I am holier than thou

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2013, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2013 09:44 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: I am holier than thou
(21-09-2013 04:28 AM)excubitor Wrote:  "However Vatican 2 also states that they are NOT churches in the proper sense of the word."
I was mistaken. The words are not in Vatican 2 they are in the Popes encyclical Dominus Iesus which cites the Vatican 2 decree on Ecumenism. This decree concedes that Christians can exist in other communions by virtue of the baptism of the individual. However it deliberately avoids using the word "church" for any of these fellowships.
The Document Dominus Iesus is specifically a document which explains the Vatican 2 documents and adds more clarity to them.

Admiitting he lied. Damn right he was "mistaken".
From the CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA :
"Dr. James Gairdner, whose "History of the English Church in the 16th Century" lays bare the essentially Protestant spirit of the English Reformation, in a letter on "Continuity" (reproduced in the Tablet, 20 January, 1906), shifts the controversy from historical to doctrinal ground. "If the country," he says, "still contained a community of Christians--that is to say, of real believers in the great gospel of salvation, men who still accepted the old creeds, and had no doubt Christ died to save them--then the Church of England remained the same as before. The old system was preserved, in fact all that was really essential to it, and as regards doctrine nothing was taken away except some doubtful scholastic propositions."

The document from Vatican II used the word SUBSIST. He obviously doesn't know what that means. He has proven NOTHING without circular, internal, often mistaken use of references. I could care less about his personal history, or how many hours of study he *says* he studied. Meaningless. I'm not impressed. He's generally ignorant of every subject, as he has demonstrated over and over here. References from ROME, asserting preeminence of ROME are illegitimate. Get it ? Circular, and they are evidence of NOTHING. They cooked up Roman primacy. It did not exist in the early church. You have no "intellect", so don't throw that out. It's meaningless crap.
Go away. No one here cares about you PPO, (Pedophile Protection Organization). And they admit they made it up, as I demonstrated.

(21-09-2013 04:28 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Where do they admit they made it up?
Your article quotes an Eastern Orthodox priest who surely you would expect to be biased in favour of his camp. Alexander Schmemann says.

So now you, who ONLY uses Catholic sources, now turn on a dime, and object to it when others use Non-Catholic sources. "What did you expect them to say" ?
Exactly. Your sources are ALL BIASED, as is your Alexander Schmemann. What did you expect them to say ? THAT IS THE POINT, idiot.

(21-09-2013 04:28 AM)excubitor Wrote:  This is utterly false. What school did you go to? Clearly you have no knowledge of Apostolicae Curae in 1893 where Pope Leo XIII declared all Anglican orders "absolutely null and utterly void."

Idiot. Proof you know no history. Anglican priests DO NOT NEED TO BE "RE-ORDAINED".
If they don't and never have needed to be reordained, their orders and sacraments were considered legitimate.
Nice try at re-writing history, you ignoramus. Everyone knows they never needed to be re-ordained, (except you).
http://anglicanink.com/article/reordinat...nglicanism
"Fr Tim Edgar says: 23 October 2009 at 2:45 pm
As one of those who went through this; Mgr Leonard was, as far as I know, the only one who was allowed conditional ordination because when he was originally ordained in the C of E an Old Catholic Bishop was present.
For the rest of us ordination was absolute. Cardinal Hume was very clear that this wasn’t about questioning, per se, Anglican Orders. Rather it was about being utterly certain of Catholic Orders.
"F" in History also.

What is Westar ?? hahahahahaha
The Jesus Seminar. 150 scholars. Of course you wouldn't know that. EVERYONE in academia knows the Jesus Seminar, you fucking ignoramus.

(21-09-2013 04:28 AM)excubitor Wrote:  So any kind of historical information that does not suit your purpose is labelled as bs and irrelevant. If you want to ignore the historical record there is not much I can do for you. Whatever evidence I provide will be rejected.

That's right. ANYTHING from a biased, internal Catholic source, is biased.
You can't say "you can fill books" bla bla bla. Assertion, with no evidence. You obviously flunked debate as well as all you other subects, genius. I could care less what "Ignatius" said in a letter. All the early "Fathers' were self admitted liars.
It was their standard. Lying. That all did it, if it was convenient.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rly-church

First you say there are "protestant" scholars, then you turn around and give us "converts". Hahaha. Converts to Catholicism are not Protestants, idiot.

What is Westar ? OMG. Where do these fools come from ?

