I am holier than thou

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2013, 03:05 AM
RE: I am holier than thou
(20-09-2013 02:54 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 02:35 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I believe you mean Fight Club not Dune.

Dammit, you are right. I was thinking of the Litany Against Fear from the Bene Gesserit in Dune. Looks like my neurons need a tune up... Weeping

Hey still an awesome comic though and so freaking true lol.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2013, 03:09 AM
(20-09-2013 03:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ^^^
just thought you were referring to Spice.

Smile

The litany against fear is an incantation used by the Bene Gesserit throughout the series to focus their minds and calm themselves in times of peril. The litany is as follows:

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Wikipedia

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
20-09-2013, 03:49 AM
(20-09-2013 03:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I must not fear.

Of course.
I was just giving you an out because of your embarrassing slip up.

So, are you saying that the Bene Gesserit are holier than thou?

Dodgy

20-09-2013, 04:35 AM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2013 04:39 AM by absols.)
yea fear that treasure of evil use

fear is the most high true reality, that is how fear is what gonna kill u at the end

there wont b anything left from u but the fear rights that hate u forever

keep playing with what look easy to point of value as shit thing like u

truth is everything and when everything is conscious then fear would fly up by everything

wat do u think piece of shit that live by torturing misery under feets to pretend knowing positive condition of being

wait till the end, and keep playing it as a movie script, who did the script hen??? it is obvious that u and ur gods cant invent even a ha

it is funny for u as if u r any real power or businessmen or even sombody that has any value

wait for what would laugh at the end

bc we the rights beings we never laugh

so my guess is what the end is made for us to b what we are normally, shitty how dare u take our right to laugh too for what things are seriously in trouble and only shit is in powers

while all ur funs are proven being lies
20-09-2013, 04:59 AM
Re: RE: I am holier than thou
(20-09-2013 04:35 AM)absols Wrote:  yea fear that treasure of evil use

fear is the most high true reality, that is how fear is what gonna kill u at the end

truth is everything and when everything is conscious then fear would fly up by everything

wat do u think piece of shit that live by torturing misery under feets to pretend knowing positive condition of being

wait till the end, and keep playing it as a movie script, who did the script hen??? it is obvious that u and ur gods cant invent even a ha

it is funny for u as if u r any real power or businessmen or even sombody that has any value

so my guess is what the end is made for us to b what we are normally, shitty how dare u take our right to laugh too for what things are seriously in trouble and only shit is in powers

Whoa dude, why don't you like Sriracha? No need to jump off the handle like that.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
20-09-2013, 05:24 AM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2013 06:15 AM by Cathym112.)
(17-09-2013 11:22 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Of course not. sex in marriage is a legitimate expression of love. Sex outside of marriage whether homosexual or heterosexual is not an expression of love at all but is selfish lust which is destructive to both parties.
Love between men and men is only pure and true if it is not expressed in a lustful sexual act.
Love between women and women is only pure and true if it is not expressed in a lustful sexual act.
Love between men and women who are not married is only pure if it is not expressed in a lustful sexual act.

According to the teachings of the Catholic Church which alone has the authority to proclaim what is true, sexual love can only be expressed in marriage when the sexual act is open to the conception of children.

So infertile couples can't experience true love? Or couples who are past child bearing age?

I'm wondering what the OP means by "marriage" and what makes a "marriage" legit? Please define what you mean by marriage.

Marriage is a very fluid and dynamic term. Marriage can be purely a state of mind, and it can also be a legal binding document. These are not mutually exclusive. There are plenty of husbands and wives that are not emotionally married to each other.

Also, what makes a marriage legit? Is marriage only valid if performed in some kind of religious ceremony? Is a marriage by a judge as valid as one that occurs in a church? At the heart of it - a wedding is nothing more than a proclamation of love, a combination of symbolic gestures and a proclamation by a self-appointed authority to declare it so. Nothing more. Therefore - I would argue marriage (the one you appear to be referring to - correct me if im wrong) is more a state of mind.

To insinuate that sex in a relationship wherein those two individuals didn't participate in the above mentioned ritual, secular or religious, doesn't mean they expressed love during that sex is completely ridiculous at best and disingenuous at worst. I have had boyfriends with whom I loved deeply that I experienced sexual love with. I lived with my boyfriends and for all intents and purposes, it was a marriage (at least in our state of mind), although we prevented conception. Sex without the goal of children doesn't negate its meaning. Sex can be simply sex without emotion, yes, but its whatever the two individuals deem its meaning to be. A husband and wife can also have sex with each other where it is only for quick sexual gratification and it isn't a big to do. I'm legally and emotionally married to my husband....sometimes we make love with all the intimacy and connection that follows. And sometimes we just enjoy each other's bodies for the sake of a quick orgasm and nothing more!

a couple (homo or hetero) in a committed relationship with each other, whether legally married or not, can consider themselves to be married as it is a state of mind. So to say that it's not a real expression of love is just silly. Its like the Star Belly Sneetches in a book by Dr. Seuss. The premise of the story - a children's story - is that this Star on your belly (replace with a marriage license) and the Star bellys feel superior to those plain belly. So the plain bellys find a machine to get the stars on their bellys (legalization of gay marriage). Now the original star bellys run through this machine to take off the star and declare that plain bellys are now superior (celebs like brad and angie opting to live in common law marriages, or single celebs adopting children with no husbands). And round and round they go.

Remember that it is the human condition to try to make yourselves superior by some arbitrary qualifier ( in the story - a star on your belly) and then try make sweeping generalizations regarding those people.

