I am holier than thou

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2013, 01:07 PM
RE: I am holier than thou
(19-09-2013 11:52 AM)gall Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 11:48 AM)absols Wrote:  but what do u need from atheists??? they are mortal beings how does it bother u their lives
why dont u enjoy go fighting satan it would make more sense especially if u face him in u u could have a lot of fun and im sure that is what ur lord wants from u that is why u r constantly bored

human beings are nothing why are focused on, u cant join them all with u

any human is very weak he must live according to possible reality that dont depend on him

i dont get ur mind, r u really serious that u want to see everyone worshipping god??? why

enjoy worshipping him urself, b the exception it is surely better feeling for u if u r the only one

do u expect that god want everybody to worship him so he can b anyone legs??? cant he buy legs on his own ??? is he that impotent and stupid

when are they gonna all worshipping him and make a round, u r really crazy unsane what do u imagine

u should tell ur god, to leave people alone, he cant replace the truth

existence is true and that is what matter for ever, existence is based on absolute values

go to africa and live there in the jungle singing around fire for god, mayb he will get to accept at least getting some legs, if u dance well
and if he doesnt like africans skin then he can i dunno make u and ur friends lighter with burns and resurrections, africans are used to that

no really u should think about it, u can b more comfortable with ur means there

sense is there any here? Why do I need to buy legs again?

you do know that it is not spelled "u"?

reading this I fee like you don't speak and write english as your primary language and if so I understand but at least use full words and points that actually make sense in the order you worded...

This is impossible to tell what you are getting at other than base rant.

At this point I would have to say

fucks given = 0

Oy, Gall; Absols wasn't addressing you, he was addressing the holier than thou, OP guy. You gotta be around for a while to understand some folks - Absols has his own way.

And I might add, is proving to be somewhat the empath. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-09-2013, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2013 01:12 PM by absols.)
it is incredible how u r boring, u cant move a mm, all u do is showing how truth move for u by making ur same spot in all with other sentences

holly, is about shit

that is why we say holly shit

literally holly is an absolute hole, so under nothing reality in truth conception

so it reveals how far what i say about anything is right

god is shit that is how its holly power is about bringing all into a hole down

so he would pretend being up smthg, his sex the phallus is that image too getting up for just a pleasure from down while staying same place next to hole

that is why also they say god is gay

like making sex in the hole is more the reason of phallus pleasure, so god must enjoying being fucked for sure as a pretense not seriously otherwise he got angry
19-09-2013, 01:11 PM
(19-09-2013 01:05 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 12:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  I would consider it a kindness if you left this godless, but not hopeless, site.

He can't leave now!

He hasn't disproven relativity, electromagnetism, gravitation, Newton's laws, thermodynamics and quantum mechanics yet!

And I ain't holdin' my breath. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-09-2013, 01:14 PM
(19-09-2013 01:09 PM)absols Wrote:  it is incredible how u r boring, u cant move a mm, all u do is showing how truth move for u by making ur same spot in all with other sentences

holly, is about shit

that is why we say holly shit

literally holly is an absolute hole, so under nothing reality in truth conception

so it reveals how far what i say about anything is right

god is shit that is how its holly power is about bringing all into a hole down

so he would pretend being up smthg, his sex the phallus is that image too getting up for just a pleasure from down while staying same place next to hole

that is why also they say god is gay

like making sex in the hole is more the reason of phallus pleasure, so god must enjoying being fucked for sure as a pretense not seriously otherwise he got angry

Actually, we say "holy shit". But language doesn't seem to matter to you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-09-2013, 01:17 PM
wat matter freak is the word, so its end and its elements not the orthograph, when orthograph depends a lot on the space reality life of use that change in times

while holy shit confirm what i said more, since hole absolutely
19-09-2013, 02:01 PM
(19-09-2013 07:36 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Go and say sorry to Mom and Grandma and kneel before them and plead for their forgiveness. I say that unless you repent their prayers and tears and rosaries will fall on deaf ears. Call out to our blessed Mother Mary. You might regard yourself as Darth Vader "it is too late for me" but even with that most tiny glimmer and a single prayer for intercession from our blessed and holy mother you can be brought back from the brink.

