03:26 发表
5毛已汇,请查收!                  顶[5917]

No.4 Netease South Korea User ip: 121.254.*.* : Published on 2013-06-13 09:59:34
(Hey, Snowden and the author of this report,) Your professional service fee of 5 dimes has been transferred. Check your bank account ! [5917] Up votes

No. 3 撸掉了五根毛 [网易湖南省永州市网友]: 2013-06-13 10:00:49 发表
希望抓住让这个鸟人取消他的美国国籍,判他生活在朝鲜和中国。让他知道什么才是幸福,什么才是宇宙真理。                 顶[9570]

No. 3 Username: 5 hairs dropped when masturbating [Netease Yongzhou City, Hunan Province User]: Published on 10:00:49 2013-06-13
I hope this bastard (Snowden) gets caught immediately, and deprived of his USA nationality. Please give him a life sentence in terms of living in North Korea or China, so that he will start to understand what true happiness is and what the universal truth is.                   [9570]Up votes

No.2 wzr020113 [网易广东省广州市网友]:2013-06-13 10:02:07 发表
关键是看监控到的信息,是拿来挫败恐怖袭击,还是上门查水表。                 顶[9969]

No. 2 Username: wzr020113 [Netease Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province User]: Published on 2013-06-13 10:02:07
The key is whether this surveillance information is used to crack potential terrorist attacks or to check your water gauge (in a TV show, policemen disguise as water supply company employees to deceive the suspect and let him open the door, which is extended in meaning to oppressing dissidents (mostly jokingly))                   [9969]Up votes

No.1 456787346[网易四川省乐山市网友]: 2013-06-13 10:05:53 发表
今日中国,乃十马之国也。上级指鹿为马,下级溜须拍马,好人单枪匹马,坏人招兵买马,抛弃青梅竹马,结交非驴非马,上班心猿意马,下班声色犬马,领导盲人摸马,百姓当牛做​马。                  顶[18240]

No. 1 Username: 456787346 [Netease Leshan City, Sichuan Province User]: Published on 2013-06-13 10:05:53
China today is a country of 10 horses: The superior points at a deer and force the subordinate to agree that it is a horse, the subordinate licks the superior's boots as if that is a precious thoroughbred horse, the good person is lonely on his horse, the bad guy is happy recruiting adherents and a horse, the youth no longer simple abandons his/her frugal childhood sweetheart and fawn on who affords a range land and a horse, the friend of that youth is neither donkey nor horse, when on duty in the government official's head there is a bee a monkey and a horse, when he/she is off duty a party with sensual pleasures and a horse is then started, the state-owned company, government or party leader mills around like a blind in search for a horse, and the ordinary civilian works hard like a cattle or a horse.                    [18240]Up votes

Image captured around 28 hours later after the No.1 comment being published.
[Image: p.aspx?u=v20_p13_photo_1306141325099227_0.jpg]

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2013, 01:04 AM
RE: I am here to surprise you
OK well... I guess that the top comment is "Fuck the USA." I think that's a pretty safe bet... ?
13-06-2013, 01:54 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2013 02:04 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
(13-06-2013 01:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  OK well... I guess that the top comment is "Fuck the USA." I think that's a pretty safe bet... ?

That's totally not safe at all, because it's not even close.

No. 5 观察员and评论员 [网易广东省深圳市网友]: 2013-06-13 09:59:34 发表
监控坏人还是很有必要的                    顶[2700]

No.5 Username: Observer & Commentator [Netease Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province User]: Published on 2013-06-13 09:59:34
It's very necessary to survey the bad guys.                                  [2700] Up votes

Bad guys, people in his/her motherland, surveilled by mass hacking operations ... This Censored is a genius !

Are you a little surprised? Want to guess again?

[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
13-06-2013, 04:55 AM
(13-06-2013 01:54 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Bad guys, people in his/her motherland, surveilled by mass hacking operations ... This Censored is a genius !

Um... so do people approve of this Snowden guy, or do they rather approve of the surveillance ?

And no... guessing games aren't my favourite Tongue
13-06-2013, 05:57 AM
(13-06-2013 04:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-06-2013 01:54 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Bad guys, people in his/her motherland, surveilled by mass hacking operations ... This Censored is a genius !

Um... so do people approve of this Snowden guy, or do they rather approve of the surveillance ?

The majority of netizens who frequent this popular Netease website applaud for almost anything done by the US government and the American society and oppose the very same kind of things done by the Chinese government and society. And I am here to show my cynicism. You see, USA in Chinese is 美国, the beautiful country. And for many Chinese, the grass is always greener on the other side of the valley.

Simply put, Snowden did a bad thing, US surveillance (particularly over China) is a good thing.