You have no idea what goes on in someone else's marriage. The husband could be raping his wife every night - is that pure sexual love simply because they are married? Nope. And have you had gay sex before? NO? well than how can you comment on how love is expressed through that?

To tie this into your original post, this is why one might say you act like you are "holier than thou" which is more of an expression of one's view that they are superior to others through virtue of some arbitrary qualifier.

You seem to have a very unhealthy view of sex and sexual health. I do not give the Catholic Church any authority to proclaim what is true, especially when it comes to sex. And the bible also had men marrying their multiple concubines, their siblings,their rape victims...was that pure sexual love too?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 4 users Like Cathym112's post
20-09-2013, 05:40 AM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2013 06:02 AM by Bucky Ball.)
This Catholic thinks he can assert authority, without establishing it, then argue from it.
He gets an "F" in Debate also.
So far he has "F's" in History, Moral Theology, and Logic, and a "D-" in Fiction writing.
He about to flunk out I see.

There was no such *thing* as the "sacrament of matrimony", until the RCC cooked it up for the Council of Trent.
So ... what were all those Catholics doing for the first thousand years of their history.
We have also the preposterous bullshit of the world's pre-eminent Pedophile Protection Association telling others what to do.
It's like Charles Manson lecturing on the ethics of murder.
The Pedos say one may use natural family planning, which is clearly an INTENTIONAL act to prevent a pregnancy,
and then out of the other side of their mouths, say that is precisely what is required for a sin to happen.
Just so much garbage.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-09-2013, 06:04 AM
(20-09-2013 04:35 AM)absols Wrote:  yea fear that treasure of evil use

[Image: die.png]
[Image: end.png]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
20-09-2013, 06:18 AM
Having a little trouble, there, Cathym?

Allow me to provide a revelation.

(20-09-2013 05:24 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(17-09-2013 11:22 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Of course not. sex in marriage is a legitimate expression of love. Sex outside of marriage whether homosexual or heterosexual is not an expression of love at all but is selfish lust which is destructive to both parties.
Love between men and men is only pure and true if it is not expressed in a lustful sexual act.
Love between women and women is only pure and true if it is not expressed in a lustful sexual act.
Love between men and women who are not married is only pure if it is not expressed in a lustful sexual act.

According to the teachings of the Catholic Church which alone has the authority to proclaim what is true, sexual love can only be expressed in marriage when the sexual act is open to the conception of children.

So infertile couples can't experience true love? Or couples who are past child bearing age?

I'm wondering what the OP means by "marriage" and what makes a "marriage" legit? Please define what you mean by marriage.

Marriage is a very fluid and dynamic term. Marriage can be purely a state of mind, and it can also be a legal binding document. These are not mutually exclusive. There are plenty of husbands and wives that are not emotionally married to each other.

Also, what makes a marriage legit? Is marriage only valid if performed in some kind of religious ceremony? Is a marriage by a judge as valid as one that occurs in a church? At the heart of it - a wedding is nothing more than a proclamation of love, a combination of symbolic gestures and a proclamation by a self-appointed authority to declare it so. Nothing more. Therefore - I would argue marriage (the one you appear to be referring to - correct me if im wrong) is more a state of mind.

To insinuate that sex in a relationship wherein those two individuals didn't participate in the above mentioned ritual, secular or religious, doesn't mean they expressed love during that sex is completely ridiculous at best and disingenuous at worst. I have had boyfriends with whom I loved deeply that I experienced sexual love with. I lived with my boyfriends and for all intents and purposes, it was a marriage (at least in our state of mind), although we prevented conception. Sex without the goal of children doesn't negate its meaning. Sex can be simply sex without emotion, yes, but its whatever the two individuals deem its meaning to be. A husband and wife can also have sex with each other where it is only for quick sexual gratification and it isn't a big to do. I'm legally and emotionally married to my husband....sometimes we make love with all the intimacy and connection that follows. And sometimes we just enjoy each other's bodies for the sake of a quick orgasm and nothing more!

a couple (homo or hetero) in a committed relationship with each other, whether legally married or not, can consider themselves to be married as it is a state of mind. So to say that it's not a real expression of love is just silly. Its like the Star Belly Sneetches in a book by Dr. Seuss. The premise of the story - a children's story - is that this Star on your belly (replace with a marriage license) and the Star bellys feel superior to those plain belly. So the plain bellys find a machine to get the stars on their bellys (legalization of gay marriage). Now the original star bellys run through this machine to take off the star and declare that plain bellys are now superior (celebs like brad and angie opting to live in common law marriages, or single celebs adopting children with no husbands). And round and round they go.

Remember that it is the human condition to try to make yourselves superior by some arbitrary qualifier ( in the story - a star on your belly) and then try make sweeping generalizations regarding those people.

You have no idea what goes on in someone else's marriage. The husband could be raping his wife every night - is that pure sexual love simply because they are married? Nope. And have you had gay sex before? NO? well than how can you comment on how love is expressed through that?

To tie this into your original post, this is why one might say you act like you are "holier than thou" which is more of an expression of one's view that they are superior to others through virtue of some arbitrary qualifier.

You seem to have a very unhealthy view of sex and sexual health. I do not give the Catholic Church any authority to proclaim what is true, especially when it comes to sex. And the bible also had men marrying their multiple concubines, their siblings,their rape victims...was that pure sexual love too?

20-09-2013, 06:21 AM
DLJ - the post was conspiring against me! Maybe God was trying to silence me through my inept posting skills.
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post