Please apostate Catholics. For the sake of your souls, pray the rosary. I can help you and show you how it is done. PM me.

Of course! We've all arrived at our understanding of the universe and our place in it, indeed all of our beliefs, simply because we never had a random stranger on the internet offer us the key to salvation and eternal glory. It seems so clear now! How misguided I've been!

The thing you seem to be missing entirely is that our beliefs are just as important to us as yours are to you. We are not people who have merely gone along the with the generally accepted societal beliefs. We have done a great amount of research and soul searching, and often risked the alienation of our families and peers, to have arrived at our beliefs. And those beliefs have every bit as much meaning to us as your faith does to you. It gives us a sense of knowing where we come from and why we are here, just as your faith does for you. It allows us to look objectively at all aspects of life, as faith can do for any reasonable person.
I've never known an atheist to walk into a church in the middle of mass and start yelling at the congregation for being stupid and wrong. Surely that would offend you. How does it seem reasonable for you to do that here and expect any kind of results whatsoever?

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 1 user Likes Ohio Sky's post
19-09-2013, 02:24 PM
I wish these people could spell.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
19-09-2013, 02:30 PM
(19-09-2013 02:24 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I wish these people could spell.

Boy, you sure are demanding... Dodgy

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-09-2013, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2013 03:13 PM by Cathym112.)
[/quote]
Yes I guess you are right on most of these points. My comments are a generalisation but even though I have had a traumatic childhood I don't believe that this is the reason for making a generalisation about atheists. I have made this generalisation after over 30 years engaging in debates with atheists and I can quite safely say that in my experience atheists generally react abusively towards theists, even with swearing, ridicule and mocking. It is clear to me that this abuse is generally motivated by anger, resentment against God, religion, the church or authority figures who were considered to be religious which the atheist then transfers onto believers in God who he/she encounters.

I've heard a lot of believers give his/her theory as to why Atheists appear to be so angry. I've also heard them attribute it to a kind of anger at God, and subsequent transference of that anger to be directed at Believers. What strikes me here is what you said, "...atheist generally react abusively toward theists..." that I'd like to come back to this later if I may...

First and foremost, I am truly sorry that this is your experience with Atheists. While its true that many are angry, I beg that you try to appreciate where they might be coming from. You see, you have missed the mark slightly as to why they are angry. Atheist can appear angry for many reasons:

1) They aren't angry with God. (the whole point of Atheism is that they do not believe there is a God). So they aren't angry with God anymore than they are angry at Santa or the Tooth Fairy for not being real. Try to remember the day you found out that Santa wasn't real. Do you think you might have been angry - not at Santa - but at the family that lied to you about it? Now multiply that by what could be the majority of someone's life. 20, 25, 30, 40 years of belief until there was none. They are angry because they feel lied to by their family, friends, and role models. Remember, a lot of atheists were once theists. And when they finally stepped out from Alice's hole, they felt lied to. And that hurts. And what covers hurt feelings is anger...because anger is a lot more useful of an emotion than despair;

2) You cannot argue that all religions, from the Mormons to Muslims, have a degree of corruption that would astound even the most notorious mobster. Because even they had lines you did not cross (the rape of children to be one of them). There is something wrong with your humanity if the way in which the churches have protected the rapists of children - therefore facilitated more rapes of children - somehow don't make you angry. It should. You should be as angry as we are over that;

3) We are very tired of having the same arguments with theists and feeling like we are getting no where. Both sides are guilty of this, honestly. If you are here on an Atheist support blog trying to save us from hell, kudos to you! It means you give a shit. I guess if I honestly believed that my friend was a heartbeat away from the worst pain and torture of her life, I'd fight tooth and nail to keep her from harms way. So I understand why you feel so passionately regarding your faith. However, please, consider for a moment the other side of it. Try to divorce yourself from your passion for a second, and consider, what this scenario:

