I am holier than thou

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2013, 01:51 PM
RE: I am holier than thou
(17-09-2013 01:01 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Hope this makes you happy, evenheathen

I'm disappointed that girly didn't catch that one from the start, glad you caught it, elk. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
17-09-2013, 02:22 PM
(17-09-2013 11:22 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(17-09-2013 11:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  If you are equating that love with sex, then the same must be said for heterosexual love. That it's just sex.

You don't see your intellectual dishonesty?
Of course not. sex in marriage is a legitimate expression of love. Sex outside of marriage whether homosexual or heterosexual is not an expression of love at all but is selfish lust which is destructive to both parties.
Love between men and men is only pure and true if it is not expressed in a lustful sexual act.
Love between women and women is only pure and true if it is not expressed in a lustful sexual act.
Love between men and women who are not married is only pure if it is not expressed in a lustful sexual act.

According to the teachings of the Catholic Church which alone has the authority to proclaim what is true, sexual love can only be expressed in marriage when the sexual act is open to the conception of children.

I do not accept the authority of the RCC in these matters; why do you? On what basis?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-09-2013, 05:49 PM
(17-09-2013 10:56 AM)excubitor Wrote:  I concede that as my starting precept I believe by faith that God is real and true, that he came to earth as Jesus Christ born of a virgin. He died and was buried, was resurrected into new life and ascended to the Father. I believe in the holy catholic church and her teachings and the scriptures she delivered to us which teach that God made heaven and earth in six days and that there was a cataclysmic global flood. These presuppositions are a framework of belief borne of faith from the divine revelation of God around which all "evidences" established by the physical senses must be subject.
Does the sky have windows? Do snakes eat dirt? does a spherical Earth have corners or edges? Oh, hey ...wait a minute. Didn't the infallible Pope endorse EVOLUTION?! You did say you were Catholic. Buddha was born of a virgin too. As well as Krishna, Ra, Horus, Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan , dozens of Greek gods and demigods, Native American gods, HELL!...anyone who was anyone was born of a virgin.
There are thousands of religions. ALL of them claim to be "True". All of them have prophecies that "have come true", miracles, answered prayers, and ALL of them have some kind of eternal torment for failure to adhere to the dogma. Given the thousands of religions, if there is one "TRUE" faith, odds are you're goin' to hell.

None of them are supported by any evidence. Not one. They can't all be true, but, they can all be false.

(17-09-2013 10:56 AM)excubitor Wrote:  This is my boast and the great power that I have over you all, because you only trust what you can see, feel, touch, taste, smell, measure and study.
Isn't pride one of the seven deadly sins?

(17-09-2013 10:56 AM)excubitor Wrote:  As a result of putting such high and unwarranted value on physical evidences you very quickly throw away divine revelation the minute you think that the physical evidence contradicts it. Unfortunately you have not factored in the power of deceit by Satan and liars who are able to manipulate your senses so that you make errors in judgement and are led astray.
I wonder how many people are in prison because Satan made the evidence to "look" like they were guilty. If it is so easy for humans to be deceived, how do you "know" the Bible isn't a deception conceived by Satan?

There has to be a system for evaluating what makes something true. If you don't compare your belief to reality in an empirical fashion you are just driving blind, drunk and stupid. If your religion is "true", it is purely by chance.

When you provide supporting evidence for your claims I will consider it.

(17-09-2013 10:56 AM)excubitor Wrote:  There have been many such frauds in science which have resulted in people believing lies for decades until the peer review system kicks in.
As opposed to the religious lies that have persisted for hundreds of centuries? Most of the misconceptions in science were overturned by more accurate evidence. It's called learning.
Give it a try. You might like it.

(17-09-2013 10:56 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Well i am not going to put my faith in sciences peer review system to uncover the lies. I am going to put my faith in the living God who created me and who gave me his church to guide, shelter and feed me.
If you want to abandon thinking in favor of bronze age psychobabble, that's your prerogative.

(17-09-2013 10:56 AM)excubitor Wrote:  I will make no apology and happily boast of my presuppositions that God is almighty, omnipotent and eternal, knowing all things from the beginning to the end, small and great.
There's that pride thing again. YOUR religion condemns you to hell. Have fun when you get there.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
17-09-2013, 05:55 PM
This guy's the holiest I've ever seen....
[Image: DoolinWilliam_f.jpg]
Sorry Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
17-09-2013, 06:04 PM
I am holier than thou
(17-09-2013 11:28 AM)excubitor Wrote:  I deny that there is evidence to the contrary. If data is represented by scientists and interpreted in such a way as to contradict those things believed by faith and divine revelation from the scriptures, then we can safely conclude that the scientists are either sadly mistaken, biased against religion, or deliberately lying. This error will eventually be exposed by the peer review system, or a new theory from science.
I thought you didn't believe in peer review.
Stronger than any contradictory evidence is the complete lack of evidence in favor of religious claims. Things that happen leave evidence. Without evidence that is all religion has...CLAIMS.

(17-09-2013 11:28 AM)excubitor Wrote:  There are some things which cannot be learned through process and facts. That is why we need divine revelation.
If god revealed truth to us, you think he might have said "hey... it's round", or "there are these things called germs...", or "let me tell you about DNA..." or....
"Be mindful of your priests.... THEY LIKE TO FUCK CHILDREN!!!!!!!!".

The biblical writers were uneducated, racist, genocidal, superstitious, looting, pillaging, barbarian, goat herding rapists. READ YOUR BIBLE.

17-09-2013, 06:25 PM
(17-09-2013 11:31 AM)absols Wrote:  or how is it called love when they make sex

do we have to keep making sex with things also if we love them

and how do they love when it is just one other they make sex with

doesnt love should at least point two different things loved to justify not meaning urself

This almost makes sense.Consider

17-09-2013, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2013 08:40 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Self-congratulatory, sanctimonious, self-righteous prick.
Someone once said, "Judge not, lest ye be judged".
Fucking Christians never do what he told them to.
Yet they *say* they are his followers.
Tongue
No wonder these idiots make religion look so bad.
BTW, Cain was a myth. NO Biblical scholar in the world actually believes there was a "Cain". Not one.
On the off chance this one is real, it's amazing the're actually proud of their capricious deity who makes some holy, and creates some for hell, and
actually congratulate themselves for the actions of their deity.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-09-2013, 07:41 PM
The fact that this guy is claiming to be a Geo-centrist should be the first , and only needed, clue that this is a poe. Enjoy playing with your new toy but there is no way this is legit.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
17-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Damn drive-by Catholics that don't have enough conviction in their faith to continue defending it.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
17-09-2013, 10:19 PM
This thread needs redemption.
The way that can be done, is with "Yo momma is SO holy, that ..... " jokes.
Any help would be appreciated.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche