I am holier than thou

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2013, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2013 07:27 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: I am holier than thou
(21-09-2013 05:34 PM)excubitor Wrote:  So you accuse me of using biased sources to show that the Pope had authority over all the churches. You reject these sources. So then I find a Lutheran source who would clearly not be biased to show the same thing and you reject the Lutheran historian as well. If you know anything about Lutherans you would expect them write biased polemics decrying the authority of the Pope. You however have ignored every piece of evidence I have presented which shows that the Pope had authority over all the churches. You have ridiculed and abused. Worse still, you have not provided even a shred of evidence to the contrary to show that the Pope only had authority over Rome.

My grandfather was a diplomat in Rome, and I was told by a cardinal that Anglican priests are generally not re-ordained. I had no reason to think he was incorrect. Maybe he was, and you people need to insure that your magic words actually work. As Richard Dawkins told Cardinal Pell, when Pell lost his debate in Australia, your nonsense of transubstantiation, makes no sense in the English language. So, it's all irrelevant. Magic is magic, no matter who thinks it's real.

I know a lot about Lutherans, actually, and your argument is quite hilarious. Clearly they don't buy the primacy of Rome. One lone, unusual Lutheran, does not a case make.
Nice try at deflection. Kind of obvious though, don't-cha think ?

Jebus told you, (Mr. Cafeteria Catholic), "judge not, lest ye be judged". I see you are perfectly comfortable doing exactly what he told you not to do. You are no Christian, just another judgmental, ignorant troll. I don't care about old men, in white and red, and pretty purple dresses, and hats from the temple of the fish-god Dagon, or anything that they use to justify their power over others. No one here does. But clearly men in dresses are very important to you. (There is a word for that.) Not surprising. You argue with a false authority argument. A junior in high school could see what's wrong with your attempt. You don't even know what that fallacy is. You utterly lack any debating skills. Lutheran sources are as bad a Catholic sources. You NEED non-Christian sources. All you did here was pridefully claim your moral (Church Lady) self-righteous, superiority. You lack any sort of academic preparation, or knowledge. You present nothing external, nor historical, or acceptable to anyone OUTSIDE you pathetic pedo-cult. Why on Earth would you think anyone here cares about papal anything ? And then you bitch about it. Do you always waste your time on such idiotic enterprises, or do you just like to proclaim your moral superiority, because you are mentally ill, neurotic, and insecure ?

There are no gods to ''rebel" against, and you can't prove or demonstrate that yours either exists, or is any better, or any different than any of the millions of other gods that human morons, just like you, have stomped their pathetic little feet over, for thousands of years, and demanded their delusions be accepted as real. You are no different. Nor are your gods. You have addressed none of the Biblical or Theological, or Historical arguments here. All you do is make generalized assertions, and think they will fly. You are not up to the task. Maybe you should get an education, before you attempt this again. Go back to the moronic crap over at Catholic Answers, and their neurotic mental disorders, and disabilities and the inane, irrelevant, meaningless questions they debate. You created scandal here. You actually do use the science you deny, and are the beneficiary of it, constantly, daily. You are on a computer, not because of any god, but because of science. Your health is ONLY the result of science, not any gods. You actually do deeply believe in science, and use it, but you won't admit it.

Your Vatican Council said your church "SUBSISTS" in the real church. You never addressed that. You chose to ignore that, as you need to deny it, in order to proclaim your moral superiority. YOUR moral theology says, as I pointed out long ago, that sin has prerequisites. Honest atheists do not have those pre-reqs, no matter what judgmental fools like you say. Obviously you never read your Catechism. Clearly you enjoy your church-lady "superior" antics. You NEED them, as you clearly are nuts. No atheist, who honestly doesn't buy your garbage is "rebelling" against anything. Just using their brains. You NEED to explain it to yourself the way you do, because you are mentally ill. You cannot accept honest disbelief, (or you are afraid of it). As such you are a heretic, as you make up your own "teachings", and say things which your Catechism does not agree with. Maybe your church should burn you at a stake, like they used to ... such kind and loving people they always were.

You know you have moments of doubt. Your Jebus and all you pedo-magicians have no power, and they are daily loosing ground to science, and rationality.
When you die, you will be stone cold dead, as all of your "saints". It will all have done you not a bit of good.

In short, you have proven you are not "holier than thou". Just more ignorant and inept than most.
I consider it a badge of honor that pedo-cult members like you consider me a threat.
Continue your deluded life elsewhere, please.
Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Quote:They invest no personal stake in "truth" as a believer might,
I find it surprising that a theist understands this about atheists.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
21-09-2013, 10:01 PM
(21-09-2013 05:42 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  The more you yell and insult Bucky and the rest of us, the more I know you feel cornered. Why not get those rosaries of yours out like right about now?