a) What if we tried to tell you about the Unicorn. The Unicorn is a wonderful creature that is responsible for shooting a rainbow of life from it's horn from which all life was born. This unicorn is so beautiful and giving, that she made a special deal with an flying seahorse. She told this flying seahorse to communicate with the humans and to tell the humans this very important message: If you love me, you must turn counterclockwise 3 times, while sprinkling purple fairy dust on your face, and saying the word, I believe I can fly, I believe I can fly. tell the humans that if they do this, I will give them warmth and love and watch passively while I randomly test their faith, and watch passively while they suffer through life's hardships. But there will be a rainbow at the end of their life that will guide them to the land of leprechauns. So off the sea horse went with this message to tell the humans. The Sea horse delivered this message only to a few select humans, ones that possibly had mental illness, to in turn further deliver Unicorn's message. However, before the seahorse left those human messengers, he warned that that if the humans did not comply, they would be lanced through the heart with her horn and trampled for an eternity under this loving Unicorn's hoof.

What if an Atheist believed that with every fiber of their being, and came to you with this story to save you from eternal torment. You would think the story is ridiculous. However, replace Unicorn = God, Seahorse = Angels, Human Messengers = Moses & Noah & Abraham & Mohammed & John Smith etc., leprechauns = heaven, and stabbing and hoof beating by a supposed loving unicorn = hell. This is how Atheists view the story of God through the various holy books. As complete and utter ridiculousness. Now, imagine hearing this story, or a version of the story, over and over again? Would you get angry at this?

Now, getting back to your other point "...atheist generally react abusively toward theists..." I will concede this. There are some atheists that do act abusive. I again ask for you indulgence to consider it from another person's point of view. A lot of atheists that feel that the opposite is true. Is it right for a theist to tell an atheist that they are going to burn in hell? Or that a homosexual is unnatural and an abomination. That's not nice. It really isn't. Therefore, it is a general view that theists react abusively toward atheists. As if our existence somehow threatens your belief. Someone once said that the Path of Inquiry will lead to Truth and Knowledge. What is it about our honest inquiry that bothers you ("you" as in theist, not "you" individually) so much? Atheist do not say for certain that God doesn't exist. All we say is that there isn't enough evidence to conclude his existence. This is why a lot of atheists will see themselves as humble...because we realize how much about this universe we just don't know yet.

So you see we aren't all that different. We are just standing on opposite sides, looking at a mirrored image. And by realizing that we aren't that different from each other is what might encourage you to act with a little compassion toward Atheists and approach it with a little bit more understanding. That might get a better response. Worth a try, no?
[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
19-09-2013, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2013 02:53 PM by NoSkyDaddy.)
(19-09-2013 11:52 AM)gall Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 11:48 AM)absols Wrote:  but what do u need from atheists??? they are mortal beings how does it bother u their lives
why dont u enjoy go fighting satan it would make more sense especially if u face him in u u could have a lot of fun and im sure that is what ur lord wants from u that is why u r constantly bored

human beings are nothing why are focused on, u cant join them all with u

any human is very weak he must live according to possible reality that dont depend on him

i dont get ur mind, r u really serious that u want to see everyone worshipping god??? why

enjoy worshipping him urself, b the exception it is surely better feeling for u if u r the only one

do u expect that god want everybody to worship him so he can b anyone legs??? cant he buy legs on his own ??? is he that impotent and stupid

when are they gonna all worshipping him and make a round, u r really crazy unsane what do u imagine

u should tell ur god, to leave people alone, he cant replace the truth

existence is true and that is what matter for ever, existence is based on absolute values

go to africa and live there in the jungle singing around fire for god, mayb he will get to accept at least getting some legs, if u dance well
and if he doesnt like africans skin then he can i dunno make u and ur friends lighter with burns and resurrections, africans are used to that

no really u should think about it, u can b more comfortable with ur means there

sense is there any here? Why do I need to buy legs again?

you do know that it is not spelled "u"?

reading this I fee like you don't speak and write english as your primary language and if so I understand but at least use full words and points that actually make sense in the order you worded...

This is impossible to tell what you are getting at other than base rant.

At this point I would have to say

fucks given = 0
This was our initial reaction too. He kinda grows on,you and makes more sense all the time.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
[+] 1 user Likes NoSkyDaddy's post