I am here to surprise you: Guess what the most popular comments are about Snowden?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2013, 07:56 AM
RE: I am here to surprise you: Guess what the most popular comments are about Snowden
(13-06-2013 07:54 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(13-06-2013 07:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  You mischaracterize me by your misquote of me. You left off "If Chinese people think that is outrageous,".

I am still awaiting what their comments are. If they are outraged by government intrusion into the privacy of its own citizens, then that is a good thing.

Chas, I guarantee you they are not outraged at all. They cheered for it, glad that the big brother USA is watching Chinese little dudes and nothing about privacy being intruded.

To let you see it more clearly, here I am going to bring in another comment.

We're talking about two different things.
I am happy to hear that Chinese people realize that there are Chinese bad guys that need watching. But my question would be about their opinions on a government tracking its own citizens.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2013, 08:12 AM
RE: I am here to surprise you: Guess what the most popular comments are about Snowden
No. 4 网易韩国网友 ip:121.254.*.*: 2013-06-13 10:03:26 发表
5毛已汇,请查收!                  顶[5247]

No.4 Netease South Korea User ip: 121.254.*.* : Published on 2013-06-13 09:59:34
(Hey, Snowden and the author of this report,) Your professional service fee of 5 dimes has been transferred. Check your bank account ! [5247] Up votes

"5 dimes" is a phrase used by a certain group of netizens especially when they find that someone says something nice for the government. They normally treat anything nice about the government is part of the government propaganda project and hence people who have said that governmental employees who will receive a professional service fee of 5 dimes for each post in favor of the government.

So, to them, Snowden must have received many 5 dimes from the Chinese government to expose such a wonderful program and put it in harms' way. And the report author should write about Snowden either. How dare the author expose such not beautiful things about the US hacking China, which doesn't help demonizing the Chinese government at all !

Yeah, they are typical examples of many Chinese netizens ...

Chas, see, it may not be what you thought. So, are you a little surprised?

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
13-06-2013, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2013 09:07 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
(13-06-2013 07:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  But my question would be about their opinions on a government tracking its own citizens.

About the Chinese government tracking its own citizens: they will get outraged, denounce the dictator government and demand its overthrown.

About the US government tracking its own citizens: they will be cautiously optimistic about these governmental practices. Since the American people elect their president and their Congress and House representatives, how could anything go wrong in this beautiful, free and democratic paradise?

Maybe with a little exaggeration, but normally you will get the impression.

13-06-2013, 08:25 AM
RE: I am here to surprise you
I am surprised. I thought Chinese people were very nationalistic - almost to the point of religion ?

I am happy that they express their views without fear of retribution Smile
13-06-2013, 08:33 AM
RE:
I actually am very surprised, I always understood that the Chinese feel that it is there time to rise to greatness on the world stage and to raise their standard of living closer to that of the states, but I always assumed that was strictly material. I didn't expect the love of democracy/the level of trust in democracy, which I always figured would be dragged through the mud by propagandists...

The funny part is the US Government is not interested in the slightest in helping the Chinese people in any way (Heck it's barely even interested in helping the majority of US citizens), they just want to know who is coming and going, to gauge the power of their security measures and interventions and to protect the US from virtual threats.

I don't think that it's such a bad thing that US has this info but it's certainly not going to result in any sort of intervention, unless that intervention is perpetrated by Chinese citizens.

Is this a Hong Kong thing or a whole of China thing? Also out of curiosity can one just emigrate too and from HK to the rest of China? It seems almost sensible to have agricultural/industrial communism and employ the free market for more 'elevated' and learned individuals with greater potential.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-06-2013, 08:34 AM
No. 3 撸掉了五根毛 [网易湖南省永州市网友]: 2013-06-13 10:00:49 发表
希望抓住让这个鸟人取消他的美国国籍,判他生活在朝鲜和中国。让他知道什么才是幸福,什么才是宇宙真理。                 顶[7875]

No. 3 Username: 5 hairs dropped when masturbating [Netease Yongzhou City, Hunan Province User]: Published on 10:00:49 2013-06-13
I hope this bastard (Snowden) gets caught immediately, and deprived of his USA nationality. Please give him a life sentence in terms of living in North Korea or China, so that he will start to understand what true happiness is and what the universal truth is.                   [7875]Up votes

"5 hair" is pun to "5 dimes" which I explained earlier. So the username "5 hairs dropped when masturbating" is pun to "getting 5 dimes while masturbating", and shows contempt to those potential government propaganda promoters who are said to gain 5 dimes every post saying good things about the government.