Don't forget that he can't possibly debate science either with any coherence or honesty - and well he knows it, or he would be.

... this is my signature!
21-09-2013, 10:10 PM
(21-09-2013 05:42 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  The more you yell and insult Bucky and the rest of us, the more I know you feel cornered. Why not get those rosaries of yours out like right about now?

Hail Mary, full of grace. May someone hot, sit on your face.
That is how that goes, right ?
That's my "rosary". Tongue

He says he found not one "worthy" opponent here. This from someone who didn't even get the "argument from authority" fallacy. The only "worthy" opponent he could possibly "find" is anther belieber who accepts his crap and the garbage of "Christianity", and it's weird Roman pedo iteration. For THAT, he comes to an atheist site.
Real bright. I wonder if he goes to the grocery store to get gas. Makes as much sense.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
21-09-2013, 10:32 PM
(21-09-2013 05:34 PM)excubitor Wrote:  ...
You however have ignored every piece of evidence I have presented which shows that the Pope had authority over all the churches.

Ohmy All the churches?

Can anyone remind me how many current popes there are?

I seem to recall that it's 5 but in checking, I only unearthed these modern-day ancient relics, Ted, Franky, Bart and Iggy:

Pope Theodore II, Bishop of Alexandria and Patriarch of all Africa.
Francis, Bishop of Rome.
Bartholomew I, Archbishop of Constantinople New Rome and Ecumenical Patriarch.
Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, Patriarch of Antioch and All the East.

Maybe I'm confused because there are 5 current Antioch popes.

Ah! Whatever... who cares? None of them are Jewish anymore.

It made more sense when they were still just Jewish.

There is not a single atheist here on this forum who deserves the title "thinker".

Might be right, there. I'll have to think about that one... critically.
Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
22-09-2013, 12:23 AM
(21-09-2013 05:42 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(21-09-2013 05:34 PM)excubitor Wrote:  So you accuse me of using biased sources to show that the Pope had authority over all the churches. You reject these sources. So then I find a Lutheran source who would clearly not be biased to show the same thing and you reject the Lutheran historian as well. If you know anything about Lutherans you would expect them write biased polemics decrying the authority of the Pope. This poor fellow Alexander Schemann is obviously an honest man and a fine scholar and is unable to claim something which is so completely obvious by any fair minded historian. You however have ignored every piece of evidence I have presented which shows that the Pope had authority over all the churches. You have ridiculed and abused. Worse still, you have not provided even a shred of evidence to the contrary to show that the Pope only had authority over Rome.

You are clearly a person of ill will. Not actually very clever. All full of bluster and bravado but lacking the intelligence and forthrightness required to address the subject in an open an honest way. So I will not be wasting any more time with you.

So you are you suggesting that Pope Leo XIII was biased when he stated the Anglican orders are absolutely null and void. In your brain the Pope himself is not even allowed to state with any authority the position of the Roman Catholic church.
I was planning to go a reordination just the other week but was unable to at the last minute. I heard that it went well. Obviously there were a great gathering of over 200 people there that did not know what ignoramuses Bucky Ball considers them to be. Why do you think that the priests converting to join the Anglican Ordinariate have to be reordained if "everyone knows that the never need to be reordained".

Even the text you copied across as "evidence" of your claims states the DIRECT OPPOSITE of what you imagine.

You say
"Everyone knows they never needed to be re-ordained, (except you). "

Whereas the authority which you cited says the direct opposite. It explains that a couple of priests were reordained conditionally on account of their association with the Old Catholics, whereas most were required to have absolute ordinations (not conditional)

The WHOLE article you cited explains why reordination of Anglican priests is necessary and should not be regarded as a rejection of Anglicanism. Here are some quotes from YOUR ARTICLE.

The very first line of YOUR ARTICLE state
"The requirement of re-ordination for Anglican priests entering the Catholic priesthood is not a rejection of Anglican orders - See more at: http://anglicanink.com/article/reordinat...VJBzZ.dpuf"

A DIRECT CONTRADICTION to your repeated, belligerent, ridiculous, moronic claim that "Everyone knows they never needed to be re-ordained, (except you). "

Listen Bozo, you set the bar here at Atheist thinking forum. Which is a sad commentary for the rest of you. Crude, moronic, unthinking beasts. That is the atheist condition which you all exhibit in spades. It is a result of your god. You worship the creation as your originator. Your distant ancestors are unthinking beasts so you have become like your ancestors.