But ....
I refuse to grant ANYTHING. I could care less what the Roman Pedos say about anything. Excubitor has demonstrated or proven NOTHING. Nothing, except to say believes, because he believes. He is ignorant of every facet of History, and Scripture, and Logic. All his arguments are circular. This is an athiest board. And the fool comes here and says, pridefully, (sinfully, according to HIS church), that he is morally superior. He never heard about humility, (which is supposed to be a virtue in his cult...clearly he picks and chooses what he wants to accept in his cult), , and he actually is SO stupid, that he thinks anyone here will buy his load of garbage. I grant him nothing. He has demonstrated complete and utter ignorance of his own cult, and everything he tried to address. ....."What is Westar ?" .... OMFngG.
All of Christianity, and especially Catholicism, is built on misconceptions, and fallacies, historical lies, and incoherent nonsense.
It's intellectual crap, built 100 % on misconceptions, fallacies, lies, meaningless inconsistencies, and is utterly worthless, historically, and intellectually.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...+Testament
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...=salvation
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ht=Aquinas
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ght=Yahweh
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ble-Bull-s
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rgin+birth

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2013, 07:47 AM
[quote='cjlr' pid='382088' dateline='1379736654']
[quote='excubitor' pid='382087' dateline='1379736565']
Your request is like me saying to you. Prove that the earth is billions of years old and you can't use science.
The Bible is the ultimate authority, the actual divine inspired word of God. That is my evidence.

Ok. I won't use science. I'll use the Burgess Shale. Not a book - an actual part of the earth, within it you can see straitiations of rock older than 6,000 years old
21-09-2013, 07:51 AM
(21-09-2013 07:34 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  [quote='excubitor' ...
Vatican 2

Damnit, you guys!

Will you both please use 'spoilers'?

I haven't seen Vatican 1 yet.

Angry

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
21-09-2013, 08:07 AM
(21-09-2013 07:51 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(21-09-2013 07:34 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  [quote='excubitor' ...
Vatican 2

Damnit, you guys!

Will you both please use 'spoilers'?

I haven't seen Vatican 1 yet.

Angry

Vatican II: Vatican Harder

Vatican III: Vatican with a Vengeance

Vatican IV: Live Free or Die Celibate

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-09-2013, 08:16 AM
The real and only question remaining is :
"How many angels can dance on the head of a pin ?"

All the rest is irrelevant meaningless bullshit. Weeping
Unbelievable, that modern humans are STILL arguing this garbage.
No one cares. No one. They can't even prove Jebus existed.
All of Christianity is a distortion of Hebrew culture, which they affirm, and deny.
They use Buber to affirm, even while HIS work proves it's crap.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
21-09-2013, 08:31 AM
(21-09-2013 08:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The real and only question remaining is :
"How many angels can dance on the head of a pin ?"

All the rest is irrelevant meaningless bullshit. Weeping
Unbelievable, that modern humans are STILL arguing this garbage.
No one cares. No one. They can't even prove Jebus existed.
All of Christianity is a distortion of Hebrew culture, which they affirm, and deny.
They use Buber to affirm, even while HIS work proves it's crap.

I think they are using the "lala-lala-lala-la I can't hear you" technique of learning.

So to address the real question...
It all depends what dance they are doing.

Yes

21-09-2013, 08:52 AM
And! As a prophet, I'm the holiest one here. Which just seems to mean: insane, unwashed, and frequently incoherent... a.k.a. nothing to brag about. Big Grin

And!

[Image: 1270624_724230970927359_1308229494_o.jpg]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
21-09-2013, 08:57 AM
(21-09-2013 08:52 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  And! As a prophet, I'm the holiest one here. Which just seems to mean: insane, unwashed, and frequently incoherent... a.k.a. nothing to brag about. Big Grin

And!

[Image: 1270624_724230970927359_1308229494_o.jpg]

Right on both counts.

Also, our dear excubitor seems to be ignoring me, since he knows he isn't capable of a scientific discussion.

Ask him for me if he's disproven gravity yet, will you?

... this is my signature!
21-09-2013, 09:07 AM
(21-09-2013 08:57 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Also, our dear excubitor seems to be ignoring me, since he knows he isn't capable of a scientific discussion.

Nor a theological one. I remember the days in the valley of the sun, where the Christians recognized me, where I toasted Holy Spirit and pontificated upon God is Love... and ya know what?

Fundamental and universal reduce to trivial. A buncha atheists acting without malice, keeping their heads out of their asses - do not require dogmatic instruction.

He's not "preaching the gospel" - the Good News - he's preaching his own bigotry and hate.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post
21-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Alright excuseitor, I shouldn't have made such disparaging remarks about your mother. That was deplorable behavior on my part. Tongue

But I'm still waiting for your answer. How can you claim that the pope's words carry such authority, and still deny that evolution is an established fact that is recognized by the very organization that you so desperately defend?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post