I am holier than thou

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2013, 03:30 AM
RE: I am holier than thou
excubitor,
You complain a lot about receiving insults (fair enough) but, what is this I see?
(22-09-2013 01:17 AM)excubitor Wrote:  I rejoice when moronic brutes begin to think. The angels in heaven rejoice when they repent.
Or this...
(22-09-2013 01:17 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Listen Bozo, you set the bar here at Atheist thinking forum. Which is a sad commentary for the rest of you. Crude, moronic, unthinking beasts. That is the atheist condition which you all exhibit in spades. It is a result of your god. You worship the creation as your originator. Your distant ancestors are unthinking beasts so you have become like your ancestors.
These are just a few of them.

How does that square with the words of your lord and savior?...
Mat 5:21 “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Sometimes you play innocent.
(22-09-2013 01:17 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Of course I'm cornered. I'm a little lamb who has found himself backed into a den of wolves.Angel
Hypocritical and self-righteous. Your faith certainly hasn't inspired you to turn the other cheek now has it? Aren't you supposed to be a living example to us heathens? What you don't understand is that almost every word out of your mouth(keyboard) is an insult towards us? I'm not sure you even know it. In every turn of phrase you insist that we are sick, depraved, perverted, ugly, evil, and stupid. What do you expect. Your behavior is repugnant and you think because you wear a Jesus sticker, that it's something to be proud of. We may insult you for being repugnant, and that may make us repugnant as well, however, we didn't come looking for you. Christians have ostracized us for centuries, trying to cut us off from friends, family, society, and culture. They (and you) have tried to tell us we are alone in our skepticism, that we have no right to doubt what you believe. For centuries they got away with it because society allowed them to resort to murder to silence us. Because of people like you , we have to build our own culture, society, and often times family. That is why we are here. Your behavior makes it clear why you are here. "Knowing" of your own salvation has obviously not softened your heart, or brought you inner peace or contentment. You act like a rich child, not content with the wealth and affluence afforded him, but, insecure and resentful at the emptiness and total lack of meaning despite his good fortune, and compelled to seek easy prey over which to gloat, brag, and boast. Like all the Godly persecutors before you, you justify your behavior by dehumanizing us. You think we haven't seen your kind before? People like you invented the rack, the iron maiden, the wheel, the "Spanish Tickler" (not a condom), the scavenger's daughter, the brazen bull, the knee splitter, thumb screws, water-boarding, the choke pear, and hundreds of other torture devices all in the attempt to shut us up. Like any good dictator, you can't allow the prisoners to share information. I know many Christians who are warm hearted, compassionate people. I respect them because they live what they believe, and don't rub it in other people's faces. People like you are the reason many have left the faith. With you on God's side, who needs Satan? I can only imagine how many people you have driven away from God's word. I almost hope he exists. I'd like to see you answer for that one.

Run along little lamb. No one asked you to come here. We're certainly not forcing you to stay.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like NoSkyDaddy's post
22-09-2013, 04:18 AM
(22-09-2013 02:16 AM)excubitor Wrote:  If you want evidence that the early church recognised the authority of the Pope then surely documentary evidence written by senior members of the church that clearly demonstrate obedience to the Pope and describe the esteem of the Pope given by the whole church is adequate evidence. Bucky is so deluded that he wants evidence from non-christians to demonstrate how Christians regarded the Pope. Are you in the same soup of iniquity as Bucky is?
I am not qualified to testify to church affiliations and loyalties. However, you have made sweeping claims to the authority of the RCC. The RCC can set it's own standards and you can follow them, but, neither you nor they have the right or the authority to force me to recognize them.

(22-09-2013 02:16 AM)excubitor Wrote:  I really have no dispute with this except from your claim that ancient Christians were ignorant of the physical sciences.
Ancient Christians clearly had no knowledge of chemistry. If they did we wouldn't have had to discover all of the elements. Ancient Christians believed the world was flat. Ancient Christians largely accepted the Aristotelian idea that maggots spontaneously generated form mud or other inorganic matter as opposed to sexual reproduction. DNA was definitely a foreign concept to them. The germ theory of disease is another. The did not know these things. That is ignorance (not meant to be derogatory).

(22-09-2013 02:16 AM)excubitor Wrote:  However you must remember that the early church fathers were preoccupied with spiritual things, not earthly physical things.
With the lack of scientific knowledge, their options were limited.

(22-09-2013 02:16 AM)excubitor Wrote:  One of the purposes of the Bible is to reveal special divine revelation so that we may know things which we cannot discover ourselves through the scientific method. Your mistake is that you value things which can be discovered through the scientific method more than those things which can only be discovered by divine revelation. Worse error still is the notion that all knowledge can be discovered through the use of science. This is an erroneus and is based on a logical fallacy that events can happen in history which are utterly forgotten because all the evidence is lost. This includes the circumstances of the creation of the world. Science makes the false conclusion that there is adequate data remaining from the beginning of the universe to enable us to derive the truth of what happened then from the use of the scientific method.
This is actually a huge failing in the philosophy of science. In fact classical science was always studied in tandem with classical philosophy, because it was correctly understood then that not everything can be learned through science.
I do understand that things can be lost to history. The bible claims to be the beginning of history. You can't lose it all. The real problem is that the evidence we do have contradicts many of the key events in the bible.
My real problem is with your claims about Christianity's correctness. The only reasons you give for the "rightness" of your religion is because someone wrote it in a book. These people have been dead for centuries. How do I know they weren't bat shit crazy. I can't talk to them or asses their state of mental health. But, what I can do is read what they wrote. What I get from reading the bible is a history that, if true, is completely psychopathic. Slavery, murder, genocide, rape, human trafficking, wholesale theft, all done at the behest or with the permission of the godhead.