There is not a single atheist here on this forum who deserves the title "thinker". I have found not a single worthy opponent. In fact you are not motivated by your brains but by your stomachs and your most base desires to rebel against God and leave the church. Not good enough

"

The more you yell and insult Bucky and the rest of us, the more I know you feel cornered. Why not get those rosaries of yours out like right about now?
Of course I'm cornered. I'm a little lamb who has found himself backed into a den of wolves. None of you have any respect or regard for the truth. Not one of you called Bucky out on his abject error when he beligerently insisted like a petulant child that anglican orders are recognised by the Roman Catholic Church. Even in the face of incontrovertible evidence he continued to hiss and spit recriminations, calling me a fool and an idiot who flunked out at school, who believes something that EVERYONE knows is wrong. Not one of you called him out when his own article which he cited on the first line directly contradicts his argument.

Why not? Why did you not demand an apology from Bucky when he was so obviously and alarmingly wrong. I will tell you why. Because you in particular and atheists in general DO NOT love the TRUTH as an actual entity. I defend the TRUTH against other men, even against my friends. I defend the TRUTH even against myself, putting my own opinions and biases into subjection when it is obvious that this TRUTH is contrary to my own opinions, biases and interests.

The reason I do this is because I have a personal love for the entity TRUTH. I would die for TRUTH, at the cross, or at the fire of martyrdom, or at the beheadings prophecied for believers in the end times.

I defend TRUTH, love TRUTH and are subservient to TRUTH because God is TRUTH. When we reject even the tiniest aspect of TRUTH we are rejecting God to that tiniest extent. We corrupt God in our minds by clinging to lies falsehoods and deceptions.

So if we are sworn to love follow and obey the TRUTH, then how should we react when we are found to be in error. We should certainly apologise to those who we have abused and insulted wrongfully because of our delusion and error. We should openly confess that we have made an error and confess what we now know to be the TRUTH. We should the denounce the error/lie/deception which we formerly held, and regard with great suspicion the individual/group/web site which led us into that false belief. If the error is very clearly a lie and a wicked destructive falsehood designed to destroy men and the souls of men, then that person/group/web site should be utterly rejected.
22-09-2013, 12:55 AM
Oh! So god is truth now is it?
Last month's visiting theist told us that god is love.
For future reference, does it have to be written in CAPS?

Btw, (and I speak for myself only - no atheist has ultimate authority) I watch tussles over doctrinal detail from the sidelines because I really could not give a shit whether one set of child-abusers recognise the legitimacy of another set of child-abusers.
They are all scum.

But I have hope, the world is changing.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
22-09-2013, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2013 01:04 AM by DLJ.)
Teaching how to think not what to think is becoming the norm.

Education systems are changing even in places like Malaysia. The governments in this region are seeing the economic benefits of a workforce trained to problem-solve and not just to accept what they are told.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
22-09-2013, 01:14 AM
(21-09-2013 10:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Hail Mary, full of grace. May someone hot, sit on your face.
That is how that goes, right ?
That's my "rosary". Tongue

He says he found not one "worthy" opponent here. This from someone who didn't even get the "argument from authority" fallacy. The only "worthy" opponent he could possibly "find" is anther belieber who accepts his crap and the garbage of "Christianity", and it's weird Roman pedo iteration. For THAT, he comes to an atheist site.
Real bright. I wonder if he goes to the grocery store to get gas. Makes as much sense.
For grave insult against the Holy Mother of our Lord Jesus Christ I must ignore you and avoid you so that you may learn the severity of your sin.
22-09-2013, 01:17 AM
(21-09-2013 10:32 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
You however have ignored every piece of evidence I have presented which shows that the Pope had authority over all the churches.

Ohmy All the churches?

Can anyone remind me how many current popes there are?

I seem to recall that it's 5 but in checking, I only unearthed these modern-day ancient relics, Ted, Franky, Bart and Iggy:

Pope Theodore II, Bishop of Alexandria and Patriarch of all Africa.
Francis, Bishop of Rome.
Bartholomew I, Archbishop of Constantinople New Rome and Ecumenical Patriarch.
Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, Patriarch of Antioch and All the East.

Maybe I'm confused because there are 5 current Antioch popes.

Ah! Whatever... who cares? None of them are Jewish anymore.

It made more sense when they were still just Jewish.

There is not a single atheist here on this forum who deserves the title "thinker".

Might be right, there. I'll have to think about that one... critically.
Big Grin
I rejoice when moronic brutes begin to think. The angels in heaven rejoice when they repent.