I will release the remaining top four comments after everybody interested has his/her fun.

13-06-2013, 06:45 AM
(13-06-2013 05:57 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(13-06-2013 04:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  Um... so do people approve of this Snowden guy, or do they rather approve of the surveillance ?

The majority of netizens who frequent this popular Netease website applaud for almost anything done by the US government and the American society and oppose the very same kind of things done by the Chinese government and society. And I am here to show my cynicism. You see, USA in Chinese is 美国, the beautiful country. And for many Chinese, the grass is always greener on the other side of the valley.

Simply put, Snowden did a bad thing, US surveillance (particularly over China) is a good thing.

I will release the remaining top four comments after everybody interested has his/her fun.

This has nothing to do with U.S. surveillance over China (a necessary thing) or anyone else except its own citizens.
This massive surveillance over its own citizens is seen (rightly) as a violation of the Constitutional rights of its own citizens.
Specifically, the 4th Amendment protection against unreasonable search.

If Chinese people think that is outrageous, then they are correct and their consciousness about what freedom is has been raised, and that is a good thing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-06-2013, 07:13 AM
RE: I am here to surprise you: Guess what the most popular comments are about Snowden
"their consciousness about what freedom is has been raised" - Why would you think that Chas? Why would you think this event raised their consciousness? Don't you think the actions of their own government have been enough to raise their consciousness? Why give America credit here for the sensible response of Chinese citizens? The only way this seems to make sense is if you don't see Chinese people as individuals with their own thoughts and ideas, but instead as an amorphous "China" entity whose citizens act and think identically to their government. Perhaps you should spend some time there or spend time with Chinese living and working abroad to get a more rounded understanding...

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
13-06-2013, 07:32 AM
RE: I am here to surprise you: Guess what the most popular comments are about Snowden
(13-06-2013 07:13 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  "their consciousness about what freedom is has been raised" - Why would you think that Chas? Why would you think this event raised their consciousness? Don't you think the actions of their own government have been enough to raise their consciousness? Why give America credit here for the sensible response of Chinese citizens? The only way this seems to make sense is if you don't see Chinese people as individuals with their own thoughts and ideas, but instead as an amorphous "China" entity whose citizens act and think identically to their government. Perhaps you should spend some time there or spend time with Chinese living and working abroad to get a more rounded understanding...

You mischaracterize me by your misquote of me. You left off "If Chinese people think that is outrageous,".

I am still awaiting what their comments are. If they are outraged by government intrusion into the privacy of its own citizens, then that is a good thing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-06-2013, 07:46 AM
(13-06-2013 06:45 AM)Chas Wrote:  This has nothing to do with U.S. surveillance over China (a necessary thing) or anyone else except its own citizens.
This massive surveillance over its own citizens is seen (rightly) as a violation of the Constitutional rights of its own citizens.
Specifically, the 4th Amendment protection against unreasonable search.

If Chinese people think that is outrageous, then they are correct and their consciousness about what freedom is has been raised, and that is a good thing.

I really want to thank God al-mighty that I am able to communicate with you in common language for once Bowing

According to Snowden, the PRISM is a surveillance program that spies on and gather information from BOTH within and outside USA. Besides, this program first started from gather overseas information and then turned to inside USA.

If the Chinese government's surveillance program was exposed, the netizens who frequent the Chinese web portal Netease would surely denounced this as outrageous and dictatorship. But since this happened to USA and this report was particularly about US hacking China (according to Snowden), they then changed their tone and said that it was a good thing that America watch out for the Chinese bad guys, i.e. potential corrupt party and government high officials. In fact, these paranoid people actually wish that American overthrows the current Chinese government, and assign them, these "loyal" and "democratic" people, to important positions in the America-backed new Chinese government.

So, maybe a little to your surprise, it almost has nothing to do with "their consciousness about what freedom is has been raised", but everything about "hugging the America Boss close and day-dreaming being appointed to important positions for their being loyal to the US and putting on the democracy show nicely"

In short, they cheered for the fact that US hacks China in the PRISM program because they think China has too many bad guys who need to be watched out for.

Almost totally a different story, isn't it?

Are you surprised? Tongue

13-06-2013, 07:54 AM
(13-06-2013 07:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  You mischaracterize me by your misquote of me. You left off "If Chinese people think that is outrageous,".

I am still awaiting what their comments are. If they are outraged by government intrusion into the privacy of its own citizens, then that is a good thing.

Chas, I guarantee you they are not outraged at all. They cheered for it, glad that the big brother USA is watching Chinese little dudes and nothing about privacy being intruded.

To let you see it more clearly, here I am going to bring in another comment.