The bronze age was a brutal time in history, and the Hebrews were acting like all the other warrior tribes in the region, but, to claim godliness for those actions? My conscience cannot square the circle. Sorry.

(22-09-2013 02:16 AM)excubitor Wrote:  So just to repeat. The Bible is there to provide us knowledge that cannot be understood through Science. If the things contained in the scriptures could be learned through science then there would be no need of a scripture.
With all of the claims made by competing religions, there is really nothing to distinguish the bible from any other text. The stories are all different but all lacking any empirical foundation whatsoever.

(22-09-2013 02:16 AM)excubitor Wrote:  By the way. Thanks for not calling me an idiot and a fool. Its a refreshing change here.
NP. It was starting to devolve rapidly. I must say though, some of your beliefs and attitudes are really offensive. If you're trying to appeal to our "higher nature", you're failing miserably. If I truly felt Africans were inferior (and I don't) I wouldn't expect hugs and kisses when I tried to explain my superiority.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
[+] 1 user Likes NoSkyDaddy's post
22-09-2013, 05:46 AM
(22-09-2013 03:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-09-2013 02:00 AM)excubitor Wrote:  I say to you that the Cretians were your cousins. My testimony is that atheists are generally moronic brutes. This witness is true and I hope you realise that you have been resoundingly rebuked so that you may turn from your sins and repent.
Pretty sure that's Cretans, Mr Not-Moron-Brute. And boy do I feel rebuked. I think I'll go have a cuppa coffee and savour this rebuked feeling Tongue Sorry no sign of repentance yet Big Grin
If you are pretty sure about something, then I suggest you do some research until you are totally sure before you make up a retort.
The words are interchangeable and refer to citizens of Crete.
The reason I used the word Cretian is because I cut and paste it out of the King James Bible which I was quoting at the time.
22-09-2013, 06:27 AM
Am I the only one swayed by Excubitor's words? This guy IS holier than us, in fact he is so holy, he must be GOD! Excubitor! Tell me how I can worship the very ground you walk on! You are truly the true god!
22-09-2013, 06:34 AM
(22-09-2013 06:27 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Am I the only one swayed by Excubitor's words? This guy IS holier than us, in fact he is so holy, he must be GOD! Excubitor! Tell me how I can worship the very ground you walk on! You are truly the true god!

You are SO fickle!

Rolleyes

22-09-2013, 06:36 AM
(22-09-2013 06:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-09-2013 06:27 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Am I the only one swayed by Excubitor's words? This guy IS holier than us, in fact he is so holy, he must be GOD! Excubitor! Tell me how I can worship the very ground you walk on! You are truly the true god!

You are SO fickle!

Rolleyes

Quiet, Hellbeast! Make way for THE TRUE GOD, Bowing EXCUBITOR Bowing INTO YOUR HEARTS!
22-09-2013, 06:41 AM
(22-09-2013 06:36 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(22-09-2013 06:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  You are SO fickle!

Rolleyes

Quiet, Hellbeast! Make way for THE TRUE GOD, Bowing EXCUBITOR Bowing INTO YOUR HEARTS!

Why do you demean yourself?
Why do you prostrate yourself before false prophets?

HoC is the one true prophet!
Our Lady of the Holy Gwynity is the one true goddess!

I cast thee OUT, Lemon of Demons!
Lecture_preist

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
22-09-2013, 06:46 AM
(22-09-2013 01:14 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(21-09-2013 10:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Hail Mary, full of grace. May someone hot, sit on your face.
That is how that goes, right ?
That's my "rosary". Tongue

He says he found not one "worthy" opponent here. This from someone who didn't even get the "argument from authority" fallacy. The only "worthy" opponent he could possibly "find" is anther belieber who accepts his crap and the garbage of "Christianity", and it's weird Roman pedo iteration. For THAT, he comes to an atheist site.
Real bright. I wonder if he goes to the grocery store to get gas. Makes as much sense.
For grave insult against the Holy Mother of our Lord Jesus Christ I must ignore you and avoid you so that you may learn the severity of your sin.

[Image: 5948__safe_rarity_image%2Bmacro_butthurt.png]

So that means Bucky wins right? You're so butthurt you now need to play that 'I'm ignoring you out of a false sense of moral superiority' card?

Well played Bucky, well played.

[Image: tumblr_inline_mfd3t0Vl061qiv5yk.gif]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-09-2013, 06:47 AM
(22-09-2013 06:41 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Why do you demean yourself?

Lecture_preist

You DARE mock the TRUE GOD, Bowing EXCUBITOR Bowing?! WITHOUT HIM, THERE WOULD BE NO HoC OR GWYNITY! I MUST SERVE TRUE GOD, Bowing EXCUBITOR Bowing TO MY DYING BREATH.
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
22-09-2013, 06:48 AM
(22-09-2013 06:47 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(22-09-2013 06:41 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Why do you demean yourself?

Lecture_preist

You DARE mock the TRUE GOD, Bowing EXCUBITOR Bowing?! WITHOUT HIM, THERE WOULD BE NO HoC OR GWYNITY! I MUST SERVE TRUE GOD, Bowing EXCUBITOR Bowing TO MY DYING BREATH.

What are you now Lemon? Like, the conversion groupie? Shocking

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]