Yet an embarrassing thing is that those democracy advocators on the web portal Netease unfortunately seem to have an IQ or EQ problem. Just watch that user name and how he/she loves his/her motherland (prison?) ...

13-06-2013, 08:46 AM
RE: I am here to surprise you
(13-06-2013 08:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  I am surprised. I thought Chinese people were very nationalistic - almost to the point of religion ?

I am happy that they express their views without fear of retribution Smile

Actually I think it is the government's conspiracy (jokingly).

The government sends agents into those opposing political groups and makes them seem so stupid in their call for western style of democracy that ordinary sane people will not feel like siding with those opposing groups.

In 2004, when I was in US, someone sent me an e-mail, asked me to find another person and together hold the arms of a policeman or a military soldier on July 1st, 2004, and assured me that many others would join this historical event and the authoritarian Chinese government would be turned into a beautiful, peaceful and democratic one.

You know what I did after I read the email? I directly forwarded it to the email address of the Chinese Consulate General in San Francisco.

Why? Because that's stupid and harmful, and similar to how the Tiananmen Square Clash had started ...

And nothing special happened on July 1st, 2004, just as I predicted ...

13-06-2013, 09:03 AM
RE:
(13-06-2013 08:33 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  I actually am very surprised, I always understood that the Chinese feel that it is there time to rise to greatness on the world stage and to raise their standard of living closer to that of the states, but I always assumed that was strictly material. I didn't expect the love of democracy/the level of trust in democracy, which I always figured would be dragged through the mud by propagandists...

I told you I am here to surprise you.

But it really has little to do with the love of democracy but maybe something about avenging the society.

Here's a pet phrase example of those "democracy lovers": "We will go and see. When democracy comes, you (people who say good thing about the government) and your family will hung by the lamp posts." And they are serious about this ...

So siding with these "democracy lovers" really needs an advanced IQ/EQ reduction surgery which I totally am not thinking of getting.

(13-06-2013 08:33 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  The funny part is the US Government is not interested in the slightest in helping the Chinese people in any way (Heck it's barely even interested in helping the majority of US citizens), they just want to know who is coming and going, to gauge the power of their security measures and interventions and to protect the US from virtual threats.

I don't think that it's such a bad thing that US has this info but it's certainly not going to result in any sort of intervention, unless that intervention is perpetrated by Chinese citizens.

USA to help China in this way? Unlikely.

USA to make China some trouble in this way? Why not?

(13-06-2013 08:33 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Is this a Hong Kong thing or a whole of China thing? Also out of curiosity can one just emigrate too and from HK to the rest of China? It seems almost sensible to have agricultural/industrial communism and employ the free market for more 'elevated' and learned individuals with greater potential.

Many Netease users all around China hope that the USA liberate China as soon as possible.

Many Hong Kong residents want their British colonists back and they are going on a demonstration on July 1st, 2013, planning to encircle a future military port and waving Union Jacks ...

Whether they are more 'elevated' or learned, it is up to you.

13-06-2013, 09:22 AM
I am here to surprise you: Guess what the most popular comments are about Snowden?
I'm not surprised. I&I taught me that al Qaeda runs China, so by extension the CIA rules over your country.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
13-06-2013, 09:30 AM
(13-06-2013 09:22 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm not surprised. I&I taught me that al Qaeda runs China, so by extension the CIA rules over your country.

If those people represented the IQ/EQ level of the CIA, I would not worry about that at all.

Alas, they are my fellow countryman, and I and others are supposed build a great nation together with them ...

There is this saying

Having a God-like enemy is not much of a problem, but having swine-like teammates is a very serious one.

[+] 2 users Like HU.Junyuan's post